92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheriffbarclay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago

It's pretty mind-boggling there have been zero leaks.

#735 5 years ago

From the features list on JJP website: what does this mean?!

• LED Wonka™ factory sign
(5,000) (Only 500 will be made!)

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Willy-Wonka/Willy-Wonka-Collectors-Edition.html

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’d still like to know what Kaneda’s compensation was.

Unfair to speculate, but I will anyway. Free trip to JJP factory for him and his wife, and probably a discount on the CE.

Also, I'm probably in on an LE or CE.

#792 5 years ago

I paused the STDM video near the end and found a typo on the Golden Ticket. First day "og" October. I don't know if this is just on the LCD, or if the typo carries over to the decals on the side of the backbox (let's hope not).

I've passed this info along to JJP, but if they're reading this thread and need a proofreader, I'm available

d0Vo8ch[1] (resized).jpgd0Vo8ch[1] (resized).jpg
#807 5 years ago

Pinside, you disappoint me. You nitpick over the border color of inserts, and nobody is concerned over an English typo on a 7-12k machine? I thought the rage would be overflowing by now.

#811 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it actually misspelled on the machines themselves? If so I’m sure it will be fixed in production.

Don't know, I need a high res of the side of the backbox to find out. Somebody at mgc, go take one.

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it actually misspelled on the machines themselves? If so I’m sure it will be fixed in production.

Per @eemichael83, it is misspelled on the backbox as well. 2:25 in this video.

It's dumb but has to be fixed before I'd spend a dime on it.

#818 5 years ago

So, by my rough calculations, (500 CE + 5000 LE + 2500 SE) * $400 for decals, I just saved JJP roughly $3.2m. I'll take a 1% finders fee or 3 CEs.

#848 5 years ago

I'm still buying one, but, another day, another spelling mistake, this time on the playfield. It's Gobstopper, not Gobbstopper.

So for those counting, so far, we've got spelling mistakes on the backboard decals, and now the playfield.

Again I ask, where is the proofreading?

IMG_0837[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0837[1] (resized).jpg
#852 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Isn't it "now"? These are prototype games. This is when these things get caught.

I get that, and I'm new to this hobby. It's more of an overall concern to me - if they're not catching this stuff now, could spell trouble on production (coupled with the well-documented QC issues in the POTC threads).

On a smaller note, seems like some portion of the 5 prototype cabinets/playfields/etc. could be reused in production games, but not if they've got errors.

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You saw the post from Keefer where the art came from Warner Brothers with stuff misspelled right? And that it’s fixed in production?
Pretty sure you’re the only one “counting” so far :p These are prototype machines. This happens on prototypes. You’re getting way bent out of shape over prototypes.

Yes, if I'm paying between $7,500 - $12,500 for something, I expect it to be flawless in spelling and grammar. That's just me, though.

#871 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If a pinball manufacturer can't afford spell check (free since "clippy" in Microsoft word) how can we expect them to deliver games to the right locations? Do the JJP delivery teams have GPS? Do they have EZpass? I can't put a deposit down without these questions answered.

Personal attacks on point today. This was exactly my point, but honda and Levi said I'm an idiot newb. I guess you agree.

#872 5 years ago

This will be my last post on the topic; there is a correlation between sloppy editing/proofreading and later problems in production. "You play like you practice."

Sorry y'all don't like errors being pointed out on games. Let's all just accept whatever we get.

#938 5 years ago

Last post on the topic of spelling and grammar, not this thread.

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Correct on the most secret machine.
As for more surprises, getting some of the actors to sign the CEs is in the works. Not set in stone yet though.

Where is this info from? Podcast interview?

#1016 5 years ago

I'm eager to see the CE playfield art, I hope we hear something this week on when that may be revealed.

#1045 5 years ago

Let's move on from powder coat costseg analysis and start exhaustively nitpicking/beat to death something else about the game. We've had a little talk about the 7 magnets, but not a lot.

Has anyone seen/heard much about the other 6 magnets? The working theory is that they are around the small candy/LED inserts and 'subtly influence' the ball path. I've skipped around the Buffalo gameplay stream and can't really see any evidence of this. As somebody mentioned, good chance it hasn't been coded yet.

Let's move on to magnetgate.

#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Why does it sound like im walking through Vegas and hearing the slots? Not good.
Did not hear the callouts I would expect from a Wonka pinball machine.
It should sound like Willy Wonka in every aspect of the game. This is the letdown for me.

According to the 'making of' podcast, the sound engineer, Vikas Deo, has never done a pinball game before and his background is in slots. He and Joe readily admitted that Joe had to explain all aspects of pinball audio to Vikas and 'hold his hand' through each area.

#1172 5 years ago

I agree with Aurich, you don't need to cross-post in every Wonka thread.

#1292 5 years ago

There's just nothing in this machine.

I mean, where is the levitating pinball on an antigrav magnet, that when you pass under the captive levitating ball 3 times, is atomized into tiny particles and sent to the Wonkavision area to be reassembled into a pinball? Just true greed by jjp to not include a hadron collidor under the playfield.

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My understanding is that they can only really use the last 45 minutes of the film, due to license restrictions.

I only watched half the jjp stream, but this seems completely opposite of everything they indicated.

"If you can think of a memorable line in the film, there's a 99% chance it's in the game."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sheriffbarclay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=sheriffbarclay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.