Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2078_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok anyone have this yet?
    Ran the upgrade last night. Checked my pc this morning and all I get is this blue screen that says USER and has a small circle that keeps going around and around. It won't let me do anything. This has been about 4 hours now.

IMG_2078_(resized).JPGIMG_2078_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Yes that is sometimes known to happen if upgraded over wifi. Seems some files get corrupt and will screw up the boot up. I had to upgrade using ethernet cord after the hassle over the phone with tech support. Windows 7 was better imo.
    Mike

Yes, upgraded over wifi. How the hell do I get out of this?

3 weeks later
    #17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Just had another horrible experience with 10. Turns out Microsoft magically decided to launch the Windows 10 installer on boot on one of the office PCs I maintain for a business. So we were freaking out thinking Windows 10 had installed itself over our previously working Windows 7 setup. Fortunately it didn't, but it completely wrecked IE to the point where it crashes immediately when you try to use it. I reset all factory defaults for it, no luck. Also uninstalled it and downgraded to an older version, same bull****. Now Windows Update is stuck in a loop so I can't update IE once again and the offline installer failed. If I can't fix this mess I'm going to have to reinstall the whole fricking OS. Golf clap, Micro$oft. Golf clap. It's literally the worst browser hijacker I've ever come across. It honestly feels like I'm fighting a malware infection.

My only working PC is now trying to upgrade automatically. It keeps saying to restart for the upgrade and I click no then it sets an automatic time to upgrade. I still can't get my other PC working and can't lose this one.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Has anyone experienced this windows 10 attempting to launch itself? Hadn't been on my laptop for close to a week and when I opened it the other day it had tried to install but had encountered problems which thankfully stopped the install. Sent messages out to the tech support but haven't heard back yet.

See my post above.. That's what it is doing to me to. It's setting itself for automatic update. I keep blocking it and it keeps setting it again. I've had Malware that was easier to get rid of. My first PC is junk from it.

2 months later
    #54 7 years ago

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your Windows 10. My PC is still bricked and the only thing they can tell me to do is a clean reload. Of course that would wipe out the 100's or arcade pictures of many pins I worked on plus the last 10 years of family pictures that are on my drive. Somehow I turned off my restore point so it's either wipe it or nothing. Just going to have to buy another PC and pull my pictures and other stuff off the old drive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/windows-10-upgrade-death-by-waiting?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.