Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2078_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

It keeps saying to restart for the upgrade and I click no then it sets an automatic time to upgrade.

Download the Stand-alone GWX Control Panel found here:

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Open the program, acknowledge the UAC prompt if it appears and accept the agreement. Then click on "Disable Windows 10 App (Remove Icon). That will blow away the annoying prompt asking you to upgrade. Then click on "Click to Delete Windows 10 Download Folders" and allow it to delete the 4 - 6GB of data for the upgrade. Then click "Click to Prevent Windows 10 Upgrades". This will change a few settings that determine if Microsoft is able to upgrade the machine to Windows 10, along with removing the ads you sometimes get when on the Windows Update screen. It will not inhibit 'regular' Windows Updates.

EDIT -> I didn't see that Crash had already posted this advice.

2 months later
    #58 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Windows 10. My PC is still bricked and the only thing they can tell me to do is a clean reload. Of course that would wipe out the 100's or arcade pictures of many pins I worked on plus the last 10 years of family pictures that are on my drive. Somehow I turned off my restore point so it's either wipe it or nothing. Just going to have to buy another PC and pull my pictures and other stuff off the old drive.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like some help. I'm right across the river and do IT.

3 weeks later
    #63 7 years ago

I have two Macbooks in my office right now that refuse to boot. They aren't as bullet proof as people think.

I run an IT business and since the introduction of Windows 7, I've seen a sharp decline in issues. Even with the "dreaded" Windows 8 there weren't a ton of problems. Windows 10 has a lot of promise, but there are still a few issues that need ironed out. They aren't show stoppers, but stupid things like clock synchronization, time to standby calculations, etc.

Every time I use a Mac, I feel like I'm just along for the ride. It's just so annoying to use....and I own a MacBook Air. The funny thing is that almost all my clients that have Mac based businesses, run Windows 7 as a virtual machine.

1 month later
    #78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Basically if you have a Windows 7 downgrade and you replace the motherboard, Dell won't give you a product key.

Call Microsoft. 99% of the time they will give you a key if you explain the situation.

2 weeks later
    #84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Is that anniversary update playing nice with everyone?

I thought that was in beta still?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/windows-10-upgrade-death-by-waiting?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.