Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinbum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

You are correct - it's when the seller buys back his own pin. Buying it back via bidding allows him to bid a potential buyer up to his reserve...whereas a reserve would simply not be met when the last bidder outbid the other legitimate bidders. Buy backs suck, but so does losing a lot of money as a seller if there is a small turnout for the auction. I can see both sides of it.

I've been on both sides of this equation, albeit many more times as the bidder than the seller. As I have stated many times before I am in favor of the buy back system. They clearly advertise that is what can happen if you listen to them going over the rules at the beginning, or bother readying the thing you are signing to get a bidder number. It's also on the web site. So nothing underhanded going on.

They could do reserve prices or starting bids, but I like to believe that what an owner "needs" could be very fluid depending on how the auction is going. To me it's more sporting to just let them bid on it as well. I have never let one of them trick me into paying a singled dollar more than I wanted for an item. But because it is a sport I can say many of them have re-loaded games they have brought when they were bidding against me and they got too greedy.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Do you know where? Honestly can't find much on their site at all. I've only been to one auction and didn't even register as there wasn't anything I was interested in.

Yep, I stand corrected on that. I couldn't find their terms on the web site either. I'm pretty sure it used to be on there before the web site was redesigned. I know they announce as such as the beginning and I remember they used to post their terms at the auctions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction-31216?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.