92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 5 years ago

Wtf

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I need more Gene in this game - not hearing him enough. Not a big fan of the generic narrator.....

in the steam someone said there will be lots of Wilder call outs

#846 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Another relevant phrase (which I know is despised by some) is that they had to create Roald Dahl's world under the glass, and they haven't done that. I don't know if it's strictly a missing toy(s), playfield art or what, it's good but not totally there. Compare this WOZ with the yellow brick road, forest, castle, flying monkey, Dorothy's spinning house complete with wicked witch's shoes!

100%. I thought they knocked it out of the park with the world under glass on WOZ. I think after the overly complicated poc the were trying to simplify their mechanics to make a more reliable machine. Which, I am fine with - there needs to be a balance of toys and mechs with reliability especially at the lower price point machines for operators

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Did I miss this.. Why is the artwork cut out around these lights?
https://images.pinside.com/5/8c/ab/58cabe43a0dfcb2bc6474804b156334f2e2f8f86.jpg
[quoted image]

From what I understand, there are small magnets around these lights

#993 5 years ago

I love the internets...

You guys are trying to justify the cost of an LE by the sum costs of the extra parts.
I wonder if you do the same thing when you buy a car

Some people just want factory installed options, they don't want to pull off rails to get powder coated, change out the glass, and add this and that.
If you do great, but why does everyone feel the need to argue so much about what it's worth... to some the upcharge to a LE or CE is not a big deal - it's going to be different for everyone based on what they want and can afford - arguing it is sort of senseless as there is no right answer.

#1001 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes and no. Yes, it is always nice to get everything done by the factory, but on the no side, the cost is very high between the two models. $2k is a lot of money for the added options on the LE.
I need to see these games in person to decide which I want. I hated the MBr CE and moved to the SE, which I love. Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake on this one.
And yes, I always do this with cars too. Bought a Honda pilot recently, put running boards on myself, saved $600 took 1 hour to install.

It's all relative, some people are at an income level where $2k is not a lot of money - that's why I said it's a personal decision and sort of worthless to argue with others. I buy my cars loaded and add nothing - just don't want to be bothered and would rather have all the options under the factory warranty. But, I understand why others don't and would not argue that's a wrong decision for them.

#1028 5 years ago

it's really growing on me after I got past the expecting the second coming of pinball
I think I will really be wowed once I flip it

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

...where is the river, why aren’t the pop bumpers capped like the trees/mushrooms (or even gummy bears), where is the Wonkatania boat sculpt?...
Why isn’t there isn’t a chocolate river mech with a saucer you shoot into and the ball gets VUK into a pipe (Augustus Gloop)? Why isn’t there a mode where you eventually hit a ball up a ramp, it gets held by a magnet for a second, the arrow tells me if it’s a good/bad egg, and then it’s dropped downward like Veruca Salt? The character, Violet, loved chewing gum...missed opportunity to have a physical gumball machine (TZ) that releases a blueberry ceramic gumball into play.

100% those are some great ideas, you should of been on the design team.
My guess is they were trying to keep the price point down, profits and reliability up

#1063 5 years ago

I am assuming/hoping the call outs and videos will be better integrated in the final code
If not - that's a huge fail - unless there is a licensing issue that is holding them back

#1148 5 years ago

thought JJP did a good job with the DI promo video, not sure if they will have their own Wonka one besides the one they showed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 32.99
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.