92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 5 years ago

Maybe theres a big custom Oompa Loompa dance number before the stream begins.

#216 5 years ago

Game looks pretty cool but right now I'm very glad I bought a Pirates LE. Need to see much more and ultimately play.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

There was a GD HOUSE WITH WITCH UNDER IT in WoZ - and it SPINS!!

Spins and a part of opens plus it's just 1 of handful of interactive toys.

#470 5 years ago

Based on the This Week In Pinball posting about the game there isn't a mode for the chocolate river scene which seems insane to leave out. Did JJP think that scene was too scary? To leave that out and include a mode called "Kid Multiball" is odd.

#539 5 years ago

After watching more video and looking at the feature matrix the $7500 SE makes any Stern premium model look like a rip off. The amount of not only features but build quality and code work over a Stern premium is astounding. Hell, the standard edition makes pretty much all Stern LE's look sparse feature wise.

Even if you don't like Willy Wonka something needs to be said about how Stern has been charging $7500 for premiums and $9k for their LE's. It's obvious now they have a huge profit margin with their premium / LE's. This isn't about about the games being fun of not but rather the value offered by them for what we are getting in terms of features, build quality, and code quality.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I won’t argue with you.
Having nothing to do with Stern, the hype for this machine promised the moon and I believe quite a few folks feel underwhelmed due to that.

I agree, I was just talking about SE pricing. Overall I feel Wonka is offering less features overall compared to past JJP titles. Still looks like a lot of fun.

#564 5 years ago

Rules flowchart here. Looks like 4 main modes (the factory tour modes), 4 mulitball modes, 2 other minor modes (Wonka Wash Frenzy and Wonkatania) and a wizard mode (Pure Imagination).

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_April19.pdf

#798 5 years ago

I feel so indifferent about Willy Wonka right now. I don't know if I like it or dislike it. I'm not impressed with the theme integration right now. 4 main modes and all of them have movie clips playing where you don't hear any of the actors talking in those scenes? I don't get it. A giant picture of Slugworth for Slugworth Multiball and then nothing that corresponds to scenes from the movie. Same for "Kid Multiball".

I'm also not really a fan of the ruleset design currently. Based on the rule flowchart Willy Wonka isn't anywhere near as deep as any of the previous JJP pins. Overall I just need to see how the code develops for this game and play it before deciding whether or not to buy it.

As of now I'm more impressed with all of JJP's previous titles over Willy Wonka. I'm sure that may change once I actually get to play it and the code is completed.

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Look I’m a little disappointed too but worse than hobbit? Cmon now

Hobbit code right now is light years ahead of Willy Wonka and I prefer its ruleset design. I know Willy Wonka code is only 40% complete so will have to see how it develops. I'm sure a lot will change with its code in the coming months.

If anything I'm very impressed with how well the standard edition looks and how much it offers for $7500 over a Stern premium.

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code is more than 40% confirmed to be done except polish and wizards
Too bad hobbits shot layout is so bad and without that code doesn’t matter...

Guess I completely disagree and think Hobbit layout is very unique as its constantly changing based on behavior of the drop targets and beast pop ups.

A great layout doesn't matter if the code isn't there. Right now Hobbit code is extremely deep and polished. I know Willy Wonka code is very early and it will improve a ton. I'm just not going to buy the game right now until I see how the code is developed.

#1215 5 years ago

Does anyone else notice how a majority of the movie clips played in Wonka don't have the actor audio from the scene being played as well? It just seems odd to see all of the scenes from the movie on loop during a mode and yet you never hear the actor audio from them. Is it because just about everything in the game can be stacked? Without the actor audio being played in sync with the clips it takes away from the theme and the game suddenly has a generic vibe.

At factory mode starts a short clip from the scene with actor audio should be played, as shots are made you should see and hear the actor audio as the scene progresses. Instead we just see clips played on a loop without the actor audio which I don't think adds anything to the game. Even the Slugworth multiball mode doesn't feature scenes with audio and instead it's a giant Slugworth head just staring at you. Why not have the various scenes with actor audio involving Slugworth be played as jackpots during the mode are collected leading to a super jackpot shot that plays the final Slugworth scene where Willy Wonka reveals he's not actually bad after all.

Here's another example. In the "Wonkatana" mode at mode start you see the boat going into the tunnel and Gene Wilder saying something but you don't hear anything. Immediately the game cuts back to the main screen and you hear Gene Wilder start his crazy singing from later in that scene. This mode can be stacked with other modes and as a result I think it takes you out of it versus the mode standing on its own and be a separate event in the game.

Stacking almost every mode in a game can be great if there's a ton of content to work with. Willy Wonka however is a 100 minute movie, not 10+ hours like all the LOTR, Hobbit, and Pirates movies. The scenes from Willy Wonka are what make the movie fun and it's a bummer not to hear the actor audio being played when they are shown. That's theme integration and I feel it's partially missing from this game. Same goes for locking balls, you see Willy Wonka say something but don't hear the actor audio.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP pulls the monkey raises the price from $6,500 to $11,500 sells games directly so that JJP margins are the highest yet Stern overcharges

Are you just making stuff up now? JJP didn't make a profit on WOZ at $6500. Why are you even bringing WOZ up? Oh, because Wonka SE makes every Stern premium and LE look like an overpriced product for what you are getting.

Hey speaking of WOZ JJP just released yet another code update for the game! They have continued to support that game with code releases for 5+ years and for the past 4 years they just keep polishing the code. Meanwhile myself and other Ghostbusters owners have to wait 27+ months just for code on that game to be completed...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.