• SE 46 votes
    32%
  • LE 70 votes
    48%
  • CE 30 votes
    21%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Apbg (resized).jpg
file (resized).jpg
IMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpg
D94A4758-E26B-4A80-84D3-9616808E0546 (resized).png
JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png
wonka (resized).jpg
9a97aaf1-e78d-496f-8d77-5b0c9153ceec (resized).jpeg
Willy2 (resized).jpg
20190419_231634 (resized).jpg
letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (1 year ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (1 year ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 1 year ago

$2k difference from standard to LE, but there’s not much added to the le. Mostly cosmetic, shaker, invisiglass and the super ball lock. Seems kind of a steep jump to the le.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

External sound control is not in the basic one as well

I don’t need that. Shaker and invisiglass are worthy upgrades. I don’t know what the ball lock mech is, but I’ll assume its desirable. The plaque and powder aren’t worth Much to me. Besides, would have rather had a chocolate powder coat color, not clear why you’d choose blue.

If these games all play exactly the same, less the ball lock, it’s hard to make the jump...I don’t know, need to think on this one, play and see it before making a judgment.

Am I reading that chart right, 5000 LE??? Why even call it an LE.

#911 1 year ago

What exactly does the ball lock do in the LE compared to the SE? Is it just a mechanical vs virtual lock like in Iron Maiden pro vs premium/le? I’ve read about stealing balls with the mechanical lock, but not the virtual. I have a deposit down on an LE, but am not thrilled with what the LE offers relative to the SE.

Can a shaker be added to a SE?

Shaker, glass and powder cost about $550 so it’s really this ball lock mech that becomes the difference.

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow u can get invisaglass, jjp shaker and legs, armor, shooter housing and wireforms all done for 550.00? Figured glass and jjp shaker were 450 or more alone? So 100.00 to get all that powdercoated?

Yep. Powder is cheap, find a local wheel place. Invisiglass $300, shaker $100, powder $150. I wouldn’t do the wireforms, though they may look cool in a chocolate color. I don’t usually do the coin door either.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't follow you..
Invisglass is ~300.. Shaker ~100.. headphone kit ~$40.. powdercoated legs, lockdown, siderails, and hinges would run you 450+ just themselves. That's likely $900.. And then you're paying for the different art and mech.. and the LE "premium".

Powder $450? I don’t think so.

#983 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Think or know? How many powder jobs have you gotten done of late?
This is at least a 11 piece job... plus all the bolts. plus you would normally source new siderails verse fighting the stainless and have to be picky in the lockdown bar. It’s not no $100 job... people doing it in their garage aren’t even that cheap.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Powder itself is pretty cheap...getting it done correctly is definitely not....have to agree w this post.....JJP powder is pretty much the nicest I've seen, and high-end powder jobs, done by pros, is an artform (not garage work..took that route once...never again)...definitely not cheap. If you're spending this kind of $$ on this (or any other) title, powder job needs to be equally impressive...

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Shaker $100, invisiglass $300, where can you get quality sparkle powder oat done to rails, lockdown, and wireforms for $150?
I’d like to get it done on my MBr and $150 would be awesome.

I already mentioned it, call a local wheel place, it’s $10 a part plus $20-30 for the powder itself, any prismatic color that doesn’t require superchroma. I usually stick to the illusion series from prismatic. If the parts are already stainless, no up charge, if the parts have the black wrinkle like on stern pros, it’s a little more because parts need to be sand blasted. I don’t get the bolts done. It’s not some guy doing it out of his garage and it’s not any particular form of art, it’s a process that if done right comes out well. Ive had a bunch of games done, all perfect. Sorry if it’s hard to believe. $150 tops (legs, hinges, rails, shooter housing) add $30 for the coindoor, which I never do.

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly right. It’s not just the cost of the parts, it’s also the hassle/time of the labor and the possibility of messing something up in the process.
Getting it all from the factory the way you want it has value.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I love the internets...
You guys are trying to justify the cost of an LE by the sum costs of the extra parts.
I wonder if you do the same thing when you buy a car
Some people just want factory installed options, they don't want to pull off rails to get powder coated, change out the glass, and add this and that.
If you do great, but why does everyone feel the need to argue so much about what it's worth... to some the upcharge to a LE or CE is not a big deal - it's going to be different for everyone based on what they want and can afford - arguing it is sort of senseless as there is no right answer.

Yes and no. Yes, it is always nice to get everything done by the factory, but on the no side, the cost is very high between the two models. $2k is a lot of money for the added options on the LE.

I need to see these games in person to decide which I want. I hated the MBr CE and moved to the SE, which I love. Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake on this one.

And yes, I always do this with cars too. Bought a Honda pilot recently, put running boards on myself, saved $600 took 1 hour to install.

#1122 1 year ago

Wonder if people would have felt better if the price of the SE was $8k or $8500, making the gap to the LE appear smaller.

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, I don't usually listen to his stuff, so I don't know all of the history, but I will admit I listened to his one to hear what you were referencing.
So basically he is insecure idiot...always has been, always will be. He can't take the criticism how he over-hyped the reveal, so his only defense is to lash out and call anyone that doesn't agree with him a "bedwetter'. What a grade school playground comment to make, but then again I guess no one ever accused him of being an overly mature individual. He basically says you can't have an opinion on a game unless you flip it, so if that is the case, his podcasts should be really short from now on, assuming he doesn't hold to a double standard.
People can have opinions on anything, and they can post those opinions on an open forum. They don't have to own the game, they don't have to flip the game, and they can even have opinions on opinions if they want to. Aurich had an opinion on artwork because that is what he does. I respect that opinion, and to lash out because he criticized the artwork of a game, which 'Special K' himself has done on numerous occasions, is a bit hypocritical. Here is an opinion....those TWIPPY awards you are so proud of.....my opinion is you didn't win those for your great podcasting. My opinion is you won those because people like to look at train wrecks. They wanted to see how much of an ass you were going to make of yourself after winning, and they were not disappointed. It was no accident they saved that presentation for next to last...it was done that way on purpose. Can you not see that?
Face it...you got your ego stroked by JJ when you got invited to play a game a week ahead of the reveal, like it was some great honor. You were used.....you got caught up in the hype, and because you want to be invited to do this again, you posted how this was going to be the game to change pinball as we know it. It is a nice game, and I am sure it shoots well, but nothing there is a new innovation. You lied, and because people called you on it, your only solution is to lash out. Grow up...it's just pinball.

I listened to his podcast, I didn’t take it this way. He was pissed off/frustrated about all the nit picking, particularly by those who haven’t seen the game in person or played it. I don’t always agree with him, but I do on this. Pages and pages of going back and forth on minute details of a game most people have not seen or played. He spent time with the game in a quiet environment and loved it. The special when lit guys did too and also loved it.

I’ll reserve my own judgment on the game until I play it, but from what I’ve seen, it looks like a cool game. Does it have everything I would want, no, but I am willing to bet JJP will do everything in their power to make a great game. I have a deposit down on an LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside