• SE 45 votes
    31%
  • LE 70 votes
    48%
  • CE 30 votes
    21%

(145 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 116 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Apbg (resized).jpg
file (resized).jpg
IMG_20190712_194049 (resized).jpg
D94A4758-E26B-4A80-84D3-9616808E0546 (resized).png
JJPPinfest 2019 (resized).png
wonka (resized).jpg
9a97aaf1-e78d-496f-8d77-5b0c9153ceec (resized).jpeg
Willy2 (resized).jpg
20190419_231634 (resized).jpg
letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (6 months ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (6 months ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (6 months ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (6 months ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#239 6 months ago

Theres alot going on.... 4 flippers, 3 ramps,2-3 magnets, camera, lcds, multiple ball locks, ton of rgb lighting and whatever that gob stopper mech does..... plus all the normal stuff. Looks like a neat layout with tons of shots. I think it will be great once its all polished.

#357 6 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Am I out of line by saying this is basically the equivalent of a Stern Pro, but priced significantly higher?

Really? Lol.. do you not see how much is there?

#372 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There isn't much there....that's the problem.

U cant b serious?

#376 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Its main toy is a Gobstopper that spins! Yeah!
Jeez, even a 5K Black Knight has a mech that fights you with a bi-directional flail and a shield that goes up and down and reveals a lock. That's much more interactive than that silly gobstopper twirling around like a ballerina.

U sld do more research before you make stupid comments......

#383 6 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Super locks! Stay player to player and game to game! Sounds fun! Steal super locks from other players

Theres alot on the game with the hardware /mechs but the code also has alot going on and its only 40 percent atm. I think this is going to be a great game to explore . Also the lighting is amazing so far

#385 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I watched the stream, dippy. JJP even said the Gobstopper was the main toy.

You do realize there is a mechanism under it that locks balls and turns around and opens a hole up to a subway ...?

#390 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm sold! I'm buying 12!

O yea but your precious black knight has one thing on it that spins and blocks the ball lmao... typical stern fan boy...and one ramp lol

#407 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Gameplay: JJP Willy Wonka

Wow much better view of gameplay than the streams..thanks

#419 6 months ago

Is it really have 8 magnets? I swear i heard that?

#420 6 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The modes don't really stand out
The Hobbit beats on that score so far

Settle down .. 40 percent code.. it will get better

#422 6 months ago

Wonka mb is cool as hell

#423 6 months ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Yes, there's one in the middle of each of those mini LED cluster/circles.

Holy shitz...

#428 6 months ago
Quoted from pookycade:

These newer pins seem to essentially be repeats. I looked at this and seriously thought - Wizard of Oz 2.0. Nothing other than theme that strongly differentiates. Originality seems be lacking in these machines today. Where are the new innovative artists ? Love my Lawlor and Ritchie pins but I’m ready for the new kid on the block with new ideas

Its Its nothing like woz? Design is way wzy different?

#440 6 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Looking at the differences in models
Standard is missing : wankavator super lock
Where is that on the playfield?
Upper left corner ?

Yes

#442 6 months ago
Quoted from captainBR:

The ONE dealer who even claims to have had them shows sold out. WTF?!?

From.what i gather there have been a ton of orders... its a homerun minus the usual 5-10 pinside downers

#454 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code is almost done way more than 40 mentioned earlier.

The basis is there but no wizard modes and lots of refinement. It much like di was when revealed but will be 80-90 percent once shipping.

#456 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code is almost done way more than 40 mentioned earlier.

The basis is there but no wizard modes and lots of refinement. It much like di was when revealed but will be 80-90 percent once shipping.

Quoted from jarozi:

I do wish the Wokavator area was themed a bit more, it's fine, just a little plain. Looks like a good opportunity for one of the modders.
[quoted image]

Prototype .. I'm guessing things will b refined some

#459 6 months ago

Everyone saying the spinning gobstopper is a let down... thats cool but its the ball.lock underneath that's super cool imo. It opens and closes and maybe other stuff

#474 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I literally just saw them play the chocolate river mode.

Me to?

#497 6 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah...people will play it and then say....Oh, I get it...It's great!

Yep it happens every time... there so much there .. how can u not like it... did you enjoy it? I thought i remember reading u were going to play it?

#498 6 months ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I played 7-8 games on it tonight. Wait to shoot it before forming an opinion. I thought it had great flow, satisfying shots, and cool toys. I can’t wait to own it and think it’s going to be a huge hit.

Thanks for your review .. nice to hear a opinion from someone who played it. Same thing happened with di.. people talked alot until they played it... pats the man and jjp and him do some nice things.

#501 6 months ago

Wow i love the stacking of everything ..

#503 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's already changed once. The Licensor objected to the original name, Brat Multiball (which is a WAY better name), so they had to change it.

Win some u lose some with licensing unfortunately

#505 6 months ago

Keith blowing it up.. more i see the better it gets. Nice job jjp and pat

#510 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pretty hilarious that the Dahl family got hung up on "Brat" (which is in the book) when Dahl has the kids licking penis paper (recommended for a nursery!) in the book and movie.

Indeed strange

#570 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No... that was people seeing the software version and making the incorrect leap that version number has anything to do with percentages. Joe stated the main things yet to be done are the wizard modes... the rest is essentially there.

Yep turns out it about 60 percent done.. I like the rules direction so far

#574 6 months ago

Also the power coat is back to the good stuff... the blue with sparkles looks great and much better than di and potc. Then the ce powder looks like a mirror and just gorgeous.... also the backglass on ce is beautiful with the mirror.

#575 6 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I think the game looks fantastic. Didn’t expect to like it as WW is an uninteresting theme for me. But the playfield layout, flow, lighting, code and sound seems like above the competition. Very similar to WOZ but more modern. I think it will be a great title in a small collection or even as a single home game. It's really awesome that pinball is so hot these days - almost 13 000 viewers of the stream!

I've been studying pics and videos all night and there is a ton of shots and things going on ...some shots i still can't figure out lol. I'm guessing a bunch of diverters are hidden ...its the only way the ball can end up.in so many different places on the back half of the machine. I love that all the flippers have lots of shots and they are all needed . Somehow with all the stuff the game still flows super well. Pat has the most action and shots packed on to his pins.... gonna be another great home game to explore for a long time.

#886 6 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s not really a price increase to the LE, it’s a steep discount on the SE.
Invisiglass, shaker and wonkavator make up 2k in value easily to me.

Plus other stuff.. beautiful powder coated armor, shooter housing and Wireforms. External headphone and volume control, better cab art and back glass. Then invisaglass, shaker and wonkavator ball lock which is cool and has great lighting effects. All in all im fine with the 2k more.

#902 6 months ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

are the 2 shots under the wonka vision an U-turn?
where is the saucer?

I believe there is a diverter back there to put the ball in different places

#909 6 months ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Just curious, anyone know how many pop bumpers are in the game? Looks like one from the pics.

3 squeezed in there with a ton of other shit lol

#910 6 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So the only real playfield difference in the three models is the ball lock thing?

Wonkavator mech and lightning is missing on standard...

#913 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What exactly does the ball lock do in the LE compared to the SE? Is it just a mechanical vs virtual lock like in Iron Maiden pro vs premium/le? I’ve read about stealing balls with the mechanical lock, but not the virtual. I have a deposit down on an LE, but am not thrilled with what the LE offers relative to the SE.
Can a shaker be added to a SE?
Shaker, glass and powder cost about $550 so it’s really this ball lock mech that becomes the difference.

Wow u can get invisaglass, jjp shaker and legs, armor, shooter housing and wireforms all done for 550.00? Figured glass and jjp shaker were 450 or more alone? So 100.00 to get all that powdercoated?

#915 6 months ago

Anyone have a picture of the back of the standard playfield? Im curious what it looks like with out the ball lock. That area on the le has alot of lights and puts off a nice lightshow. Is all that missing alsom

#921 6 months ago

I believe jjp shaker is 150-200?

#928 6 months ago

20190414_185130 (resized).jpg

#930 6 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Was there ever any doubt?

Lol nope

#946 6 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The question being asked is why is there bare wood around the lights. I dunno. Aesthetics of some kind apparently, there's no reason they need to be there as part of the printing/insert process.

Maybe this will be changed in production games?

#968 6 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any idea what these multiple spots are? I watched all eleventy-seven hours of the reveal on Twitch and never once heard Pure Imagination.
It was more than a bit strange, too, to SEE Veruca singing I Want It Now but HEARING absolutely none of it. I’m not sure what the point of using silent film clips is supposed to be.
I could have swore Wonka is a musical!

Prototypes with release code.... it will all get worked out in the next few months. I think it great allready but can only get better... i mean look how far woz, hobbit and di have came since release

#1024 6 months ago

The standard is fairly different than the le without the wonkavator ball lock. I can see where they saved a bunch of money to get the cost to where it is. The ramp don't go back behind the backboard and will definitely shoot little differently as its much steeper. Also lots of lights not there . I wonder how it does the virtual locks? .regardless still alot of pin there for the price and nice for jjp to offer it. d6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1091 6 months ago

Good overview of the rules.. i like the direction they are going and there looks to be alot of ways to approach the game.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

#1117 6 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don’t think so. It wasn’t at MGC. They said it was still going through final approval.

I believe joe from pingraffix does all jjp pin blades at the factory

#1159 6 months ago

There are 3 skill shots in wonka that are good and the super looks very difficult .

#1393 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honestly, Potc looks different and better
Right ramp, left ramp 4 flippers ok
RS is more creative than Wonka
TWD blows it away
And I want a Wonka
But might revert to Potc

Wonka has a great unique layout with tons of shots and flow. Its only gonna get better buddy... give it time to get the jjp polish and treatment ... but the bones are there for a great pin imo. I like potc but there's disconnect somewhere for me but ill probably own it for a bit. I've had walking dead premium and roadshow and they were fun for a bit but didn't have the long term appeal in the end... especially rs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 12,500.00
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside