Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DefaultGen
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Pin prices seemed pretty decent last time. Going to try to snag one this weekend. Usually November sales have a pretty big turnout.

#2 8 years ago

Might be going hunting a cheap EM or project to keep my hands busy. Anyone want to bring me something?

#3 8 years ago

What's going on? What kind of sale?

#4 8 years ago

I'll be there as usual. Might drop by to view Friday evening after work too

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from bohunr:

What's going on? What kind of sale?

http://auctiongamesales.com

Search pinside to get the scoop on these auctions.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Might drop by to view Friday evening after work too

Let us know what you see if you do. Thanks!

#7 8 years ago

Wish I was closer to sale so I could drop in tonight. It's about a 3 hour drive for me.

#8 8 years ago

On the way.

#9 8 years ago

Looking forward to updates.

#10 8 years ago

From pictures I've seen on facebook here is a partial list of pins:

D&D
    Captain Fantastic
    Big Hurt
    Simpsons DE
    Gorgar
    DW
    LW3
    Gramd Lizard
    Star Trek DE
    Nascar
    Who Dunnit
    Ticket Tac Toe
    Dale Jr
    EATPM

#11 8 years ago

Hammer Prices:
    Shrek 3750
    Elvis 2900
    NF 1600
    LW3 1000, 1150
    WH2O 2700
    Playboy Stern 1400
    Grand Prix 450
    WCS 1800
    SP 2000
    Dale Jr 2200
    EATPM 2000
    Tic Tac Toe 300
    Who dunnit 1600
    NASCAR 1900, 2000, 2150
    Star Trek 1800
    Grand Lizard 1700
    Dr Who 2900
    Big Hurt 1250
    Simpsons DE 1650
    Gorgar 500
    Checkpoint 1400
    Dun & Dragons 1700
    Cap Fan 150
    Millionaire 750
    Fire 1500
    Carnival 300
    Jungle Lord 700
    Comet 500 BB
    TAF 3950
    BR 2200
    Little Pro 375
    Jokerz 400 not set up
    Cyclone 1300
    Space Shuttle 450
    Dolly 65 not set up
    Jungle Lord 200, no BG etc
    Dolly 300
    TOTAN cabinet only 70
    HS 900
    JP 2600
    BW 125 beat
    LOTR 3850

#12 8 years ago

That's quite a list. What was the shape of the machines? Any standout deals? Dolly Parton for $65?

1 month later
    #13 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's quite a list. What was the shape of the machines? Any standout deals? Dolly Parton for $65?

I attended this auction, my first. I had decided about 1 week prior that I was making the 8 hour commute to the auction and I was coming home with my first pin. I didn't have anything on my "want" list and the only stipulation I had was a $2000 spending limit. I made the drive down with my girlfriend on 3 hours of sleep and we arrived at 9:45am for a 10am start time. We quickly browsed the games and then signed up for a bidding number, this process was relatively quick. From here we sat and waited, and waited, and waited until 4:30pm, which is the time they got to the pinball machines. It would have been nice to know that the pinballs are always the last thing they auction off as I could have gotten more sleep Anyways, we spent most of the day playing the various machines, looking up their value on Pinside, and narrowing down the ones we were going to bid on. The final list was No Fear, Grand Lizard, Dungeons & Dragons, Fire!, Black Rose, and Highspeed. For the most part, the pins were in pretty good shape. The Dolly for $65 wasn't setup and didn't work.

The No Fear was the third game they auctioned off and I didn't bid on it at all, and it ended up selling for $1600, which was well under the value listed on Pinside. I quickly got knots in my stomach because I felt I should have bid on the game and didn't. Grand Lizard was the next pin to be auctioned from my want list. My girlfriend really liked this machine out of all of them so she was really encouraging to bid, which we did and won the auction for $1700, yes a little on the high end. However, I didn't want to lose this auction, and then get outbid on the next 3 machines and we were absolutely driving home with something after an 8 hour commute. I'm hooked now and we will be going back to the March auction to add to the collection. This time I have a lot more knowledge and know what to look for so I'm excited for this next auction to take place.

#14 8 years ago

Awesome, yeah you should have asked some locals about the way the auction works.... pins move last and it pisses all of us off but thats the way the auction works... I hope you have good luck on the next auction and welcome to the pinball... its a sickness and addiction

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

we were absolutely driving home with something after an 8 hour commute.

Damn, Delaware! I also met someone from Michigan at the last auction! No wonder prices are high, people are commuting in from around the US!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Damn, Delaware! I also met someone from Michigan at the last auction! No wonder prices are high, people are commuting in from around the US!

Yea, unfortunately all of the google searching I did this was the closest auction I could find. Now that I am a member of pinside I noticed there are all sorts of expo and stuff where games are for sale in PA and NJ, so I will definitely be hitting them up as well.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Yea, unfortunately all of the google searching I did this was the closest auction I could find. Now that I am a member of pinside I noticed there are all sorts of expo and stuff where games are for sale in PA and NJ, so I will definitely be hitting them up as well.

The games I want always seem to be in PA. I wouldn't mind living a little closer to there

#18 8 years ago

That sounds pretty cool. Auctions are a big deal around here and we have quite a few but not any arcade style. The closest one I think is Sieverville, TN. Grand Lizard is an awesome looking game. It's funny you chose that over the DMD. Most people want that style. Do you have any pics of the GL? A lot of them seem to have playfield wear.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

That sounds pretty cool. Auctions are a big deal around here and we have quite a few but not any arcade style. The closest one I think is Sieverville, TN. Grand Lizard is an awesome looking game. It's funny you chose that over the DMD. Most people want that style. Do you have any pics of the GL? A lot of them seem to have playfield wear.

I'm not sure I follow when you said it was funny I chose the GL over the DMD. As for pics, I haven't really taken any but will this weekend and post them. I think the PF is pretty decent as I have seen GL's with far worse PF's than mine.

#20 8 years ago

Most people who buy their first pin, buy a DMD. They just don't look for older pins.

#21 8 years ago

I'm thinking about coming to the March one, but it's the same weekend as my wife's birthday, so it's gonna be quick if anything.

#22 8 years ago

Well I didn't go looking for an older game per se, I was looking for something under my budget. I missed out on No Fear initially and then actual fear set in that I wasn't going to win a pin at all, so I went all in on GL. The World Cup Soccer was in my price range but the game had no appeal to me so I didn't even consider it. I definitely want to try and grab a DMD at the next one though.

#23 8 years ago

I think it's next weekend back in Winston-Salem

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I think it's next weekend back in Winston-Salem

You are correct. Every other month its in Winston Salem, however I can't make next weekends auction but I can for the one in March!

#25 8 years ago

Do any of you head there Friday evening during the preview period? Thought it would be good to check out what's there ahead of time, but wasn't sure if many of the pins are set up then.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Do any of you head there Friday evening during the preview period? Thought it would be good to check out what's there ahead of time, but wasn't sure if many of the pins are set up then.

Some of the locals do, although I haven't. Pins are dead last in the auction and more get set up throughout the day. You will have hours to check out and play the games if you show up in the morning.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-11-21-whos-goin-and-what-bringing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.