92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Willy Wonka is going to be revealed on Friday USA time . Buffalo pinball has said to be streaming it , can you get a link before they start streaming or do you have to wait until they are streaming . What do you search on Twitch to find it , does anyone know the time it's going to happen . Thanks for any info . This is One reveal I don't want to miss !!!

#4 5 years ago

I knew I could count on you , thanks guys , pinside is the best !

#5 5 years ago

I heard around 7:30 p.m. does that sound right

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

[quoted image]
10 am Saturday where you are.

I'll have to wake up early for a Saturday but I think it'll be worth it . Can't wait !

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Thanks for making this thread guys...I'll be tuning in on Friday anxiously and now I don't feel as disappointed that I can't be there myself.

If we can't be there it's the next best thing

#15 5 years ago

14 hours to go

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Any spy photos yet?

IMG_20190412_223405 (resized).jpgIMG_20190412_223405 (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

11 hours

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That would be 2AM...
I guess I miss out.

I've got to get up by 10 a.m. we're all pushing it here in other time zones

#29 5 years ago

10 hours

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Do you have no children or how are you allowed to sleep that long?

No I have no kids I get up at 5:30 everyday for work and I stay up too late on pinside so Saturday is my sleep in day

#64 5 years ago

10 minutes

#68 5 years ago
IMG_20190412_212912 (resized).jpgIMG_20190412_212912 (resized).jpg
#96 5 years ago

Finally go time

#122 5 years ago

A setup tool a spanner ?

#125 5 years ago

So that's what Pat looks like

#153 5 years ago

Would have liked to see them show the whole machine cabinet playfield before they started playing

#168 5 years ago

Is it just me with the skull picture

#176 5 years ago

Refreshed all good

#286 5 years ago

Can't see , does it have drop targets

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So I’ve watched an hour of the stream, and here’s the issue:
It’s Willy Wonka, but it SOUNDS like I’m playing Wizard Of Oz. Where’s the music?
W. T. F.

That's what I was thinking

#413 5 years ago

The modes don't really stand out
The Hobbit beats on that score so far

#484 5 years ago

Seems like no action button is that a good or bad thing

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I generally don't like these (I'd rather the button be on the side where the flipper buttons are,) so I'm quite fine without that on this one.

That's the challenge of having the button in the middle . The Hobbit often teases me with free points but it's a big risk to go for them especially during multiball I've lost many a ball being greedy

#614 5 years ago

My first impressions of watching the stream all day is that it looks really fun machine with lots of cool challenging shots . The rules and modes don't seem as complicated as some jjp pins which would be good for newer players but still deep enough for experienced players . Taking your picture for Wonka vision was a nice touch . I would have liked to see and hear more from the film clips they seem to play in the background and not have much effect in the overall experience , I would like to hear the characters speaking more and also more clips like Charlie finding the winning ticket Charlie in the classroom and the candy shop ect . I suppose these might be in The Wizard modes but they are hard to get to and I wouldn't want the other one's to get repetitive in general game play . I guess we were spoilt with the movie integration with The Hobbit and now I expect every pin to live up to that level . Would have also liked to have seen the Oompa Loompas more and heard their song . These are just programming things and could possibly change with code updates the Playfield design looks excellent .
Overall great job and any day and new pinball is revealed is a good day .

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Here a pic of one of the locations I frequent often. You can absolutely see the side art on games and it is something the general public sees. Why wouldn't you want your game to look as appealing as possible, especially since it doesn't cost them any extra money? It's just dumb! With how competitive the pinball market is why handicap your games with bland art.[quoted image]

No harm in making them look as good as you can especially when it's a design thing and not a money thing

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes.
The presentation was horrible on the live stream.

I didn't think the Stream was horrible I really enjoyed it and would like to give a big thank you to Kevin and buffalo pinball for giving their time for free to give us something to watch

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was horrible the stream was blacking out and pausing. Maybe that's not Kevin's fault but it was blacking out. Plus the initial 20 minutes was a snooze and the big teaser video was too short. Should have been more to it. Then watching a mob of people try to keep the ball in play. I'd rather see a clean stream of the game even a produced gameplay with some close up shots of the ramps and whanot. I'm sure we will see that later but the initial impression for me was not that great. There is so much on Wonka that from the presentation I was only seeing the bottom 20% like the Wonka MB and the Wonka bars.

Mate , straight down the middle had the close ups of all the shots and the interview with Pat lawlor well produced. Buffalo did the live reveal you have to have an intro and cos it's live yes it can pause and blackout and what blaming people for draining the ball that's real life , come on . Ridiculous

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just my 2 cents.. The original buckskin (yellowish) color around Willy Wonka to me looks too much like car undercoat paint... No pop to it..
I just did a quick mock up of blue around him.
I think it suites it better?[quoted image]

I was looking at that and thought the yellowish looked a bit meh I don't mind the blue you did also I thought there's a bit of empty space around him and could look good with the factory in the background .

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Also, couldn’t they have used sound clips of atleast Gene wilder saying “Jackpot” multiple times instead of the voice actor

I'm sure they would have liked to but unfortunately he has passed away

#725 5 years ago

When I first started this thread I just wanted to know where to see it and what time it started . I would have never guessed it would have taken up a life of its own . I did a bit of checking and since the reveal this thread has had 650 + posts the next closest has had 188 + . Making it the number one Wonka reveal thread . Was all set to look at another thread to get all the information on the reveal but as I started this one I felt obliged to check on it and I was blown away the posts came in 10-15 -20 at a time and it was impossible to keep up with . It has nothing to do with me but all you guys posting . There have been some great posts and some poor posts but that's what makes pinside great , general back and forth discussion , it would be boring if everyone had the same opinion . So I would like to thank everybody who has posted and made this such an entertaining thread to read .

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/624d2008-3060-40d4-9e4e-dfef2af1a31e
Willy Wonka : I had to test you, Charlie! And you passed the test! You've won!
Grandpa Joe : Won what?
Willy Wonka : The Jackpot, My dear sir! The grand and glorious jackpot!

Fairpoint didn't realise that , if only he had said multiball as well

#843 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No thanks needed. I’m so glad we could all donate our time to help support your cause big guy.

Wow it took you a whole day to come up with that

#1121 5 years ago

I think this is the first time it feels like most people would be happy to go with the SE version of a jjp game . If I had unlimited money I would go for the CE but if I was to get one I'd be happy to get the SE. Personally I prefer the stainless steel look over the black powder coat . There is now a poll going so vote on which version you would like to get .

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Is there a pinball podcast out there that doesn’t give their opinion or review on games? If so, what exactly do you talk about then?

I feel that an opinion is different to a review . SDTM will do a review by category and end up with a higher score on a pin that they're not really into , over one they like more to play , for example Star Wars which finished near the bottom of their ratings but they both love to play it .

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I tend to like games that many do not.

I agree , my favourite pin is The Hobbit . I love the theme the shots the modes the music the layout the video clips for me it's the perfect pin , lots of people don't like it and that's fine , it just annoys me when people say it slow and floaty they obviously don't have the machine setup correctly . I'm not a fan of The Addams Family and Tron which lots of people love , it would be boring if everyone had the same opinion .

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When you review something aren’t you giving your opinion on it?

Yes you are , but like the example I gave if you give a " review " category by category you can end up with a higher score on a pin compared the one you prefer to play , which has the lower score including animations , artwork , call outs and whatever than the one that scored higher .

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

- Every memorable scene you remember from the movie will be represented

Does that mean they will show scenes from early in the movie , the world going mad for Wonka Bars , the kids finding the golden tickets , Charlie in school etc . From what I've seen it looks like the game starts from when they're in the factory doing the tour .

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

DETECTIVE: They want your case of Wonka Bars. Mrs. Curtis, did you hear me? It's your husband's life or your case of Wonka Bars.
MRS. CURTIS: How long will they give me to think it over?

Yeah that was funny , all those early bits are my favourite parts of the movie . It would be nice if those scenes could make it into the game .

#1369 5 years ago

Now that was totally random , but I liked it . Reminded of Tod Tucky at TNT.

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My understanding is that they can only really use the last 45 minutes of the film, due to license restrictions.

That would explain a lot . Pitty , I was hoping to see the whole movie Incorporated into the game

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don’t believe everything you see on the internet. :p

The "internet " told me there weren't going to be any video clips of the actors in potc , I asked my distributor and he said don't believe everything you read on the internet , who was right ? I'm not saying this is the end of wonka , licensing affects everything they couldn't even use the dog and the monkey in Pirates because of their agents .

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks mate,
If meant for this clip,
It is a tribute to Pat
I dig Pats Excellence !
PL and TZ is amazing !!!!
Pat Lawlor is "THE MASTER"

Ah.... That makes sense. Good job .

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Who was that? I love industry gossip!!

Apparently it's late breaking news

2 months later
#1430 4 years ago

R.i.p. violet

IMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpgIMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.