(Topic ID: 178942)

Winston Salem 1-21, Who's going, What are u bringing

By Tokkentakker

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EATPM (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Winston Salem auction this weekend. I'm going to make it to this one. Hoping for a good pin turnout. Anybody here bringing any?

#2 7 years ago

I'll be bringing a few upright arcades.

#3 7 years ago

From the history I've read of these Winston Salem auctions, I wouldn't even call them auctions. Buyer buy backs and sellers bidding on their own machines plus the taxes and fees, I'm surprised anyone ever attempts to buy at this "overpriced garage sale" anymore.

#4 7 years ago

I have been at that auction several times and only bought one pinball machine. And that was almost 4 years ago. Sellers bidding up their own machines is total bs. They should just do reserves on the games to protect themselves. Lately the prices at the auction with the fees added does make it harder to buy at decent prices. However arcade games are very reasonable and usually a good amount are up for sale everytime I go. There are alot of nice people there on the pinball side of auction. But you will do better buying pinball machines through craigslist or other sales. At least you can open up machines and inspect everything that way. The auction machines are locked up unless you can find the seller. Its a good place to go. At this time you will spend more than some machines are worth. Example the game I bought was at a 1900 bid and was almost 2200 out the door with fees and taxes. Biggest complaint can be waiting to pay for your item. I sat for two hours to pay for one game. Do not wait until the auction is over to get in line if you dont have to.

#5 7 years ago

Hammer Prices
    Ghostbusters 4500
    Road Kings 700
    Rolling Stones 4500
    EATPM 3400BB
    Dale Jr 2800
    Whodunnit 2300, 2100
    HD 1550
    RS 2600
    Kiss LE NIB 5300
    Shadow 2400
    WPT 1250
    MSF 2400
    Viper 1400
    Tommy 1500
    Haunted House 2100
    CFTBL 3450
    Flash 600
    Top Score 400
    Bronco 200
    Spirit of 76 250
    Hang Glider 150
    Ten Strike 300
    DM 1900
    Fast break 2200

#6 7 years ago

Only one buyback? That's better than usual. What kind of shape was the CFTBL in? That price seems good. Shadow at 2400 sounds good too assuming it wasn't thrashed. Was demo man in decent shape? Also a good price

#7 7 years ago

CFTBL wasn't playable. Might have been minor, but that's the problem, you just don't know unless you can hunt the owner down. Otherwise players condition. The Shadow was nice, maybe excellent players condition? Played pretty well.

GB pro for 4400 seems high. It was in good shape, with some minor wear, but add in fees and taxes, and NIB delivered is basically the same cost.

Fair prices but really no great deals. Anyone know how much the cranes generally go for? Thought it would be fun to pick up one but left before they got to them.

#8 7 years ago

$1,250 for a World Poker Tour?

#9 7 years ago

Cranes: last May a bunch went for $5. Most had Denny's marquees but some older Clean Sweeps that needed work. Not sure this time.

#10 7 years ago

WPT was the best buy. Creature had no working hologram , broken ramp, needed a full shop, huge scoop wear, 2 missing plastics covered by cardboard cutouts spray painted, and weak flippers. Operator owner stuck a few LED's in and did nothing else. Game was sitting for a while. It did have a decent playfield and cabinet. $3,450 plus fees was too much I'm my opinion.

#11 7 years ago

The same auction company will be running an auction next month in Sevierville. Is this auction any better than Winston Salem?

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the prices, didn't stay long enough for them to get to the pins.

#13 7 years ago

Did anybody ever play the WPT? Door was locked and it was not on freeplay.

#14 7 years ago

Did those include the buyers premium and before tax?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Did those include the buyers premium and before tax?

I think hammer price means no, just the price on the floor, no fees, premiums, taxes, etc.

Side note... never bought previously as there was nothing I was going to bid on, but figured I'd stop in the office and get a bidder number. $100 deposit plus hold onto my drivers license until the end? Makes me a little uncomfortable. In addition, I had to wait a bit to register, would hate to want to leave, even temporarily to grab lunch or whatever, and see a line where now I had to wait to either pay or get my license back.

#16 7 years ago

If you dont have to pay for any item you can go into that office ahead of anyone waiting to pay and get your license back. You do not have to sit in line if all you need is your license. They are good people running the auction.

#17 7 years ago

I wonder what driving games go for at these things. I'm wondering if it's worth a trip from Memphis to find out

#18 7 years ago

EATPM for $ 3400.00 ,, Insane !!! I turned down a Beautiful 1 a Few Years ago for $ 1450.00 ... (( example ))

The auction is the Place to Sell now ,, Not Buy .....

EATPM (resized).jpgEATPM (resized).jpg

auction Prices 5 years ago ........ Check it out !!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction-results-12311#post-114534

#19 7 years ago

Its a good place for arcade games. Pinballs way too high. I cant believe the haunted house went for over 2000 and it wouldnt boot with no credit or ball being displayed and the scores had a wave to them. The ghost busters why would you pay the same amount as a nib? Crazy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-1-21-whos-going-what-are-u-bringing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.