Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190416_233129 (resized).jpg
20190416_233123 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Hello all - I'm hoping this is a fairly easy problem to fix but I am not finding the solution. I recently bought a WOZ and the winged monkey worked perfectly for a few days but now it is stuck in the down position (it won't return to the castle). When I run a test or reset the game, I hear the motor working and switching directions, but the monkey doesn't move at all. I've tried to "boost" it manually while the motor is running but it won't budge and I don't want to break it (more).

Is there an easy way to get it back on track and get it working again? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

#2 4 months ago

If you sell that one and buy a yellow brick road edition it completely fixes the problem... .............Joey

#3 4 months ago

You can turn the threaded rod by hand to move the monkey up or down. If it's stuck that might free it or you can figure out where. If the coupling from the motor to the threaded rod is broken, you need a new one. Clear vinyl tubing is used now.

LTG : )

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Murph303:

Hello all - I'm hoping this is a fairly easy problem to fix but I am not finding the solution. I recently bought a WOZ and the winged monkey worked perfectly for a few days but now it is stuck in the down position (it won't return to the castle). When I run a test or reset the game, I hear the motor working and switching directions, but the monkey doesn't move at all. I've tried to "boost" it manually while the motor is running but it won't budge and I don't want to break it (more).
Is there an easy way to get it back on track and get it working again? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Was the threaded rod lubricated? Sometimes people do this and it turns to sticky gunk over time and stops movement. Johnny Mnemonic is NOTORIOUS for this. How clean are the threads?

#5 4 months ago

Thanks LTG. That manual twist helped get it moving to the top again on reset, but during play it will come down to capture the ball but struggles to get back up and drops it half way. Then stuck in the middle again. Any advice?

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Was the threaded rod lubricated? Sometimes people do this and it turns to sticky gunk over time and stops movement. Johnny Mnemonic is NOTORIOUS for this. How clean are the threads?

It feels lubricated and threads look clean. What kind of lubricant should I add?

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Murph303:

It feels lubricated and threads look clean. What kind of lubricant should I add?

The less the better. I used dry graphite lube so it wouldn't get goopy and it works great, but then Lloyd said that's flammable, which I did not know, so not sure if that's something to recommend.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The less the better. I used dry graphite lube so it wouldn't get goopy and it works great, but then Lloyd said that's flammable, which I did not know, so not sure if that's something to recommend.

Will more lubricant fix the struggle on the way up? Now it comes down alright but won't make it back up to the castle. Or is that a motor issue?

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can turn the threaded rod by hand to move the monkey up or down. If it's stuck that might free it or you can figure out where. If the coupling from the motor to the threaded rod is broken, you need a new one. Clear vinyl tubing is used now.

Thanks LTG. That manual twist helped get it moving to the top again on reset, but during play it will come down to capture the ball but struggles to get back up and drops it half way. Then stuck in the middle again. Any advice?

#10 4 months ago

Is it binding against the backboard slots? I had a zip tie riding along the wood.

#11 4 months ago

Mine was getting confused because of the monkey sense board attached to the backboard. My board had come loose from the 2 screws holding it. Then i had to adjust it strait up and down.
Heres the very tiny little board. Game up on service rails to second position.

20190416_233123 (resized).jpg20190416_233129 (resized).jpg
#12 4 months ago

Everything you describe was what i was experiencing.

#13 4 months ago

Clean off the old grease from the threaded rod and flat thing it rides on, then put on new grease.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clean off the old grease from the threaded rod and flat thing it rides on, then put on new grease.

Suggested, non-flammable grease? I was thinking a light coating of axel grease. Stays pretty consistent over long periods of time, doesn't really break down easily, etc. I too used dry lube but I believe you said it was flammable. I thought about 3-in-1 oil as well, but it's messy and tends to get gooey over time.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Suggested, non-flammable grease?

I had grease on hand for the chain on a garage door opener. Worked fine.

Any light grease will work. Just clean off all the old.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had grease on hand for the chain on a garage door opener. Worked fine.
Any light grease will work. Just clean off all the old.

Cool, I have that as well.

#17 4 months ago

I've never heard it referred to as the "Winged Monkey", but they sell pills for that, regardless....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 189.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside