Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Chrome_doom.jpg
    ALL_Right.gif
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_017.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_013.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_015.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_008.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_007.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_005.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_012.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_010.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_009.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_006.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_022.JPG
    Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_003.JPG
    Pinball_Wizard_hit_it.jpg
    12345.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Anybody know what pins are going to be there?

Cheers
    PCE

Oh Yeah.....................BOOM

12345.jpg12345.jpg

#3 11 years ago

so no dice on the pin report

#4 11 years ago

New in the box Xmen pro
    Iron man only moved twice
    New just out box for people to play ACDC premium
    HUO POTC

Rare Joust 2 video game
    Tron upright video game

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

New in the box Xmen pro
    Iron Man only moved twice
    New just out box for people to play ACDC premium
    HUO POTC
    Rare Joust 2 video game
    Tron upright video game

So only 4 pins there or only 4 pins worth mentioning?
    either way thanks for the response DOUGHSLINGERS

Gracias
    PCE

#6 11 years ago

bump for results?? couldnt go would love to know full story

#7 11 years ago

Thanks Porkchop. My wife was sitting next to me when I checked out your thread and I got smacked when she saw your pic. BTW, it was worth it. ( I typed the last sentence after she walked away)

#8 11 years ago

Alot of Pins were there !!!!! AC/DC Prem- $ 5700.00 , The Banker got the IM ... short video soon

Also , Stern is Gett-n CHEAP ,, NIB AC/DC Prem ship'd w/ Black Legs !!!

Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_003.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_003.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_022.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_022.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_006.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_006.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_009.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_009.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_010.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_010.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_012.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_012.JPG

#9 11 years ago

I did hear that the TOM went for $4200 and a sample Williams IJ went for $3950

#10 11 years ago

Few more ..... IJ had a Re-boot Prob-- ( No Biggie ) lOOked Ok except for the Faded cab-

Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_005.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_005.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_007.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_007.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_008.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_008.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_015.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_015.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_013.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_013.JPG Pinball_Auction_W-Salem_017.JPGPinball_Auction_W-Salem_017.JPG

#11 11 years ago

short video of IM and TAF ... Hooked is Winking , BigLaw w/ the Beard and doughslinger buy-n Back his IM ... IM is headed to the Banker's .. Great Pin !!

#12 11 years ago

Should arrive soon. Minor clean up , should be good to go. BR, next step will be your help with LEDs.

#13 11 years ago

Always good to see B_R & the Banker.
    Also got to meet BigLaw, Doughslinger, Wolfy & Trident.

#14 11 years ago

Great selection! The auctions down my way (Florida) do not ever seem to be that nice...

#15 11 years ago

Sample IJ was the coolest thing there...built 6-23-93.
    Always good to be among other pinheads.

#16 11 years ago

Hey thanks for posting the video.

When was the last auction in NJ? Seems like a long time ago

#17 11 years ago

How much did the TAF go for? Upset I missed the TOM!

#18 11 years ago

Sorry I missed you guys at ljvm annex , looks like some good pins were sold today

#19 11 years ago

Oh man, a Bobby Orr Power Play! I would love to snag one of those some day!

#20 11 years ago

always good to see and meet other pinheads. some crazy prices IMO. for condition. but still a few deals also

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrewAVL:

How much did the TAF go for? Upset I missed the TOM!

Watch the video ,,,,,,,,

#22 11 years ago

Full lineup covered in the first 2 minutes of this footage.

#23 11 years ago

Anybody get a list of prices? Thanks for all the photos and videos. How long do the auctions last?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from boo32:

How long do the auctions last?

From 10:00am untill. I left around 4:30 & it was still going, but the place is packed with tons of stuff besides pins. The bidding on pins started around 2:45 (I think) and lasted about an hour. I showed up at 2:15, so I timed it just right.

#25 11 years ago

Long day but had a blast as usual talking to everyone. SpeD I'm in your vid at the 2:25 mark wearing the black shirt with a car. I remember seeing you shoot but didn't know who you were. I'll introduce myself next time.

#26 11 years ago

Should arrive soon. Minor clean up , should be good to go. BR, next step will be your help with LEDs.

Get me and Shanetastic to Shop it 1st ,, then we can Bling it !!! Glad you got IM .. ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

Another Classic Pin to add to Yr Awesome Collection Banker !!! IM is Tough ..

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

SpeD I'm in your vid at the 2:25 mark wearing the black shirt with a car.

Dang, I looked right at ya a few times wondering if I recognized you from somewhere. Were you at the last auction?

#28 11 years ago

Anybody get a list of prices?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Dang, I looked right at ya a few times wondering if I recognized you from somewhere. Were you at the last auction?

Yeah I've been going for a little over a year. I'll say hey in December.

Grabbed a pair of chrome legs from Andrew with B_R while I was there, so I didn't go home empty handed.

#30 11 years ago

Brz got screwed out of IJ at $ 3950.00 , the guy in the Red shirt backed out @ $ 3850.00 and Didn't bid again .. 3:50 in SPEd's vid--- but the video stop'd ,, Ya'll don't get to see the BS that went on..

Auctioneer sold it to an Auction Worker !! $ 3975.00 , Step in Bid !! or Stomped on Bid .

#31 11 years ago

I was standing there and he got the shaft, the guy in red never bid again. Video proves that! Maybe we need instant replay.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Brz got screwed out of IJ at $ 3950.00 , the guy in the Red shirt backed out @ $ 3850.00 and Didn't bid again .. 3:50 in SPEd's vid--- but the video stop'd ,, Ya'll don't get to see the BS that went on..
    Auctioneer sold it to an Auction Worker !! $ 3975.00 , Step in Bid !! or Stomped on Bid .

The video clearly shows the auctioneer saying sold to buyer 449 for 3950....How'd that get changed to someone else?

#33 11 years ago

Yep it was odd. They stopped the bid then someone stepped up said they had bid. They did a little discussion and it went to $3975.

#34 11 years ago

Hammer Prices:
    AC/DC Premium 5700
    ToM 4100
    Elvis 2850
    IM 3900. New in box 4000
    TAF 3650
    Slugfest 950, 750
    Star Wars 675 water damage
    Game Show 850
    Waterworld 850
    Lost World 750
    Monday NF 700
    DH 1450
    Ripleys 1975
    Starship 900
    WCS 1100
    IJ Wms 3950 Sample
    HD Sega 1350, 1900
    Nascar 1600
    Playboy Stern 1600
    Dale Jr 2250
    Space Jam 1050
    NBA Fastbreak 750
    Shaq 700
    Big Hurt 800
    POTC 4700
    Striker Ext 950
    HRC 1200
    Bad Cats 1150
    Wipe Out 575
    Lazer War 375
    Maverick 525
    Hook 200 parts?, 900
    Pharoah 200
    Power Play 475
    F14 1425
    FH 1750
    Coney Island 175
    FT 1500
    Sharpshooter 150
    Nashville 10
    Miss America 5
    Sound Stage 225
    Mati Hari 275
    A Go Go 20

#35 11 years ago

The pricing really isn't that bad considering. It was better than the York show and more variety! I guess some of these are more beat than the pics and video show, but they still don't seem like horrible prices.

You guys are lucky to have such a good turnout of pins down there! I need to move south.

#36 11 years ago

Couple corrections:

It was Xmen NIB not IM
    F14 425

#37 11 years ago

Looks like I missed a good one, hope December is as good.

#38 11 years ago

Wow,I did get screwed.I didn't realize what happened till I just saw the video.Being up front,I couldn't see the other bidders and what went on behind me.I was told the auctioner didn't here his bid,but he clearly got out early.He was not even looking at the auctioner towards the end.I could take this to court.

#39 11 years ago

I thought that was you brz. I wanted to say hi but you were pretty busy.
    After I finished editing that video together, I deleted all of my source files. I wish I hadn't now as the camera kept rolling through the controversial, extra bidding. At least you got to see the more important part of that sequence.

#40 11 years ago

They record the entire auction on tape. I think its a law or something. If that ever happens again in the future, they can check the tapes. They had to do that one time for me because the final hammer price on an item I won was written down with a higher price that I bid. The tape showed that I was right.

#41 11 years ago

The other thing I don't like in this video is it looks like I'm getting a bald spot on the top of my head.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from brz:

Wow,I did get screwed.I didn't realize what happened till I just saw the video.Being up front,I couldn't see the other bidders and what went on behind me.I was told the auctioner didn't here his bid,but he clearly got out early.He was not even looking at the auctioner towards the end.I could take this to court.

I don't know about court, but I would be taking that video to Auction Game Sales...It might not get you anywhere, but maybe they'll waive your fees on a future purchase.

As a side note, I find it poor business practice to let Auction employees bid on the games. That's a definite conflict of interest.

#43 11 years ago

Last auction I had won the bid at 350 on an arcade. Someone else stepped up and said they had the bid too. They restarted the auction. They gave me the spot at 350, the other guy went 375. Then back and forth a couple times and I won at 450. I suppose something like that is what happened. I felt like I wasted 100.00, but I understand sometimes the auctioneers loose sight of the bidders. But it still really sucks, especially if you loose the game you want.

#44 11 years ago

Shouting is acceptable at an auction. IMO it's a bidders fault if they don't speak up. "Going once, going twice".... I'M BIDDING OVER HERE DUDE!!

#45 11 years ago

The other thing I don't like in this video is it looks like I'm getting a bald spot on the top of my head.

Yes you are brz ,, You see Jack's head shinning to yr left in the vid-- I give ya a few more yrs

Chrome_doom.jpgChrome_doom.jpg

#46 11 years ago

Thanks for the price list Lori , would have loved to pick up the potc but out of my price range

#47 11 years ago

How in the world did that POTC go for 4700? Plus buyers fee and tax? Can anyone verify that price?

#48 11 years ago

Wow, that sucks.

I hate that auction workers can buy but money is money and if they want to spend more, they can get it I guess. I wonder if they have to pay the fees. If they do not that would be a big advantage to them.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

How in the world did that POTC go for 4700? Plus buyers fee and tax? Can anyone verify that price?

That was Doughslingers machine he could verify

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.