92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#707 5 years ago

The game looks fun. I’ve watched an hour or so of the stream including the introduction. I’ve seen the STDM video and the TWIP overview.

I totally applaud the lowering of price on a standard, I think a used or the now popular “show demo” discounted model would be in the value range for me. As of late, $7K is about as far as I would go for a pinball machine and it would have to be awesome. I could get close to that if I skipped shipping and picked up one in the above manner.

The C E is really beautiful, but I could get a SE + a new Stern Pro for that much money.
The LE is nice also, but still too high for my tastes. To be fair, I’ve dropped out of the Stern LE market as well.
The SE seems to be a good value. I’ll give up the Wonkavator lock for $2k. I personally prefer the Stainless Bally Williams look, but I’m sure the new powder black has some advantage in cost or durability. That is something I can change at home. I agree that the SE trim and art don’t appeal to me, but not enough to stop a purchase. It’s just too much of a fun looking game for that to get in my way.

I’m really looking forward to see how this looks and plays in a few months. My target for purchase will be about 12 months after release.

Great job JJP!!!

#1183 5 years ago

Is this the first game that JJP has changed the playfield between versions?

#1199 5 years ago

Aurich, I have an art question.

I rarely consider doing a powder coat on a game, but Wonka SE is one where I would probably do it.
Being whatever the total opposite of artistic is, I use caveman tools like online color wheels when considering options.

What color would you suggest for powder coating on the SE? If you are willing to answer that one, would you mind sharing your why as well?
PM is fine if you want to avoid the whining.

My thought were either Red or Gold. Red and Yellow tones fall on the color site as options. I don't like yellow powder, but I could see a candy red to compliment the royal(ish) blue and purple in the cabinet. Gold because of the golden ticket. I don't like orange even though it's complimentary to blue. Orange powder on a pinball just isn't pleasing to my eye.

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think this is a pretty personal thing to be honest. Some people like their powder coating to stand out with a 'look at me' feel, others like being more subtle. If the SE shipped with stainless armor I'd just leave it honestly, I love the classic look. But I'm not wild about the black I see on the site, kinda Stern Pro eh, so I can see why you'd want to do it.
I personally like the more subtle approach, but also wouldn't want to do it without feeling like I was getting something worthwhile out of the money and effort. So I'd go with blue, similar to what JJP did with the LE, but pay whatever extra was needed to get some kind of two stage candy pearl look. Then I'd have my cake and eat it too, as far as "subtle but worth it" goes. If it ends up feeling similar to the LE that's fine, I'd only care about the game I had at home, not what anyone else's looked like.
My two cents!

Thanks. I totally agree about the stainless. I really like the stainless on the Dialed In SE and was hoping to see it on Wonka.

(edit) mmm.. I wonder if you can order the stainless trim from JJP since Wonka is going in the Dialed In Cabinet?
DISE-main-new-698x1024 (resized).pngDISE-main-new-698x1024 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.