92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amused_to_Death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 5 years ago

Let me in, Wonka! I’m starving!

#551 5 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Is there the Oompa Loompa song in the game? Can’t tell if I heard or not?

You hear bits of the Loompas singing as the pop bumpers are hit and there is an instrumental version of the song that plays during an Oompa Loompa hurry up mode.

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What’s with all the fake dirt, scratches and hair on the clips from the film?

I believe the idea is that the Oompa Loompas are pulling down a screen inside the factory and showing you classroom-style movies using an old 16mm film projector.

The clips that take over the full 27” screen width are crystal clear.

#784 5 years ago

Kaneda must love living inside of everyone's heads! LOL!

#829 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it actually misspelled on the machines themselves? If so I’m sure it will be fixed in production.

Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

So, by my rough calculations, (500 CE + 5000 LE + 2500 SE) * $400 for decals, I just saved JJP roughly $3.2m. I'll take a 1% finders fee or 3 CEs.

#837 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Munsters LE wins on looks btw

The playfield, yes. But the display animations? Not even close! The Munsters looks like amateur hour compared to the stuff Jean-Paul de Win has been doing for Jersey Jack.

The Munsters’ text (fonts, colors, and sizes) is just plain god awful, the computer animations look like a rushed grade school project, and even the TV clips are all ruined by using hard freeze cuts.

Stern has playfield and cabinet art nailed down, but they’ve got a lot of work to do on their displays.

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

On the CE, I'm not sure what it mean by the "Red 'Most Secret Machine'"

Perhaps red instead of bare metal?

Secret Machine (resized).pngSecret Machine (resized).png

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

...or what the "More surprises" will be.

White glove delivery service by a couple of Oompa Loompas?

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

getting some of the actors to sign the CEs is in the works.

Meh.

I'd rather see them come up with a replacement for the odd looking acrylic box sitting on the left wireform. Yes, I know there's a diverter under there. But there's gotta be a better way to hide it. That box looks stupid. I can't think of very many things that the aftermarket modders could do for Wonka, but replacing that box would be one of them!

#964 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

M&M's/Mars wanted a a ridiculous amount of money for Candy Man, to which they own the rights.

Too bad, if true.

Zynga has a new game out for iOS/Android, Wonka’s World of Candy, that uses a mixture of Candy Man and Pure Imagination as its main themes, and it comes off much more upbeat sounding than JJP’s (I’ve Got a) Golden Ticket.

Zynga’s game has a lot of nice audio clips that are, so far, missing in JJP’s game as well. Even short little phrases, like Grandpa Joe saying “It’s a miracle!” could really add a lot to the pinball game.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Pure imagination - final wizard mode

With Pure Imagination being the one song everyone remembers most besides Candy Man, I can’t say that saving it for a Wizard mode that 90% of players won’t ever see/hear is a very good idea.

Don’t get roped into playing too many rounds, lol, but check out Zynga’s game for some nice Wonka music and voice integration.

CCD61A3C-0A07-4B26-976C-4D4DF4911A66 (resized).jpegCCD61A3C-0A07-4B26-976C-4D4DF4911A66 (resized).jpeg

https://www.zynga.com/games/wonkas-world-of-candy

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

That’s why it’s in multiple spots, not just the wizard mode.

Any idea what these multiple spots are? I watched all eleventy-seven hours of the reveal on Twitch and never once heard Pure Imagination.

It was more than a bit strange, too, to SEE Veruca singing I Want It Now but HEARING absolutely none of it. I’m not sure what the point of using silent film clips is supposed to be.

I could have swore Wonka is a musical!

#988 5 years ago

A great looking rules sheet! I wouldn't mind blowing it up / framing it and hanging it on a wall near the game.

pdf for download:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_April19.pdf

#1096 5 years ago

Wonka Diverter (resized).jpgWonka Diverter (resized).jpg

Quoted from Zavadoza:

I do wish they had something better there, Like a Wonkatania sculpt and that side of the left ramp was the chocolate river. That is probably my only critical feedback on the looks of the game. It just doesn't fit the quality of everything else on there.

100% agree! That little acrylic box is my only gripe with the entire playfield. Surely, there has to be a better looking solution!

As much as I'd like to see the Wonkatania or the Wonkamobile (where's the love for the Wonkamobile in this game?!) somewhere on the playfield, I don't think they'd fit in there next to the giant Everlasting Gobstopper. Maybe an unopened case of Wonka Bars? But, again, there's a problem of scale being next to the Gobstopper.

Keep it as the factory entrance, I guess, but get rid of the acrylic case and have it look like an actual detailed building with something other than a flat roof. All metal, like with the house in WoZ?

Here's hoping the modders come up with something better!

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Or just "Golden Ticket" Multiball.

The problem with that is that you're also collecting five golden tickets on your own in order to get to the Pure Imagination wizard mode.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Damn! That artwork on the CE just nails it for me.

How do you know? They haven't showed the CE to anyone yet.

"But Easter is over." — Mike Teavee

#1110 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s on the flyer. And was also on a few of the machines at MGC. The cabinet work, and the mirrored backglass. The only thing we didn’t see was the glittered playfield artwork.

Yes, I’ve already seen the flyer. I would think the alternate playfield art with sparkle would be a lot more important than the cabinet side art which is easily replaceable. We’ve also yet to see what the CE’s Pinblades are going to look like. Or the apron. Or what a red Most Secret Machine and wireforms does for the game's overall look.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Heck, just look at the sales post at the bottom of this page. Shows all three.

No. No, it does not. See above.

I’m already in on a CE, but I would like to actually see one.

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Heck, just look at the sales post at the bottom of this page. Shows all three.

No. No, it does not.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

[quoted image]

Would you like to show me the alternate playfield art in those sales posts? The alternate apron? The Pinblades? Apparently you guys don't get it. The CE is supposed to be different in the same way the CE JJPOTC is different from the LE and SE JJPOTC. We've yet to see a CE Wonka. It was stated at the reveal that they're waiting on approval from Warner Bros.

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When a ball gets shot in, it's diverted seamlessly to store off stage while a small family-guy/munsters/shrek-like mini pinball is output to store in plain view so it looks like the machine instantly shrunk your pinball. Then reverse the process to put all the balls onto the playfield for multiball.

Cool idea. Yeah, there's a lot of fun things they could have done. Agustus/ball getting stuck in a pipe. A chocolate river tunnel to shoot the ball through. Some decorative turning gears and moving conveyors that attempt to replicate the Everlasting Gobstopper Machine. A magnet that holds the ball in place while a bright blue spotlight is shined on it (have you ever noticed how Violet's hair lights up as she turns into a blueberry?). An upper playfield section that looks like the Geese Room with "good egg" and "bad egg" chutes for the ball to drop through. A Wonkavator that actually moves across the playfield on a rod. "Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous." — Willy Wonka

Wonka Candyland (resized).jpgWonka Candyland (resized).jpg

Candy Land Wonka does a good job of capturing it all — and for only $24.00! LOL!

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Candy Land Wonka does a good job of capturing it all — and for only $24.00! LOL!

Wonka Candyland (resized).jpgWonka Candyland (resized).jpg

It just occurred to me what the modders can do with this game. Add some of the bits of the Chocolate Room that made us all "oooh" and "aaah" when we first saw it on the big screen. Lollipops, candy canes, gummy bears, mushrooms, etc. Just a few translucent bears on a wire would go a long ways towards adding some extra magic. Bonus points for the modder who gives us the WONKA gate!

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...anything I say gets treated like I'm a nitpicker, so fine, here's my nitpick. Be happy hating on it, you're welcome.

FYI... today’s episode of Kaneda’s podcast has been brought to you by the letter ‘H.’

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there no re-master of Willy Wonka? I am just watching the jjplive stream video and the video source material really shows its age.

It’s intentional. They’re employing a filter to introduce dirt and scratches onto the film.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...they apply that effect when the oompah loompahs pull down a projection screen in the middle of everything, not when the video is full screen. I think it's a clever idea.

I agree. It’s a brilliant way to graft scenes from a 50-year-old film onto the computerized factory score display. It’s reminiscent of watching old 16mm educational films in grade school, and I’m sure that’s the effect de Win was after.

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does that mean they will show scenes from early in the movie , the world going mad for Wonka Bars , the kids finding the golden tickets , Charlie in school etc.

DETECTIVE: They want your case of Wonka Bars. Mrs. Curtis, did you hear me? It's your husband's life or your case of Wonka Bars.

MRS. CURTIS: How long will they give me to think it over?

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My understanding is that they can only really use the last 45 minutes of the film, due to license restrictions.

Warner Bros saw that the last couple of reels were all scratched and dirty and told Jack he could knock himself out with those.

#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

They can’t get candyman. Mars and Co. who owns it won’t license it to be used in the machine.

I guess they like Zynga more than Jersey Jack Pinball. You’ll find Candy Man as one of the main themes in Zynga’s new Wonka’s World of Candy game for iOS and Android.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At a certain point pinball companies can’t keep opening their wallets, not enough return from a niche market. Zynga prints money with their apps with the reach they have.

Understood fully. There is a big difference between X "won't license it" and Y "not wanting to pay."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Amused_to_Death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?tu=Amused_to_Death and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.