(Topic ID: 165996)

Windows phone: cutting off post buttons, other issues?

By Mbecker

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone have issues accessing the site via a windows phone? I just started using it and am having 2 problems:

1) I can't post. I can see all the forum threads/posts fine, but at the bottom the post box extends beyond the screen as does the "post" button. I can't seem to access them. I could just be windows-mobile stupid, or is there something going on here?

2) Half the time when I go from reading posts on a thread to the frontpage it just locks up and I can't scroll up or down anymore. Phone issue or website/phone interface bug? I don't know...

I'd post this from my phone so the info would come up to help but obviously I can't do that..

anyone else experienced either of these problems?

#2 7 years ago

I cringe whenever I see someone using a Windows phone. They just aren't very good, and Microsoft browsers are always the odd man out when it comes to compatibility with websites.

You can try scrolling down to the bottom of the page and click the "Desktop" link. This will force the site to use desktop mode, rather than the responsive mobile mode.

#3 7 years ago

What is Windows phone?

free bump

#4 7 years ago

haha fair enough -- I use an iphone when I can but I have free data on the work windows phone sooo... otherwise I totally agree, not a fan of it Never really got into the mobile mode though -- I do use the desktop mode, perhaps that's the problem with it actually I hadn't thought of that..

#5 7 years ago

To be honest, Windows Phone is such a small percentage of Pinside visits (maybe it's only you?) that it just isn't worth spending a lot of development time on for me. If others would like to investigate what the issue could be I'm happy to implement suggested patches but since I have neither a Windows phone nor a lot of time to spend on this I'm afraid I can't help with this right now.

Maybe an idea? Can you set up internet connection sharing (hotspot) on your Window phone? Then you can use the data plan on that phone and browse on your iPhone. Just a thought.

1 week later
    #6 7 years ago

Interesting thought Robin -- I will look into that hotspot idea, thanks!

I realized I actually was using the mobile mode and completely forgot I had switch over when that went live. I tried switching it back to desktop mode and that fixes the problem.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the post Mbecker and Robin! I guess I'm the 2nd windows mobile user. Not many of us are there..
    I switched from mobile to desktop mode and all is well.
    Thanks!

#8 7 years ago

You're not the only 2, but I'm currently trying out an iPhone (I don't love it)

Mobile mode in WP is basically broken at this point. I wouldn't bother using it at all. If I were to guess, I'd bet it will be pulled from the next version since there is really no need for it.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from fuko:

I'm currently trying out an iPhone (I don't love it)

Try an android phone if you're not liking an iPhone. There's a fairly decent selection of devices at various price points.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/windows-phone-cutting-off-post-buttons-other-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.