• SE 46 votes
    32%
  • LE 70 votes
    48%
  • CE 30 votes
    21%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Apbg (resized).jpg
file (resized).jpg
IMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpg
D94A4758-E26B-4A80-84D3-9616808E0546 (resized).png
JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png
wonka (resized).jpg
9a97aaf1-e78d-496f-8d77-5b0c9153ceec (resized).jpeg
Willy2 (resized).jpg
20190419_231634 (resized).jpg
letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (1 year ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

where are the Charlie clips or his audio? We need more varied actor audio clips JJP. Def didn't hit the hype but it still looks good.

Dude, you own a JJPOTC, is this really your main concern?

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When I first started this thread I just wanted to know where to see it and what time it started . I would have never guessed it would have taken up a life of its own . I did a bit of checking and since the reveal this thread has had 650 + posts the next closest has had 188 + . Making it the number one Wonka reveal thread . Was all set to look at another thread to get all the information on the reveal but as I started this one I felt obliged to check on it and I was blown away the posts came in 10-15 -20 at a time and it was impossible to keep up with . It has nothing to do with me but all you guys posting . There have been some great posts and some poor posts but that's what makes pinside great , general back and forth discussion , it would be boring if everyone had the same opinion . So I would like to thank everybody who has posted and made this such an entertaining thread to read .

No thanks needed. I’m so glad we could all donate our time to help support your cause big guy.

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I really think the idea of lowering the standard by $1000 is to destroy companies like American. If they don't counter and lower the prices of Houdini and Oktoberfest, they are in serious trouble.
Oktoberfest - $7400
Standard Wonka - $7500
That's just not fair.

I agree. The excuse for the crappy animations on Oktoberfest has been the price. How can we possibly expect to have everything for $7400?.....well it appears that for $100 more you can infact have everything.

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It has nothing to do with price. AP hasn't made it a priority, and they're paying for it. It's really that simple.

True. I guess what I meant to say was the excuse from the community has been the price. AP will certainly feel the sting from this.

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I were to remove the expectation of this game really innovating and having something we've never seen before (thanks kaneda) - I would be very happy. Now that I've seen it that expectation not being met definitely stung a little which is why I'm not overly impressed.
I wonder how many folks had a similar reaction.

I have to agree. The game looks fantastic and I do feel as though we're getting a mix of WOZ and DI in this game which is awesome. The hype was way over the top unfortunately. Hype vs. reality was the biggest let down. I feel as though this game is just part of the natural progression of the company and what we've come to expect from JJP. I don't see anything mind-blowing or game-changing, which is fine. If you put DI and Wonka next to eachother, I don't see this huge leap in innovation from one to another. To me it's DI with a better theme. I'd gladly take one of each.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Flynn - not having a dig at anyone when I said that... does you podcast ever review games?

Is there a pinball podcast out there that doesn’t give their opinion or review on games? If so, what exactly do you talk about then?

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I feel that an opinion is different to a review .

When you review something aren’t you giving your opinion on it?

#1234 1 year ago

To those that think the pinball landscape has changed now with the Wonka reveal - how so? Serious question. I was fully expecting something that was finally going to push Stern to up their game so to speak. The pinball landscape is just as it was a week ago as far as I can see but maybe I can be convinced otherwise. If anything, the $1000 price reduction on the SE will probably have a bigger impact than any feature on the playfield. It’s another solid JJP game but I was honestly much more wowed with the DI and POTC reveals than I was with this. What am I missing?

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Too bad they don't look into a Licence before they decide to go forward to find out what is allowed.

Are you suggesting that they signed the agreement blindly without asking any questions or having any info beforehand? Seriously.

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Aurich, with respect can you just please stop? You are putting words in my mouth (I said that I had "respect" for Pat's opinion because he knows more about pinball than I do...I never said that I was in full agreement with what he said). You are telling me that it's OK that I made a mistake about the title of my podcast (you have never listened to my show and I've explained my thoughts there and in this thread a few different times. I didn't not ask for your forgiveness as an apology was never offered to you). I respecet that you can have your opinions but stop micromanaging me and what you think I've said. Stick to what you know and not what you think I said.
If you want to talk about the approach on recreating a logo on a pinball machine that's great as I know that you have an artistic background and you can speak from experience. But to go on and on trying to correct me isn't doing anyone any favors. If you have anything else you'd like clarification on I welcome you to PM me versus me having to read the unwarranted corrections you keep offering me here. I'm better off without your direction, thank you.

I enjoy your podcast but your last one was tough to listen to. You went completely off the rails to the point where I had to stop and come back to it after the buzzing in my head went away. If you're going to be broadcasting your opinion for public consumption, you're going to have to grow some thicker skin at some point. Your first bit of controversy and it's driving you absolutely bananas. If you're happy with your 'change the landscape' episode then that's all that matters. If you're losing sleep over people's comments about it then perhaps you need to re-evaluate things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,500.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.00
$ 12,500.00
$ 12,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside