Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1305549_584385371599295_1646147623_n.jpg
    NPB_loan_amount_with_interest0001.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_2402[1].JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Hello and thanks for reading. As many here know I was in a national contest to win a free digital projector from Honda at projectdrivein.com but we came up short in votes. I appreciate everyone here who voted and I know there was many who did. I need to come up with some fundraisers to get around 30k so I can lease/purchase one and get this at 53 percent. WOW! I want to reopen next season and keep the tradition alive as the Central Drive In has been open since 1952 and is still open for 3 more weekends (Fri and Sat only) For great info on what is happening to drive in please see the video on the www.projectdrivein.com page.

For the contest I will limit the sale to 100 tickets at 125 each. Think of it like a modification purchase but only bigger. I would rather give each person their number in order from 1 to 100 but if you have a lucky number like 69 I will assign you that number and there is a limit of buying 2 to spread it out so more people could win. I picked WOZ since I am a JJP distributor and I will have some more in stock soon. This will be NIB. I must sell all 100 tickets or the money will be refunded. I can take PayPal at [email protected] or mail to Central Drive In 5111 Kent Junction Road Norton VA 24273. Once all 100 tickets are purchased I will have somebody well respected do the drawing, hopefully at Expo if not live over a webcam and it will be recorded.

This is real, I am honest just got caught in a hard space trying to update all 9 screens at my indoor cinema. Its also happening to all movie cinemas, not just drive ins as film is on life support and I hate to see it go. The gov't will not allow Kodak to reenter the film business, and we thought we had two more years to convert at the drive in as Fuji left early this year leaving just Kodak. One company can make money, like Stern has, without any competition. I have very little cash left at present and the Fall is not a blockbuster movie season as football kills business on Fri with high school, Sat college and Sun the NFL has everybody watching rather than going to the movies.

This fundraiser will greatly help my business and rather than just asking for donations, I do have something to give back and its a nice pin. I am also going to do my one and only Hemi Edition ACDC Premium. This has only been in my personal collection but I can not stop playing Steve's other great ACDC creation the Great Face edition Pro as its such a great pin too, like WOZ to do a fundraiser with so look for ACDC Premium next.

Thanks for looking and Good Luck!
    For anybody with questions just contact me
    Buddy
    [email protected]
    Fax 276-679-7778
    Voice 276-679-7779
    Office 276-883-2073
    Cell 276-219-4663 (not real good signal in the mountains of VA)

#2 10 years ago

Good luck buddy! This is a real good cause guys.. There are no drive ins anywhere near me (this may be the closest one LOL).. Let's keep an american staple open another 61 years..

#3 10 years ago

I'm considering buying a ticket - is there a deadline date for the tickets to be sold by?

#4 10 years ago

Money sent, glad to be able to help. flippers crossed. Will likely purchase one for the acdc when that happens as well.

#5 10 years ago

Buddy>>
    I am not sure how kickstarter works exactly but it may be the perfect thing for this sort of situation.
    Make a kickstarter with an ultimate goal of 60k. Then stipulate that if the goal is reached anyone donating $100 will be entered for a chance to win one of 5 WOZs. Anyone donating $50 gets free car load into the drive-in for 2014 season?

Basically, make it to 60k and you have your 30k plus the 30k to cover 5 WOZ standards.

I would donate $100 to that kickstarter and I am guessing you could find 600 other pinheads interested to do the same???

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

I'm considering buying a ticket - is there a deadline date for the tickets to be sold by?

I need to sell the tickets as soon as possible. I would like to take the pin to PinExpo in Chicago have the drawing there. If the winner is close I could deliver or take it on the way home maybe.

There is a backlog of work to get the new projector plus building modifications also have to be done. Electrical, climate controlled, and much more. The screen alone cost 5k to paint to the silver white to reflect light better.

I am running out of film to show as I can not get 35mm prints. In fact this past weekend was the last new movie I will ever show.

For people with Facebook here is our drive in page
    https://www.facebook.com/centraldrivein
    Thanks again
    Buddy

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Buddy>>
    I am not sure how kickstarter works exactly but it may be the perfect thing for this sort of situation.
    Make a kickstarter with an ultimate goal of 60k. Then stipulate that if the goal is reached anyone donating $100 will be entered for a chance to win one of 5 WOZs. Anyone donating $50 gets free car load into the drive-in for 2014 season?
    Basically, make it to 60k and you have your 30k plus the 30k to cover 5 WOZ standards.
    I would donate $100 to that kickstarter and I am guessing you could find 600 other pinheads interested to do the same???

Hi
    I wanted to use Kickstarter only after finding out we did not win but I have to use another service and I choose http://www.gofundme.com/4h1t6c as Honda is using these people for the National fund http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-drive-in-save-the-drive-in-fund. If you have a drive in close to you please check they may need help also and I would understand if you choose to help them instead.

We've been asked why we didn't make a Kickstarter account on our facebook page and here is the reason. We are not able to because Kickstarter cannot be used to raise money for causes, whether it's the Red Cross or a scholarship, or for "fund my life" projects, like tuition or bills. Kickstarter cannot be used to fund e-commerce, business, and social networking websites or apps.

#8 10 years ago

money sent as a gift so there are no paypal fees - good luck as I hope it works out - I will take whatever # you have - thanks ed

#9 10 years ago

I'm a sucker for a cause and a contest.
    Money sent.

#10 10 years ago

Makes at least 4 of us so far. 96 to go.

#11 10 years ago

I posted this in the other vote thread but here is the video explaining why we need the money.

It really is a great way to spend time with the ones you love the most. Sometimes a life is even created! You tube link below

#t=27

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

money sent as a gift so there are no paypal fees - good luck as I hope it works out - I will take whatever # you have - thanks ed

Thank you! Your ticket number is 2 in the drawing.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Thank you! Your ticket is number 1 for the drawing.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

I'm a sucker for a cause and a contest.
    Money sent.

Thank you! Your ticket number is 3 for the drawing.

#15 10 years ago

A request for the number 31 has been sold, thank you!

#16 10 years ago

I too am a sucker for a good cause and a really fun contest. Sent you money for two tickets as a gift so you don't have to pay the fees. Good luck to you Buddy. I really hope this works out for you bro.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I too am a sucker for a good cause and a really fun contest. Sent you money for two tickets as a gift so you don't have to pay the fees. Good luck to you Buddy. I really hope this works out for you bro.

Thanks again for all your help. Your numbers by request are 77 and 96. 96 was a good year me. I got married in that year.

#18 10 years ago

Great response so far, a big thank you! I hope we can make our own happy video like this one at PinExpo. See the link please.

#19 10 years ago

I may have to help out for this! I wish I could have seen a few movies in a drive-in theater. There was one in the town my mother grew up in that was just torn down

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from AdamTheGamer:

I may have to help out for this! I wish I could have seen a few movies in a drive-in theater. There was one in the town my mother grew up in that was just torn down

Please do they really are a great part of Americana and everyone should experience it atleast once and get it checked off there bucket list.

#21 10 years ago

Money sent #23 please

Paypal came from Heli Haven

It is me

#22 10 years ago

Good luck with your endeavor Buddy! You nailed your calls on the next three titles by Stern in a post last october. While ST and Avengers were well speculated, most people didn't see metallica. Im pretty sure I read if from you before anyone else.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Good luck with your endeavor Buddy! You nailed your calls on the next three titles by Stern in a post last october. While ST and Avengers were well speculated, most people didn't see metallica. Im pretty sure I read if from you before anyone else.

I did, good memory. I didnt put a great title on it so you had to look a little. Most thought it Kiss or The Munsters. I nailed it because I saw it from my Firestone rep. It always a good idea to follow the money guys, they seem to know and it makes sense since they are probably loaning them money to make the equipment. I have delayed that meeting this year as I have no extra money for buying items but I am so anxious to want to see the sheet of upcoming products. Its been hinted a Walking Dead pin could be in our future but I also heard Hunger Games.
    Thanks for the donation, your ticket number is 6.

#24 10 years ago

Hi, Buddy. Please hold numbers 9 and 31 for me. I'll send the money a little later today. If you run short of buyers, I'll get a couple more.

Best wishes,
    Craig

#25 10 years ago

Thought I'd ask if it is open to international pinsiders, assuming of course that transport, shipping, customs and all other costs etc are at winners expense? Would still be a great prize even shipping to the southern hemisphere, also a great cause, would love to visit a drive in next time we are in the USA.

#26 10 years ago

Don't any of us sleep? It is 4:17AM here and a bunch of posting going on for the middle of the night!

I'll take whatever number you give me, Buddy. I'll probably buy two tickets for the ACDC, so count me in on that and let me know when you start that contest. Paypal being sent.

#27 10 years ago

Paypal sent keep us posted on how many tickets are left!! Thanks!! Good luck with your project!

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Don't any of us sleep? It is 4:17AM here and a bunch of posting going on for the middle of the night!

I can't fall asleep but I would buy a ticket too...

#28 10 years ago

All this talk of drive-ins made me just look up our more local drive-in down in Maryville. Their website said they are closed for the season due to lack of availability of movies on film. You know, I've thought for years about taking my kids down there and never did. Kind of sad, really to see this piece of Americana really struggling.

Buddy, I hope you can raise the cash to stay in business.

#29 10 years ago

Money sent for two tickets. It's 9:39 a.m. here in Britain.

#30 10 years ago

Money sent. This made me think about how much I would miss the Drive-In in my town if it closed up shop. Great cause.

#31 10 years ago

Money sent, request number 8 or if taken number 88. Thanks..

Troy

#32 10 years ago

2:30am in Oregon
    I'm in for one ticket!
    PM sent too

#33 10 years ago

Paypal will shut him down once he recieves to many gifts! Expect it to happen

#34 10 years ago

Donations for the drawings can also be sent here, should anyone not want to use PayPal.

http://www.gofundme.com/4h1t6c

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Money sent #23 please

Thank You! Number 23 is your ticket number and thanks again.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Money sent for two tickets. It's 9:39 a.m. here in Britain.

Number 9 and 31 are your tickets, thanks again! Buddy

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from yort:

Money sent, request number 8 or if taken number 88. Thanks..
    Troy

Thanks for your donation. Your ticket number is 8.

#38 10 years ago

Doug, is this open to pinsiders outside the US?

#39 10 years ago

Money sent 88 pls

#40 10 years ago

The cash has been sent!
    Good luck to all that have entered :-/

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Doug, is this open to pinsiders outside the US?

If you can have it picked up at Pinexpo in Chicago.

#42 10 years ago

PayPal sent #74 please

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

All this talk of drive-ins made me just look up our more local drive-in down in Maryville. Their website said they are closed for the season due to lack of availability of movies on film. You know, I've thought for years about taking my kids down there and never did. Kind of sad, really to see this piece of Americana really struggling.
    Buddy, I hope you can raise the cash to stay in business.

You need to come this weekend.

Showing Fri and Sat is the new movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Grown Ups 2 starting at 8pm since it is getting darker earlier. Bring your camera I am almost certain it would be your only chance to ever see a movie on film again especially with your kids. I will not charge you or any Pinsider just show me your pinside handle. I work the ticket box.

#44 10 years ago

Paypal sent. #12 if not taken. If taken then dealers choice.

#45 10 years ago

Hi Buddy,

Money sent for #4!

Regards,
    Steve

#46 10 years ago

19 please

#47 10 years ago

Pmt sent.

#49 10 years ago

Money sent... #70 please.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Thank you! You are ticket number 1

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/win-a-new-woz-standard-pinball-now-a-real-limit-of-100-tickets-at-125-each and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.