92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #157 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #158 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by pin2d (5 years ago)

Post #257 Feature matrix Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (5 years ago)

Post #396 SDTM gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #564 Rules Flowchart Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.
#1 5 years ago

Willy Wonka is going to be revealed on Friday USA time . Buffalo pinball has said to be streaming it , can you get a link before they start streaming or do you have to wait until they are streaming . What do you search on Twitch to find it , does anyone know the time it's going to happen . Thanks for any info . This is One reveal I don't want to miss !!!

#4 5 years ago

I knew I could count on you , thanks guys , pinside is the best !

#5 5 years ago

I heard around 7:30 p.m. does that sound right

#6 5 years ago

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

10 am Saturday where you are.

#7 5 years ago

Go here at 7 p.m. Central time on Friday, April 12, 2019: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

(Use this to convert to your local time if necessary: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

We'll be streaming the JJP presentation, followed immediately by gameplay on the new machine!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

[quoted image]
10 am Saturday where you are.

I'll have to wake up early for a Saturday but I think it'll be worth it . Can't wait !

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for making this thread guys...I'll be tuning in on Friday anxiously and now I don't feel as disappointed that I can't be there myself.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Thanks for making this thread guys...I'll be tuning in on Friday anxiously and now I don't feel as disappointed that I can't be there myself.

If we can't be there it's the next best thing

#11 5 years ago

I tuned in and all they had was BEAT SABER WANKING!

#12 5 years ago

Curious to see this!

#13 5 years ago

Where will this be posted after the event, gonna miss it live.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Where will this be posted after the event, gonna miss it live.

The video will immediately be available to re-watch on Twitch, and I’ll try to get it posted to YouTube as soon as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/buffalopinball

#15 5 years ago

14 hours to go

#16 5 years ago

Are you ready ??? On our way to MGC - We are ready to take your orders !

Do you want to get our email blast with all the info, pics, and ordering info as soon as it’s available live from MGC...

Email Joe at [email protected] to get on our interested list and get our email tonight !

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Are you ready ??? On our way to MGC - We are ready to take your orders !
Do you want to get our email blast with all the info, pics, and ordering info as soon as it’s available live from MGC...
Email Joe at [email protected] to get on our interested list and get our email tonight !

How many game you bringing?

#19 5 years ago

Any spy photos yet?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Any spy photos yet?

IMG_20190412_223405 (resized).jpgIMG_20190412_223405 (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

11 hours

#22 5 years ago

That would be 2AM...

I guess I miss out.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That would be 2AM...
I guess I miss out.

Come on bro I know they rage in Dusseldorf! Just take a nap beforehand.

#24 5 years ago

Oh. That wasn’t FRIDAY. :-p

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That would be 2AM...
I guess I miss out.

I've got to get up by 10 a.m. we're all pushing it here in other time zones

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on bro I know they rage in Dusseldorf! Just take a nap beforehand.

Isn't that pic here from the Willy Wonka Remake?

ww (resized).jpgww (resized).jpg

No "rage" here...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've got to get up by 10 a.m. we're all pushing it here in other time zones

Do you have no children or how are you allowed to sleep that long?

#28 5 years ago

Can’t wait.

#29 5 years ago

10 hours

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Do you have no children or how are you allowed to sleep that long?

No I have no kids I get up at 5:30 everyday for work and I stay up too late on pinside so Saturday is my sleep in day

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Go here at 7 p.m. Central time on Friday, April 12, 2019: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
(Use this to convert to your local time if necessary: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)
We'll be streaming the JJP presentation, followed immediately by gameplay on the new machine!

Do you know which version(s) of the pin will be there?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No I have no kids I get up at 5:30 everyday for work and I stay up too late on pinside so Saturday is my sleep in day

Sounds fair!

#33 5 years ago

It's pretty mind-boggling there have been zero leaks.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

It's pretty mind-boggling there have been zero leaks.

Zero? XD

Since how many years ago do we knwo this game is coming?

#35 5 years ago

Just checked if it's really not just me,... it isn't. Seems to be the whole Country...

You can't buy Willy Wonka new on DVD (but it exists at least) and it isn't available at all on BluRay, that's how popular the movie is around here.

And no, I'm not poo-pooing over the game. Looking Forward to it, only not as much as most else here.

But yeah, if I can I stay up till 2Am to watch the reveal.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Just checked if it's really not just me,... it isn't. Seems to be the whole Country...
You can't buy Willy Wonka new on DVD (but it exists at least) and it isn't available at all on BluRay, that's how popular the movie is around here.
And no, I'm not poo-pooing over the game. Looking Forward to it, only not as much as most else here.

That’s not just where you are. Can’t buy it on dvd or Blu-ray here either. Can only buy a digital download.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That’s not just where you are. Can’t buy it on dvd or Blu-ray here either. Can only buy a digital download.

Available at Best Buy? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-blu-ray-1971/1793035.p?skuId=1793035

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yeah I got it on iTunes last night.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just watched the film yesterday for first time in forever. Was surprised how lightweight the film is. Not bad but not the greatest. It’s ~90 minutes and Wonka is contained to the second half. Basically it’s something like Wizard of Oz if the opening sequence of Wizard took up half the movie and then stepping into Oz = stepping into Chocolate Factory.

I mean lightweight is compared to Oz it’s more just a few choice sound bites. Gene Wilder was awesome and Varuka Salt and the other kids were ok/annoying. I’ll be interested to see how they make the game. Sure is a great few callous. Gene Wilder/Wonka are something of pure magic like Depp was as Jack Sparrow in first Potc movie. DAB45502-CE36-4639-8CE2-2955BBEFCE22 (resized).jpegDAB45502-CE36-4639-8CE2-2955BBEFCE22 (resized).jpeg

Without a doubt Wonka / Gene Wilder is worth a watch and Varuka Salt but the overall movie is not the best.
5DB8BA52-7585-42D7-813C-CF690618E4AA (resized).jpeg5DB8BA52-7585-42D7-813C-CF690618E4AA (resized).jpeg

#40 5 years ago

Ah didn’t check there. I checked amazon and a few other retailers

#41 5 years ago

I don’t want to come off too hard on the film but it’s something of a PotC affair.

The movie is ok but it’s remembered and loved because of Gene Wilder. There have probably been hundreds or thousands of films like this (kiddie movies) over the last 50 years but only a very few are remembered with as much reverence and not really was the movie that great but Gene Wilder was just what Sean Penn was to Fast Times or Matthew Broderick was to Ferris Beuiler’s day off.

6A0192BF-F063-4EA2-86DF-AFD5C388BA4D (resized).jpeg6A0192BF-F063-4EA2-86DF-AFD5C388BA4D (resized).jpeg

#42 5 years ago

Gene Wilder was a bit upset about the movie remake.

I hope that the game stays true to the original.

#43 5 years ago

All this Wonka talk makes me really miss Gene Wilder. Dude was a legend.

#44 5 years ago

I watched it free on the Roku Channel a few nights ago. Yeah commercials, but it was just on in the background while I was clicking F5 on all the Wonka threads.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I bought my copy at Best Buy in Blu-Ray format.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That would be 2AM...
I guess I miss out.

+1

as after waking up early all the week to go to work, tomorrow is early again for a 400 km ride to Tréport in FRANCE, and ... see/play the new JJP in real !!! (but not only of course)

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1
as after waking up early all the week to go to work, tomorrow is early again for a 400 km ride to Tréport in FRANCE, and ... see/play the new JJP in real !!! (but not only of course)

What?! Uh...

If I pack my bags now I can still make it there.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I watched it free on the Roku Channel a few nights ago. Yeah commercials, but it was just on in the background while I was clicking F5 on all the Wonka threads.

Does the wonkapation set some sort of pinside posting record? I'm also F5'in it and there's always some new post. I can't get enough. What the @#&(% am I going to do after the release? =)

#50 5 years ago

LOL - I hope you don't get too many down votes by the 'can't take a joke' crowd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.