(Topic ID: 155565)

Win a trip to the NW Pinball & Arcade Show, June 3rd-5th!!!

By nwpinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Show_scene_(resized).jpg
    2016Showposter_largewebversion_72dpi_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

One of the advantages of doing a non-profit show is we can put all money earned from the previous year's show back into the next one, as well as towards scholarships for college kids. This allows us each year, with the help of our sponsors, to bring one of you to Seattle on our dime for the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show! One lucky person will win :

-1 roundtrip coach plane ticket to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport from any major airport in the continental US for the weekend of June 3rd-5th
    -1 Courtyard Standard hotel room Friday June 3rd through Sunday June 5th at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, across the street from the venue
    -1 three-day pass to the 2016 NW Pinball & Arcade Show
    -A limited edition signed poster and t-shirt for the 2016 NW Pinball & Arcade Show

The contest just went live and ends April 15th. One entry per person. Enter today by:
    1. Going to the show website at: http://nwpinballshow.com/
    2. Clicking the "Contest" tab on the menu bar
    3. Filling out and submitting the form

There have been two winners from Pinside in the past 8 years, this year there just might be another!

2016Showposter_largewebversion_72dpi_(resized).jpg2016Showposter_largewebversion_72dpi_(resized).jpg

Show_scene_(resized).jpgShow_scene_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Thanks...Hope I win

#3 8 years ago

Nice and free bump for a good cause.

Moved to "Events" subforum

#4 8 years ago

Don't forget to enter to win a free trip to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show this June!

#5 8 years ago

If I enter and win can the airline ticket be put back up into a separate contest?
    I would not mind hotel and admission but I would just drive up to the show.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If I enter and win can the airline ticket be put back up into a separate contest?
    I would not mind hotel and admission but I would just drive up to the show.

I'm not associated with the show, but the official rules from their web site state...

"Trip includes roundtrip coach class airfare for winner from a major US airport closest to the winner's home to a major airport near the destination. Or, if winner lives within 200 miles of the destination, ground transportation will be provided, at the sole discretion of Sponsor."

#7 8 years ago

I am out. I would not want to take from another pinsider. Good luck all.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I am out. I would not want to take from another pinsider. Good luck all.

Thanks! Yeah, we really aim this contest not at Northwest folks that are gonna drive to the show anyways. Winners in the past have come from Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Maryland, and California. The reason we do this contest is to bring someone here that otherwise may never ever come to the Seattle show. We wanna spread the love and give someone a once in a lifetime chance to come here and see how rad our show is!

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Thanks! Yeah, we really aim this contest not at Northwest folks that are gonna drive to the show anyways. Winners in the past have come from Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Maryland, and California. The reason we do this contest is to bring someone here that otherwise may never ever come to the Seattle show. We wanna spread the love and give someone a once in a lifetime chance to come here and see how rad our show is!

I think this is very cool! Awesome for you guys to do this.

1 week later
    #10 7 years ago

10 more days to enter! And the odds of winning are actually pretty great, we only have about 500 entries so far!!

#11 7 years ago

I looked into if any of the other major shows have something like this to somewhere I could go, but I didn't find any. Very cool that NWPAS does this!

#12 7 years ago

This is the final week to enter to win a free trip this June to the NW Pinball & Arcade Show! Get in there!

#13 7 years ago

This is the final day to enter to win a trip to the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, June 3rd-5th! Winner receives:
    -1 rountrip flight from any major airport in the continental US to the show
    -1 hotel room for the weekend at the Courtyard Marriot Hotel across the street from the show
    -1 3-day pass
    -And some assorted show swag like t-shirt and poster

We will be randomly drawing one winner tomorrow! This is your last chance to enter. One entry per person.
    http://nwpinballshow.com/contest

#14 7 years ago

Just so you know, I'll be out of town tomorrow, so you may not hear back from me until Monday.

#15 7 years ago

Ha ha ha ha, OK!

#16 7 years ago

This contest is countryist, no Canadian entries allowed... Lol, no worries we are always getting the shaft!!!!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

This contest is countryist

I think it might be possible to open it to North America in future years. Flights from Canada and Mexico are about the same as inside the US. Flights from other parts of the world can be very expensive.

#18 7 years ago

entered and fingers crossed!

Hoping to check out this show and winning a free trip is the best shot of me making it!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hoping to check out this show and winning a free trip is the best shot of me making it!

My wife and I and another couple have gone the last two years. Stay in Seattle and make a long weekend out of it. Fun show and a couple days checking out all Seattle has to offer was a blast!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Then you could check out the ramp production!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

This contest is countryist, no Canadian entries allowed... Lol, no worries we are always getting the shaft!!!!

Well, as far as I know no other pin show does anything like this, so we are ahead on that count. But yes, to minimize costs, it's continental US. If you live close to the border though and could drive a US airport or handle that portion of the trip yourself, go ahead and enter!

#22 7 years ago

Could you please post the winner on this thread? I hope it's me!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

Then you could check out the ramp production!

that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Could you please post the winner on this thread? I hope it's me!

For sure we will. It may take a few days, sometimes we don't hear back immediately, and sometimes people decide they can't come or get off from work and we have to draw another name (crazy, right?).

#25 7 years ago

Ha, no issue just pulling your guys chain, I think it is awesome what you guys are doing. Wish we could offer the same for our local show maybe we will get there one day!!!

Quoted from nwpinball:

Well, as far as I know no other pin show does anything like this, so we are ahead on that count. But yes, to minimize costs, it's continental US. If you live close to the border though and could drive a US airport or handle that portion of the trip yourself, go ahead and enter!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My wife and I and another couple have gone the last two years. Stay in Seattle and make a long weekend out of it. Fun show and a couple days checking out all Seattle has to offer was a blast!

If you are attending this year I would be honored to meet the legendary Bryan Kelly!

#27 7 years ago

2 hours left to enter here on the West Coast, at midnight the contest stops taking entries!

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

If you are attending this year I would be honored to meet the legendary Bryan Kelly!

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm just a dumbass from MN.

#29 7 years ago

Who won?

#30 7 years ago

if it was me, i have not been notified yet. it would be great though!

#31 7 years ago

The winner has been notified and I think they are a Pinsider. But it may be a few days before I hear back from them if they can come or not, not everyone checks their email on the weekends. People have turned it down before, if that happens, I draw again. I'll announce who the winner is publicly when it's set in stone.

#32 7 years ago

I don't think the email came through, can you send it again? I'm not seeing it..??

#33 7 years ago

Just checked my inbox Sadly I will not be going unless the peson turns it down...a man can dream Congrats to the winner.

#34 7 years ago

The winner of the 2016 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show Free Trip is... David Bell, from Tuscon, Arizona! David is a computer programmer who grew up in a Chicago suburb where pinball and arcade games were illegal, so he had to sneak over the border to feed my addiction. His favorite games are Robotron, Q*bert and all pinball games. He attends a couple shows a year, including the recent Texas Pinball Festival, but this will be his first time coming to our show and he's pretty excited about it!

Thanks to everyone that entered! Even if you didn't win, why not come up for the show anyway? The speakers include Nolan Bushnell, David Thiel and Chris Granner. You can try out the latest and greatest games including the Big Lebowski, Full Throttle, Ghostbusters, Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and The Hobbit. The Marco/Stern booth will be loaded with new games and our local collectors bring over 400 games as well, all of which will be on free play, there the entire weekend, and kept working by a huge team of Game Medics. We run a world class main pinball tournament and a number of smaller ones. And we raffle off at least one pinball or arcade game every day of the show, this year's grand prize will be a new Ghostbusters!

Tickets and info at: http://nwpinballshow.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/win-a-trip-to-the-nw-pinball-arcade-show-june-3rd-5th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.