Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinbum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dante.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

So if you are the buyer - are there any additional fees on top of the hammer prices? Or is the hammer price it (assuming you are paying cash)

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Usually the buyer has to pay the 20% premium and depending on the state sales tax too...

20%....Ouch. Now I understand why there are the parking lot deals. Thanks for the clarification.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Damn, they charge 20% to the buyer, too? That's nuts

That's what I thought. $5k for a TZ + 20% ($1k) + NC Sales tax ($338) for a total of $6,338 is crazy when most private TZs go for 5-6.5k depending on condition. I am also assuming that when you are at the auction, you can play if they are working - but are not allowed to pop the PF or open up the backbox to determine condition or look for hacks.

Would love to attend someday, but at those prices - I think I'll keep to private sales.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from happilymarried05:

I think if you can find the owner they will sometimes open the game, I have seen a few ppl doing that. You have to bring a long (LONG) extension cord with you just in case you can't find a plug for the game you can make your own. If those numbers above are what you pay I'm glad I stopped bidding when I did on wwele sheesh, something told me ta stop

I'd pay those numbers for a super clean TZ But not if I couldn't go thru it with a fine tooth comb. As for WWE, sorry, I'm not a wrestling fan, so I'd doubt that I'd pick one up even for bargain basement prices.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

I agree 100% that private sales are the watch to go

Heh, I just saw your collection. If you ever decide to part with your TZ, give me a pm But I agree with you, the auctions don't appear to be the way to go.

#28 8 years ago

The last Popeye that I saw locally on CL was $800. I know of a local OP that has one that he may part with, but no idea on price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dante.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction-31216?tu=dante and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.