• SE 46 votes
    32%
  • LE 70 votes
    48%
  • CE 30 votes
    21%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Apbg (resized).jpg
file (resized).jpg
IMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpg
D94A4758-E26B-4A80-84D3-9616808E0546 (resized).png
JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png
wonka (resized).jpg
9a97aaf1-e78d-496f-8d77-5b0c9153ceec (resized).jpeg
Willy2 (resized).jpg
20190419_231634 (resized).jpg
letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (1 year ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#500 1 year ago

Ok...WAY late to the reveal and the stream (Harrah's was taking my $$$), will catch up tomorrow...if it's been covered.....is that really another CAMERA facing the player? Purpose?

Please tell me I'm wrong, but it's also on the feature list.....

Game is gorgeous, but can't give much more that that from what I've seen...

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. It has multiple uses. Takes pictures of the player for Wonkavision and does the standard high score pic. Not sure what else.

And any mention on when these would be shipping? Guessing CE will be a bit, as pf not what will be on final release?

Sorry for belated questions....east coast guy calling it a night....like what I see, but don't love it...yet

#944 1 year ago

Hanging on to my CE spot for now...anxious to play any version of one soon (?)

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Think or know? How many powder jobs have you gotten done of late?
This is at least a 11 piece job... plus all the bolts. plus you would normally source new siderails verse fighting the stainless and have to be picky in the lockdown bar. It’s not no $100 job... people doing it in their garage aren’t even that cheap.

Powder itself is pretty cheap...getting it done correctly is definitely not....have to agree w this post.....JJP powder is pretty much the nicest I've seen, and high-end powder jobs, done by pros, is an artform (not garage work..took that route once...never again)...definitely not cheap. If you're spending this kind of $$ on this (or any other) title, powder job needs to be equally impressive...

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

They said on the stream there are magnets in those areas.

wondered about that...to those who were there and played it, does the magnet "pattern" become obvious, or just slings the ball around? curious on how that all works...could be pretty cool...

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, just got to that part at the end of the stream. Eric called them "Pipe Inserts" with a mini magnet in the center of each of the 6 clusters.

Sweet!!!

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Real nice job with the stream by the JJP guys. It was so much easier to hear the callouts vs the reveal last week. There's a lot more in there than what I could hear last week. They played 2 full games and talked through the gameplay as they played. Very good players so they hit most of what's in the pin and many more video clips vs what we got to see last week. Probably saw Wonkavator 3-4 times.
A few notes from the twitch stream from JJP chat answers and what was said during game play:
- Could not get full approval for 'Brat' so it was approved as 'Kid'
- Every memorable scene you remember from the movie will be represented
- There will be a ton of movie call outs - have faith
- When will we be able to see the actual CE play field? - soon
- The game will ship with complete rules, but choreo and polish and tweaking and balance can change
- How do the 6 playfield magnets get activated? - During multiballs and maybe other modes
- Build order - SE, LE then CE, then remaining SE then LE
- Candy Man song can not be used - Owned by M&M Mars and they wouldn't permit it
- We have the license to the music of the oompa songs - it will be there
- Are we going to get the Wilder "Jackpot!" callout in the game, instead of the voice actor? since he already said it in the movie and all? - do you really think a group of pinball programmers wouldn't use the one pinball line from the movie? i'm telling you all right now if you can think of a memorable line i'm guessing there is a 99% chance it wil be in the game
- The game is not finished from a choreo perspective
- What's the most dangerous shot ? - the right ramp standup is brutal. Avoid at all costs
- CE powder coating will be red and it will be clear coated (3 step process)
- Computer modes (there are 4 of them) all share the same time like TSPP
- For people who like to customize there game, I allow you to change the color of the score digits. I think i have 6 or 7 colors
- Are remaining tilt warnings displayed somewhere? they will be in the UI, we are working on that. it will probably be a sign that says something, not so much a count
- Does the wonkavator virtual ball lock on the standard edition work the same as the physical lock on other models. As in does it carry over to other games/players? It does not carry over from player to player. It's virtual... each player would have to complete it in 1 game.

Watched a good bit of that stream...game is really growing on me...Other than not seeing much magnet action, this could definitely be an add for me (CE)...Well done, JJP!!

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I liked the game after the reveal last week. Liking it even more after seeing the JJP guys play and talk through it as they played today. I really think this will be a good seller for Jack.
I didn't see much magnet either and the comment from them was that they are smaller than in DI. I'm pretty confident that they wouldn't have gone through the extra cost/code if they weren't going to be used much.

Agreed...based on what was released regarding size and layouts of the magnet concept, anticipating a pretty unique effect when coded in. Liked the game ALOT more after the stream today...

#1355 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow! What a mess this thread is. Special When Lit guys, Zach, and even Kaneda were right, there sure is a lot of nit-picking and silly immature statements being made about a game 90% of you haven't played. Need to check out the Black Knight forum and see if you guys are ripping that one apart. I grew up watching this film and got to see, hear, and play the game at MGC. It is beautiful, shoots like butter, sounds great, and represents the film well. Is it the second-coming of pinball? No. It's just a great game with all modern stuff thrown in. Will it change the pinball landscape? Yes. JJP now has a game at a price point to directly compete with Stern Premium, AP, and CGC. So now when a buyer looks at price, they will be comparing directly to JJP, not having to consider paying more for JJP. That point has potential to change things. You guys are arguing about the middle part of the letter "H"? Grow up.

Simply enjoyed the stream today, giving me more good insight to a game that I might buy after playing it. No one is "right"....good grief...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside