92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 5 years ago

Love that JJP finally put some value in the Standard edition! I predict they'll sell more standards than LE and CE combined. LE is the nicest looking model. I could see JJP struggling to sell 500 CE's. Just not enough value for the money.

Overall the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it!

#607 5 years ago

If I had one piece of advice to give to JJP it would be to change the side art on the standard model. This is the version of the game that will sell the most and which 90% of location buyers will buy. Why put out something that looks substandard and bland! Stern has the right idea in that they usually put the best cab artwork package on their Pro models because that becomes that's the model that the general public sees. It doesn't cost them any more money to print side decals that actually look appealing. Just print the LE decals with a different background color for the standard and make the game more appealing and sell more games!

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never seen a single person on location comment on how awesome the cabinet art is as they walk up and play. Mainly because that would be weird, but definitely because you can’t even see it in a row of games.
Put as much as you can in the game to attract the player. That’s all that is needed in a location standard edition.
Now if you’re a collector and looking at a standard, that cabinet art stinks. But for an operator, doubt any of them care unless then plan to keep the game for their personal collection after it has earned its money.

Here a pic of one of the locations I frequent often. You can absolutely see the side art on games and it is something the general public sees as it is essentially a billboard for the game. Why wouldn't you want your game to look as appealing as possible, especially since it doesn't cost them any extra money? It's just dumb! With how competitive the pinball market is why handicap your games with bland art.
IMG_20190403_153534 (resized).jpgIMG_20190403_153534 (resized).jpg

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It almost seems as if someone said internally “we can’t let the $7500 model canabalize the $9500 model so there needs to be some more reasons to incentivize the $9500 purchase” and then went with generic cab art for the base model so the $9500 looks nicer. Not a fan of this approach. Make all models look nice and make the $9500 model worth it through unnecessary bling, toppers, shakers, and invisiglass.

Exactly! JJP is losing badly to Stern already in terms of art packages and now they are intentionally gimping the art packages on their own games to make them look worse and less appealing. It's a terrible approach and it doesn't make it look like they are valuing their "budget" customers who are still shelling out $7500 (plus tax and shipping) for a game. Compare the standard cab artwork to an Alice Cooper, Munsters, Deadpool, or Iron Maiden and it looks like dog shit. Unacceptable for 2019.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

To each their own. May be the first time the modders come up with cabinet decal mods. Like a Gene Fathead to slap somewhere on the side with some candy stickers to go around (began this as a joke, but after thinking about some of the mods out there, now putting this at a 2/3rds chance of actually happening).

They could do a good business selling LE RadCals to standard owners.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I really believe the SE is truly geared towards operators that don't care about sideart and an extra mech that's one more thing to fix. The LE and ce are the home versions. We shouldn't be so hard on the SE for that reason, and instead appreciate a cheaper option that everyone has been asking for.

I wouldn't be surprised if more SE's are sold to home buyers than LE's and CE's. It's a better value and you're really only sacrificing a physical ball lock. The only reason I'm being hard on the SE is because JJP removed the "art" from the artwork on the standard cab side and left only the logo which makes it look plain. The front decal and head decals appear to be the same.
There's still time for JJP to change this for the better and it wouldn't even cost them any money to do it. I would never be a buyer in the $9k+ price point but $7.5k is close enough to the point that I could justify a purchase if it checked all the boxes of what I was looking for in a game. I think it's close but I need to play it. Having better cab art on the standard may be enough to sway me into a purchase. It's really just the principle of the decision which bothers me. I'm sure one of the mod makers will come up with a nice vinyl "cling" decal which will add back the artwork that was stripped off by JJP

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

So, by my rough calculations, (500 CE + 5000 LE + 2500 SE) * $400 for decals, I just saved JJP roughly $3.2m. I'll take a 1% finders fee or 3 CEs.

Pinball companies don't care about grammar so they wouldn't "loose" any money

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.99
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.