92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#647 5 years ago

Played at least 10 games on this last night. It is another beautiful pin by JJP. You can't deny how nice it looks just sitting there. It shoots and flows like Dialed In. Not super fast, but silky smooth. Shots are not hard to find or hit except that right upper loop from the left flipper. You have to hit it in the sweet spot to make it to the wonkavator. I wish I could have heard the sounds better, because after a glimpse of the stdm clips they really add and pop. There is a lot to like and what is there is not as obvious. You really have to get a little deep into the game to see some features. Things you won't see your first game or two. Gobstopper multiball is an easy achievement once you learn how to safely return the ball to your flippers. Spoke at length with Joe Katz and some rules are pretty cool. There are 3 Wonka bar inserts(on ramps). Hitting those earns Wonka bars which equal bonus at end of ball...but they carry over and are additive throughout your game. The modes are cool and seem to be unique. One had you hitting ramps and another was combo driven, I think. There were times when your picture was taken and went into wokavision. That was cool. Will there be more to that? Lighting was amazing and beautiful...standard for JJP. It's not in your face, strobing, blinding flashers, like newer Sterns (SW, BK3, etc). Final say for me is that it is another great JJP game. I need to learn the rules and get some more plays before I can say I am in. Went up and played Dialed in after and I think if you liked DI but wanted a better theme, then this one is for you. It's smooth and feels so different and immersive in a storybook way. If you want metal, speed, quick drains, balls hopping off and over things, and in your face lights then BK3 is your game. Just added that for the comparisons that will come (enjoyed BK3 and would play on location, but not own). But, at the end of the day, the Wonka Standard doesn't look like it will feel stripped down and will be very tempting for a lot of people wanting their first JJP. The LE has the usual upgrades (invisiglass, shaker, powder coating, mech/sculpt), which for those of us JJP owners know are usually worth the LE upgrade. The CE is priced out of my range, but I will tell you the powder coating and mirrored backglass was gorgeous on that model. Also, the LE and CE will have powder coated habitrails matching the armor. Standard will have black armor (like pirates) and stainless steel habitrails. Happy to answer any questions from a guy who was there.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Does anyone yet have a complete "song list"? Curious if "Candyman" or others are in there ...

Joe said World of imagination, oompa loompa, golden ticket, and I want it now.

#651 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They could do a good business selling LE RadCals to standard owners.

Saw a hobbit on the floor with rad cals... holy cow! Those things were beautiful! Has me really thinking of upgrading my pins.

#655 5 years ago

My bottom line after playing Wonka is it is definitely on my radar, but not an immediate buy. I'm taking home an Alice Cooper today and super excited to get lots of playtime on it. That will satiate me for a good while before the itch returns. At that point a location near me will probably have one or can wait for the fall/winter shows to play again. I gotta say, if Zach from flip n out or Chris from Kingpin were to offer a show discount and no shipping to open at a show...that would probably put me over the hump come the fall/winter season...just sayin' guys.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

5000 games doesn't sound very limited anyway. Nib le's will be for sale for a long time.

I think this was done in response to the seeming no end of WOZ runs. This was JJP saying, 5000 and then no more. May not have come off as well as they wanted, but shows they are listening.

#1017 5 years ago

Tough call between used DI LE and Standard Wonka. That will be the big this or that for me.

#1319 5 years ago

Wow! What a mess this thread is. Special When Lit guys, Zach, and even Kaneda were right, there sure is a lot of nit-picking and silly immature statements being made about a game 90% of you haven't played. Need to check out the Black Knight forum and see if you guys are ripping that one apart. I grew up watching this film and got to see, hear, and play the game at MGC. It is beautiful, shoots like butter, sounds great, and represents the film well. Is it the second-coming of pinball? No. It's just a great game with all modern stuff thrown in. Will it change the pinball landscape? Yes. JJP now has a game at a price point to directly compete with Stern Premium, AP, and CGC. So now when a buyer looks at price, they will be comparing directly to JJP, not having to consider paying more for JJP. That point has potential to change things. You guys are arguing about the middle part of the letter "H"? Grow up.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Great to hear someone else who played the game and liked it. I think the graphic treatment Aurich pointed out speaks to the effort and expertise put into that department, and allows manufacturers the opportunity to either fix it or request better assets for their next releases.
Personally I'm trying to decide between Wonka (not having played it) and POTC, which I have many times and really enjoy.

Pirates is faster and feels more packed. Shots are more unique as well. You really get the feel or Eric as an original designer. Wonka shoots smoother. It feels like Dialed In. You also have a situation where you are hitting shots to set up another shot from one of the other flippers. I'm not really into that style of gameplay, so my personal vote is POTC. However, DI has grown on me and I think Wonka will, too. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crile1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.