Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6227 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6226 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6219 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6215 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6214 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Hammer Prices:

Space Time 300
    Freddy 1750
    F- 14 1600
    Buck Rogers 250 not set up
    PZ 1750
    LoTR 2700 BB, 4700
    WPT 1950
    Pinbot 950
    SP 1750
    Walking Dead w/ topper 4300
    Avengers 3800
    Pharaoh 1200 BB
    Miss Universe Bingo 20
    Toledo 300
    MMr NIB 6900 stainless
    Jackpot 475
    Big Top 125
    Soccer Kings 850 BB
    AP 2400
    Playboy 2100
    Batman 1800
    Countdown 550
    Shaq 950
    StarWars Stern 5200
    Slugfest 1000
    T3 1800
    Aerosmith Pro 5200
    Sopranos 3600
    Metallica 6100
    POTC 4100
    Elvis 3150
    Space Jam 1800

#2 6 years ago

MMr was a good buy, but 6100 for a Metallica?? You can get NIB with warranty for that price plus some change in your pocket.....

LOTR at 2700 had to have been well worn.

#3 6 years ago

Is the list in order of sale? Looks like people were desperate to buy a game at the end.

#4 6 years ago

I don't see anything spectacular especially since you have fees on top of these prices. Not sure why people go to these. Am I missing something?

#5 6 years ago

$4700 for a Bone Busters? Somebody got boned!

I wouldn't give ya $1k for that turd!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I don't see anything spectacular especially since you have fees on top of these prices. Not sure why people go to these. Am I missing something?

Not that I can see. Even if you’re a retailer these prices are horrible for the most part.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

$4700 for a Bone Busters? Somebody got boned!
    I wouldn't give ya $1k for that turd!

That's not Bone Busters. That's Buyback.

#8 6 years ago

I stopped going to Auctions over 7 years ago. It's really stupid and a waste of time unless you are a seller.

#9 6 years ago

Only Lotr seemed like a decent price. Other than that pretty much retail, except for the EM's.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

You never know what games will be there or what the prices will be. Most of our games we’ve bought at the auction at very good prices. Not everyone pays the fees especially if you are in the business.

#11 6 years ago

TWD with topper for 4300 is smoking! Assuming quality was good - you can sell the topper for 350+ if you don't want it and have that game for sub 4k? Great deal.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

TWD with topper for 4300 is smoking! Assuming quality was good - you can sell the topper for 350+ if you don't want it and have that game for sub 4k? Great deal.

There are still fees and stuff on top of that. I do not know all the details but it significantly raises the price.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

MMr was a good buy, but 6100 for a Metallica?? You can get NIB with warranty for that price plus some change in your pocket.....
    LOTR at 2700 had to have been well worn.

Met was a Premium

#14 6 years ago

If you are not a business, you will pay between 18 to 20% in BUYERS fees and state tax. That puts all of these games way out of range approaching retail.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

If you are not a business, you will pay between 18 to 20% in BUYERS fees and state tax. That puts all of these games way out of range approaching retail.

So if I have a business license I can get these prices with NO fees or taxes?

#16 6 years ago

The taxes and fees was apparently 16.75% on top of the above prices.

#17 6 years ago

A lot of the guys go to the auction just to be around other collectors and make connections. With the taxes and fees, it’s better to be a seller at the auctions.

#18 6 years ago

Anyone know who’s pharaoh that was it the condition?

Looking for one.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

There are still fees and stuff on top of that. I do not know all the details but it significantly raises the price.

Got it - didn't know that. Thanks

#20 6 years ago

I just go to get to play games I never see in the wild. Some games I "think" I will like suck and some I might "brush off" sometimes surprise me.

#21 6 years ago

Does anyone know the details of the estate sale that a lot of the machines were part of?

#22 6 years ago

IMG_6214 (resized).JPGIMG_6214 (resized).JPG

IMG_6215 (resized).JPGIMG_6215 (resized).JPG

IMG_6216 (resized).JPGIMG_6216 (resized).JPG

IMG_6219 (resized).JPGIMG_6219 (resized).JPG

IMG_6221 (resized).JPGIMG_6221 (resized).JPG

IMG_6226 (resized).JPGIMG_6226 (resized).JPG

IMG_6227 (resized).JPGIMG_6227 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

20 for the bingo is cool. Damn a small bottle of jack Daniels is 26 bucks up here. For 20 a new toy

#24 6 years ago

The thing to remember about these auctions is that many of the games require either very expensive parts to be replaced or have very difficult to diagnose problems. Otherwise they would not be up for auction. The owners of these games will try their best to keep this info from the prospective buyers.

The only time to buy at an auction is at the very end when most people have gone home or ran out of money.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-auction-results-11318?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.