(Topic ID: 149118)

Winston-Salem auction 1/16

By DefaultGen

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    Scott_14_(resized).jpg
    Scott_15_(resized).jpg
    Scott_16_(resized).jpg
    Scott_28_(resized).jpg
    Scott_32_(resized).jpg
    20151211_025248_(resized).jpg
    Scott_24_(resized).jpg
    Scott_23_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Anyone bringing anything cool? All that will fit in my upstairs game room due to the low ceiling is stubby woodrails and I'm full up otherwise, so I'm not going into this one hoping for much.

http://auctiongamesales.com/dixie-classic-fairgrounds-info/

#2 8 years ago

Wife and I are going. Going to make a weekend of it and check out Foothills Brewery tap room Friday night. Love some of their beers and always wanted to check it out. Anyone want to get together?

#3 8 years ago

Hoping to find some vector arcades or some nice system 11 Era pins.

#4 8 years ago

I can't get off from work or I'd definitely be there. Let me know how you make out.

#5 8 years ago

How about a nice Stellar Wars by Steve Ritchie

Scott_23_(resized).jpgScott_23_(resized).jpg

Scott_24_(resized).jpgScott_24_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Still have new in the box Wizard of Oz standards. Last chance to get new in box for several.years as new Hobbit production has began. Pat's new pin is next so.some time before Woz will be made again. This is a recent made one with the improvements and mylar not new old stock.

20151211_025248_(resized).jpg20151211_025248_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

Look at this beautiful Starship Troopers with all Cointaker Leds and superbands on the flippers. It's fully working. This one for sure will be at the auction so come and take it home. I only have room to haul one and I am picking up.a HUO Kiss. Open to a deal before the auction if we can agree and small deposit sent.

Thanks
    Buddy

Scott_32_(resized).jpgScott_32_(resized).jpg

Scott_28_(resized).jpgScott_28_(resized).jpg

Scott_16_(resized).jpgScott_16_(resized).jpg

Scott_15_(resized).jpgScott_15_(resized).jpg

Scott_14_(resized).jpgScott_14_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago

Should I bring this? It's restored, but I'm not sure how EMs do at these auctions. Looking to get at least a grand.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

Stellar Wars looks nice Buddy. How many pins are you thinking of bringing? Of all the times I've gone to this auction I've only come home with your pins. Usually just end up buying a couple of arcades if it's one of the sales you don't make it to.

#10 8 years ago

I know a couple of EM collectors told me they love to make it to WS because all of the EMs go for far less than they should. Why don't you bring me another clean pin to buy!

#11 8 years ago

Bdaley - I've only been to one Winston Salem auction and they had about 4-5 EM machines, most went for under $700, so I don't think you will get $1000 for it at the auction.

Would love for someone to give a recap on the pins they have for sale this weekend and if possible what they sold for. I plan on attending the March show and wanted to get some auction ideas. Thanks and good luck selling and buying!

#12 8 years ago

The Cow Poke looks like a fun EM & nice also.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Bdaley - I've only been to one Winston Salem auction and they had about 4-5 EM machines, most went for under $700, so I don't think you will get $1000 for it at the auction.
    Would love for someone to give a recap on the pins they have for sale this weekend and if possible what they sold for. I plan on attending the March show and wanted to get some auction ideas. Thanks and good luck selling and buying!

I'll be at the March one too come hell or high water!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Soop:

I'll be at the March one too come hell or high water!

Soop: Have you ever been to one of them in the past? If so, any feedback or thoughts on the auction?

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Soop: Have you ever been to one of them in the past? If so, any feedback or thoughts on the auction?

Nope, this was going to be my first. Loved pinball for many years, but always felt owning one was a pipe dream until I got one! Would like to know how the whole thing goes so I'm not totally green when I go in March. Are there vendors that show up? Parts? Side deals? Or is it a straight auction?

#16 8 years ago

There are side deals

#17 8 years ago

Anyone have a list of what's there? I would like to know how much guilt I should lay on my son for having to work and preventing me from going.

#18 8 years ago

I don't see a final list anywhere yet, but I decided to sleep in this morning. Facebook says it was a total bust with 7 pins. I see a Grand Prix, D&D, Nascar, Big Hurt, Dolly Parton cab on end, Austin Powers, and a Monopoly in a pic.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't see a final list anywhere yet, but I decided to sleep in this morning. Facebook says it was a total bust with 7 pins. I see a Grand Prix, D&D, Nascar, Big Hurt, Dolly Parton cab on end, Austin Powers, and a Monopoly in a pic.

image_(resized).jpg

My local op went, and it looked like way more than 7 there. https://instagram.com/p/BAm4gK6LNaY/

#20 8 years ago

That Monster Bash was a buyback at over $8k

#21 8 years ago

Hammer price: (thanks to Lori and Rad)

Austin powers 2300
    Dun & Dragons 450
    Big Hurt 700
    JP 2100
    NASCAR 2000
    Monopoly 2600
    Dolly not set up 250
    STTNG 3400
    Grand Prix 325
    TZ 4900, 4300
    RFM 1500
    WH2O 2600
    Corvette 2550
    TAF 4100
    MB 8200

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Look at this beautiful Starship Troopers with all Cointaker Leds and superbands on the flippers. It's fully working. This one for sure will be at the auction so come and take it home. I only have room to haul one and I am picking up.a HUO Kiss. Open to a deal before the auction if we can agree and small deposit sent.
    Thanks
    Buddy

Scott_32_(resized).jpgScott_28_(resized).jpgScott_16_(resized).jpgScott_15_(resized).jpgScott_14_(resized).jpg

how much did SST sell for?

#23 8 years ago

Thanks for the hammer prices! I stopped by just to check it out real quick -- first time there, and still a newbie so my impressions are just that.

Honestly, I'm amazed some of those machines pulled those prices (good for the sellers!). I wasn't there long, but perhaps people were plugging in the ones that were off to verify they worked, and/or had the opportunity to play them a little. The only two that seemed playable were MB and JP.

For example, the nicer TZ that was plugged in was worn but fair condition. There was a credit dot (perhaps minor, perhaps not), no balls in the system so unable to play. The MB was nice, decent playfield but a little rough in some areas (cabinet, etc.). Had a credit dot which may have been minor, but couldn't tell.

I got into a brief conversation with someone who asked me what I thought the TZ would sell for (the nicer one). Despite being a newbie I know this machine well as I own one and spent quite a bit of time researching, and I guessed around 3k. More if it were playable and credit dot could be examined -- I'd want to see gumball work, clock, etc., and adjust price accordingly.

For those that are serious about bidding, do you find the owner and inspect a bit more?

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blu:

My local op went, and it looked like way more than 7 there. https://instagram.com/p/BAm4gK6LNaY/

No where near the days of old when there were 50-100 sometimes more.... taking both sides of the row and some in the next...

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blu:

Pic is deceiving, the first few were pins but then arcades... 7 or 8, but not many. Most off/not working.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

how much did SST sell for?

Parking lot deal the night before 1600

#27 8 years ago

thanks for the info Buddy

#28 8 years ago

That $450 D & D hurts my heart. I'm guessing it had a lot of wear right?

#29 8 years ago

D and D did not boot up .

#30 8 years ago

PF looked nice to me, I thought that pin was a good buy, relatively speaking.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

That $450 D & D hurts my heart. I'm guessing it had a lot of wear right?

At the November auction, a working D&D sold for $1700.

#32 8 years ago

Note on game said was working 100%, power board had issue caught on fire (I think) and only other damage was a burnt wire harness. I did not investigate since I was not interested. Boards for that series of game are cheap.

Bob

#33 8 years ago

Cord was cut off too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction-116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.