92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#845 5 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I want to start off by saying I think the game looks really fun. But as someone who doesn’t care as much about multipliers and bonuses as I do about playing the narrative of a pinball machine, I have one question. How many modes are in this game that actually bring you into the narrative of the movie? I’m curious because out of the 12 factory modes, only 4 are story driven, correct? Is there another subset of story modes or something?

chet218 nails it for me - the ultimate Wonka pinball experience has to be more than collecting points. I want to feel like I'm exploring the chocolate factory and living the experience for myself, totally immersed in the narrative. At the moment it all feels like you're on the outside looking in, but I know it's early days and code can help with this...

Another relevant phrase (which I know is despised by some) is that they had to create Roald Dahl's world under the glass, and they haven't done that. I don't know if it's strictly a missing toy(s), playfield art or what, it's good but not totally there. Compare this with WOZ with the yellow brick road, forest, castle, flying monkey, Dorothy's spinning house complete with wicked witch's of the East's shoes!

Last point, what made this film so good was Gene Wilder's performance. It had a unpredictable quality and dark edge all the way through which was only dispelled in the final scene - a genius performance... Think about when he first limped out the factory to that silent crowd, then he rolled over and jumped up (the kids reaction in that scene was genuine, they didn't know what he was going to do). As well as Gene, the factory and oompa lumpa's had their own personality and a streak of malice. And on top of that the looming presence of Slugworth... JJP need to somehow capture all of this character in the game, otherwise it's totally missing what made the film a classic. It would be like WOZ missing all the evil elements, there has to be a balance otherwise it's becomes too nicey nicey/cheesy.

#1013 5 years ago

Maybe JJP are using reverse psychology and will actually add a new mech on the production game - our minds would be blown!!

Can't wait to tune into Kaneda's next podcast to hear him justify his overreaction, idiot...

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

then his plan is working perfectly. i, on the other hand, can’t wait to continue my trend of not listening to him speak at all.

It's called sarcasm.

#1237 5 years ago

I guess we're all nerds at heart as I'm loving logogate!! Fascinating stuff Aurich... I also now can't unsee it.

(runs off to find other Wonka logos around the house)

Quoted from Aurich:

Look, design stuff can be, pardon the term, wonky. There’s stuff that’s a matter of personal taste. I could rant about the font choices on Ghostbusters, but no one would care. They’re not “broken” I just think they didn’t do it right. Wah wah wah, no one caaaaarrrrrres.
But this isn’t a taste thing, it’s basic mechanical stuff. Someone did a half assed job with a license worth who knows what. Millions probably if you factor it all in. And it doesn’t take anything special to see it once you know how to look.
Caring about this stuff is my job. And most companies care a lot too. I went back and forth with Microsoft the other week about if the text next to their logo should say “presented by” or “brought to you by”, and then when I thought it was settled they didn’t like the spacing of it, had to be the width of the squares away from the logo. 7 or 8 emails over minor stuff, but that’s business as usual.
I don’t know if the brat/kid multiball story is true. I believe it. Seems to me they were paying attention to the wrong stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=thewool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.