20190712_190945.jpg
20190712_190722.jpg
20190702_121308 (resized).jpg
20190702_121341 (resized).jpg
20190702_104429 (resized).jpg
957120E3-0B57-4173-A018-6B6ED1BD0B89.jpeg
twip (resized).png
65101862_2641540182543116_3192087803978579968_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

Really glad to see that sucker rev up and pull out! Congrats to Jack and everyone at JJP, what a delicious day indeed!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I guess I need a better distributor.
LTG : (

LTG sadface...............

1 week later
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Kidforce Collectibles in Cleveland Ohio has Wonka.

I'd think Stonehedge would as well, which is in Akron. They always get new games, though these locations are maybe an hour away from one another.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think Marvin might have passed on it haven't seen him talk about getting one I'll ask him next time I see him.

Oh man, that's surprising! I hope he gets one. He's got a lot of Sterns on the main platform. I usually end up playing Pirates and TOTAN.

WoZ has been away for awhile there....

1 week later
#122 4 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

I will have a LE Wonka at Stonehedge soon

Any idea on eta?

I was hoping you'd get the game. You have such a fantastic selection there!

#126 4 years ago

Approaching one month out from release, this game still feels like it has less creativity, worse sound design, and a more bland art package than Dialed In.

I'd love to have the "bad" issue of feeling temptation of a game, but this is the first JJP game where that doesn't exist for me. I'd much sooner buy Dialed In, where the shots feel a bit more rewarding and fluid, the game design/code more layered and playful, an entirely built and rendered backglass world to be immersed in, and sound design that complements more so than suffocates.

Damn it, I wish I loved this game....

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Approaching one month out from release, this game still feels like it has less creativity, worse sound design, and a more bland art package than Dialed In.
I'd love to have the "bad" issue of feeling temptation of a game, but this is the first JJP game where that doesn't exist for me. I'd much sooner buy Dialed In, where the shots feel a bit more rewarding and fluid, the game design/code more layered and playful, an entirely built and rendered backglass world to be immersed in, and sound design that complements more so than suffocates.
Damn it, I wish I loved this game....

(Sorry for having a differing opinion, to my two downvoters. I don't feel wanting to buy a game, yet feeling disappointed to the point of having difficulty with that, should be viewed as negative.)

I remember people stating before release how this felt a bit like Dialed In 2.0. For me, it feels more like .75. There's far less to engage in the game, and that makes me sad.

I drove with my friend 16 hours for the unveil, made sure to be at Helicon day one for one of the first on site locations. So given those efforts and excitement, I don't feel good feeling let down, while obviously making extreme efforts to feel otherwise.

I'm happy if people feel this is fleshed out vision of this game. That's awesome! And I surely won't downvote folks that are enthused and excited. For me, this feels the most elementary of any JJP effort so far, and it feels like it has half the engagement playwise than Lawlor's prior game.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

The game might just not be for you. There isn't anything wrong with that. Save your money for the one that grabs you like it has those who own and are loving theirs.

Yeah....I just wish it had more vision applied to it's execution, rather than minimizing mech usage and modes feeling scattered and sounds frenetic.

I'd like to buy the first three JJP games, I'm just having some issues with quality control and customer service, so I'm not quite feeling at this point, moving forward pushing more money in that direction.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

I own a hobbit LE and every time I need help from JJP they respond within 24hrs. Customer service has been terrific but that’s just my experience

For minor issues, yes. But I've had some significant playfield damage, due to simply removing a part from the playfield, and at this point nothing has been resolved for a month.

So yeah, that's been my experience. Small issues, on the ball. Significant ones, well....

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

I can see that then. I’d be really pissed and getting a new play field would be a ton of labor to put on.

I appreciate that.

Getting a JJP game was a dream for me a year ago, seriously. Never thought I would.

A year later, it's been unresolved issues, sitting on my hands, and being more fearful to play my game than anything.

This is an ongoing issue for me, has been in some manner since day one, a few months ago.

I've been patient. My patience is very, very thin.

Thanks again for your viewpoints, personal experience, as well as empathy.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sorry for hijacking. I have a ranch, building a gameroom. Going to get two or three pins. Family with three kids 12,10,6. Wife is sceptical.
Which title gets them onboard playing and loving pinball?

Wonka standard seems great btw. My first love looking at new pins, were the hobbit, bit it has recieved alot of flack, as i understand it? Boring etc?
Oz looks wonderful, but difficult and not optimal themewise for young kids(they never seen the movie)
Pirates seems great fun, but also trouble and issues?
Sure i could get an old pin first, but at the same time i want the best possible opportunity to engage them with a great pin.

First question, have you played any of them?

Are you personally attached or attracted to any of the themes?

Does price matter?

Hobbit might be the most forgiving. Pirates has incredible multiplayer aspects. Wizard of Oz has phenomenal playfield visuals and backglass engagement. Wonka maybe hasn't quite polished it's code entirely yet.

Play all of them, extensively, and have your reactions, and ideally your wife and family's, be the most telling of what you'd like to buy!

(Dialed In is a pretty amazing experience too!)

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Has anyone else seen a lot of straight down the middle drains from the pop bumper area? I put like 6 games on it and had at least 4 or 5 balls do that, a few that didn't even hit the pops.

Same here.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Frankfurt Pinball is streaming a Wonka LE. How do other countries get these before we do? I hate that.

So they can be released around the same time globally. Travelling by ship to Europe or Aus is done in advance to align with domestic release. Good idea in my mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-se-s-started-shipping-today-6-24?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.