Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2078_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deegor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 7 years ago

If you're willing to do a little work, you can recover all your content. Use a linux live cd or a bootlable USB with linux loaded on it, and you will be able to mount your old drive and pull the content off of it.

Alternatively, if you have another windows computer or at least access to another windows computer, you can add your current drive to it, and copy the content off.

3 weeks later
    #65 7 years ago

These days a simple chromebook will satisfy most casual users. No viruses and they're dirt cheap. Acer has a nice 14" aluminum version for under $275.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I need to learn how to switch to Linux and if I don't like it switch back to W10. I recently replaced a 9 yr old Mac Mini with a Dell Inspiron for my media server. Windows 10 sucks, sucks, sucks at playing DVDs. It didn't come with a native DVD player and autoplay is flaky as hell. The wife keeps threatening to return the Dell and spend a bunch more to get a new Mac Mini. Is Linux really the answer?
    Or I can Wifexit.

I would load it up in a virtual machine and test it out for yourself. It's completely non-destructive, and you will get a feel for whether it will be a good fit for you.

Here's a guide that will walk you through the process.
    - http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/2014/05/how-to-install-linux-mint-as-virtual.html

1 week later
    #74 7 years ago

Are CDs those drink coasters they used to supply with computers back in the 90s?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deegor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/windows-10-upgrade-death-by-waiting?tu=deegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.