Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tvbenk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

June_Auction_2012_014.JPG
    RFM_after_Shop_1.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anybody would be going to the fairgrounds in winston salem, nc. this sat. I have not been in a long time and wanted to get some insight into the days events and what to expect if i wanted to buy. Also maybe even to meet some of you guys in the process and get better acquainted with pinball guys in my area.

#2 11 years ago

Several Members from Here Will be there ( the Regular's ) . Just Hang around the Pin's , wear a Plaid shirt w/ a kick Me sign on the back and We'll know who you are ..

Also , Leave Yr $$ at home , to Much Competition Already !!

RFM_after_Shop_1.JPGRFM_after_Shop_1.JPG

#3 11 years ago

LOL! I will keep an eye out for you B.R.!

#4 11 years ago

See you there BR and I could only get one pin at the auction as I be taking two of the bankers pins back with me.

#5 11 years ago

I am quite jealous of y'all right about now. I really wish I could go to an auction like this out west here. I think there are too many collectors with too much money out west here for me to even have a chance. But after reading some of the results from some of their previous auctions, seems like there are some decent deals to be had there.

#6 11 years ago

I will be there early, you never know whether a pin will make it to the auction. Always a pleasure to have your advice BR.

#7 11 years ago

I might bring my LOTR for sale ....we will see.
    If a route beater can bring 3300+ what will an almost HUO demo model bring

#8 11 years ago

3750 or 3900 in parking lot

#9 11 years ago

I'll be there.

#10 11 years ago

I'm sitting this one out. I always come back disappointed. High hammer prices and poor selection most of the time. There is a few good ones but they are few and far between. Hooked is right about the LOTR from the last one, it was rough and went for way too much.

B_R you nailed it, too much competition. It's something to see what kind of crowd gathers when they start to auction the pins.

#11 11 years ago

Loading up tomorrow and heading down.

Don't expect any deals on the pins. A couple distributors have caught on to the pinball market and are looking to stock up.

#12 11 years ago

Auctions are really not my thing.

#13 11 years ago

I will be there.

You are right Tvbenk,when the pins start up it draws a large crowd.About 85% of that crowd think they are going to get an Addams for $500.00.Way to many player's there that know what pins are worth and what can be flipped.If you see a pin you want,you better be ready pay, because there will be competition including the seller.

#14 11 years ago

I need to hire you guys to get me pins at these

#15 11 years ago

There's really not any "deals" to be had, even if you are a seller or tax exempt, and it's still hard to get a deal. The last auction a MB that needed new decals, pf work etc, went for $5700 I think. Add at least 17% and any deal is out the window.

They are a lot of fun to go attend if you go in knowing you will more than likely go home empty handed. Lots of other pinheads to talk shop with and most games are on free play.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I need to hire you guys to get me pins at these

What are you lOOking 4 ? Expect a hammer price tho....

#17 11 years ago

Sad ,,,, There was Only 6 Pin's there as of 8 pm 2-nite .. Plenty of Arcades tho .. I Sure more Pin's should come in Tomorrow ... or maybe NOT

#18 11 years ago

What pins were there so far, B_R? Anything decent?

#19 11 years ago

SWE1 , Sharky's Shootout , 3 EM's and another I 4-got already . I'm Still Going !!

#20 11 years ago

LOL! I will keep an eye out for you B.R.!

And that You Did ,,, Was Glad to meet You Kdub ... Here's Kdub and Brz .. Kdub in the White shirt

No Kick me sign !! 1 Kick was Guaranteed an AZZ Woop-n !!

June_Auction_2012_014.JPGJune_Auction_2012_014.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Alot of Arcades , The Pin's are Gett-n Worse Every Auction...... But @ least a few do show up ..

You Should've brought yr LOTR Hooked ..

#23 11 years ago

This was the worst line up of pins yet.I still enjoyed going even though the pin selection was poor.I met Banker ,Jdub and BR was there.It was fun talking pinball with these guy's.The funniest thing I saw yesterday was BR go up to the guy who bought TAF,and ask him how much he payed for it.When he told him,BR started acting like he was giving it to someone from behind.AS if to say "you got phucked".The poor guy didn't know what to say.Only BR could get away with that.I thought it was funny,guess you had to be there.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

The last auction a MB that needed new decals, pf work etc, went for $5700 I think. Add at least 17% and any deal is out the window.

You're assuming the buyer was planning to fully restore the game and resell it for a profit. Maybe he/she just wanted a MB that was less expensive than the fully restored examples on eBay/MrPinball and didn't care about the cabinet decals or whether there was some wear around the scoop or Drac-track.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it 7% sales tax plus 10% buyer's fee *if* you didn't bring anything of your own to sell at the auction? If the buyer was a home user but *did* bring something from his/her own collection to sell, the total would have been $6100. They might have preferred that to paying $8500+ for a fully restored MB if they just wanted a machine to play.

#25 11 years ago

No Lube Required on that Sale ,, CraZZY Prices !! Wanna sell a Pin, Bring it to the Auction !!

Seller's Premium , $ 10.00 to enter it , and a 10% Selling fee , over $ 3500.00 = $ 150.00

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from JDG1980:

tvbenk said:The last auction a MB that needed new decals, pf work etc, went for $5700 I think. Add at least 17% and any deal is out the window.
    You're assuming the buyer was planning to fully restore the game and resell it for a profit. Maybe he/she just wanted a MB that was less expensive than the fully restored examples on eBay/MrPinball and didn't care about the cabinet decals or whether there was some wear around the scoop or Drac-track.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it 7% sales tax plus 10% buyer's fee *if* you didn't bring anything of your own to sell at the auction? If the buyer was a home user but *did* bring something from his/her own collection to sell, the total would have been $6100. They might have preferred that to paying $8500+ for a fully restored MB if they just wanted a machine to play.

Yes how silly of me to assume that. As for bringing something to sell to get out of the buyers fee I've heard both sides to whether or not that works.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-fairground-auction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.