10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmj1977
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmj1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

hi All - apologies if I am missing this elsewhere but haven't been able to find a description of this problem. When the winged monkey comes down to collect the ball he successfully carries it up to the castle and places the ball down, the video of dorothy being captured plays on the screen, but then, nothing happens. I assume the game should at that point give me another ball to play with?
am i missing something? can someone advise no how i can test where the problem is coming from?
I figure since the dorothy capture video plays the microswitch where the ball is dropped is working OK?
am about to update from 1.24 to 1.25 but from reading the release notes there is nothing in there that will make a difference?
thanks for any and all advice!

#3 10 years ago

hey hogbog - thanks - have just spent quite a bit of time testing and have worked out the following:
- i think the switch is working fine. When i put it in switch test pressing on it triggers the switch on the test screen, a slightly longer press results in the door opening as well
- the problem seems to be dependent on whether or not there is a ball already in the winged monkey lock when the game boots. If the there is a ball in the lock when the game boots up, two things happen (that seem relevant)
1) the ball is dropped from the lock on boot, but after the ball is released the door in front of the winged monkey continues to open and close about 10 times (as though the switch is still firing maybe?).
2) when during play you trigger the appropriate sequence (hit the two blue switches for winged monkey and shoot the right orbit for the monkey pickup), the winged monkey door opens and closes just before the monkey delivers the ball to the lock at the top (as though it thinks there was a ball in the lock already and it is releasing it for you to play with - thus the machine thinks there is no need to give you a new ball in the plunge lane as it just releases one for you).

Soooo, i'm wondering if when the machine boots with a ball in the lock it releases it, but it doesn't register that is has released it and thus the "phantom ball" that it thinks it has in the lock is the problem.

No of these problem seem to occur when the game boots without a ball in the winged monkey lock.

Sorry about the length of this post - please point out where you need more info or clarification. I'm very keen to resolve this. We have been loving playing this machine and have friends staying who really enjoy it as well. I'd love to get this resolved.

thanks for any further ideas or suggestions - i'm off to test more...

[EDIT]: have confirmed teh following. If game boots without ball in monkey lock all works, if game boots with ball in monkey lock then even though the ball is released on boot, once you lock a ball in monkey lock no ball is placed in plunger and problem arises (game eventually goes into ball check and releases your ball fromt he lock but it seems a bit wrong in terms of progress of locks etc.).
Temporary solution seems to be to turn game on and off twice if there is a ball left in the monkey lock. I.e, boot game, let it drop the ball. Turn game off again, turn on without ball in monkey lock and play.

Question remains - is anyone else experiencing this? if not, what is wrong with my otherwise beautiful WOZ machine?

Post edited by dmj1977 : more testing done

#5 10 years ago

thanks sepins - i've activated that option. The only problem i can imagine is that i turn it off mid game - with a ball still in the lock - then there might still be an issue when i turn it on again the next time?

#8 10 years ago

Thanks hogbog - appreciate the confirmation - the jjp team are doing an awesome job

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmj1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winged-monkey-problem?tu=dmj1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.