letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, let's be real. It's not "JUST LIKE" with Stern. Stern's PLD budget was like $1.98. He clearly has more latitude (and a MUCH larger budget) with JJP - they still have the headphone jack in the crappy location and they let him try and fail over and over to make a decent hole protector for Dialed In because he thought he could do it better than a Cliffy (he couldn't). No, from what they revealed TODAY, this looks like a creative out-of-gas situation. I'll reserve final judgment until I flip it.

LOL I quote your comment "Pat has run out of creative gas and is now in recycle mode." and you get all upset funny stuff

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow 12k viewers? That's really impressive.

Absolutely massive for pinball. The plus of Front Page time on Twitch is exposing it to people that would otherwise never watch pinball.

#353 4 years ago

It may be due to the beer, but my order is in, for a CE!

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Am I out of line by saying this is basically the equivalent of a Stern Pro, but priced significantly higher?

LOL Stern premium

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$2k difference from standard to LE, but there’s not much added to the le. Mostly cosmetic, shaker, invisiglass and the super ball lock. Seems kind of a steep jump to the le.

5k to the CE is the hardest hurdle to jump, you can get a Stern Pro and the Standard Edition for a $500 more!

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A lot of opinions on the reveal tonight.
Im gonna try to head out to MGC tomorrow to flip it!
‪The front page Twitch gods have been kind this evening spiking at almost 12k+ viewers for the reveal!‬
‪All in, this should be hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on the game.‬
‪Being able to have this resource (front page) is huge for our hobby!‬
Well done kevinbuffalo skipnatty and Buffalo Crew!

Hundreds of thousands of eyeballs may not be a good thing........

#357 4 years ago

Am I out of line by saying this is basically the equivalent of a Stern Pro, but priced significantly higher?

Really? Lol.. do you not see how much is there?

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Absolutely massive for pinball. The plus of Front Page time on Twitch is exposing it to people that would otherwise never watch pinball.

My favorite part of the Twitch chat is all the sane, non-pinball people who wandered in and are incredulous that ANYONE would spend 12 grand on a pinball machine.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There isn't much there....that's the problem.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Talking about the premium. You can’t compare a stern pro with a jjp. That’s blasphemy.
However, thanks for pointing out. Will edit my previous post

In direct comparison a Stern Premium falls flat featurewise, noone denies that.
But the entry level tier is important for location gameplay and people who want a new game but don't want afford a premium pricetag.

#361 4 years ago

Layout actually looks a bit like Judge Dread with the 4 flippers and the placement of the upper and right ramp. Except WNKA will actually flow lol

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

We call it blind hate. I've never owned a JJP, but it's obvious some folks are just trolling here.

#363 4 years ago

Is that wonka vision showing the players face throughout (in that distorted view) and if not, it's kind of hard to tell what it's showing...

where are the Charlie clips or his audio? We need more varied actor audio clips JJP. Def didn't hit the hype but it still looks good.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

8 magnets, 4 flippers, three ramps, etc.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern entry level Pro ist still 2000$ below.

More like $2500. Stern ships free.

Few pinball operators can stomach $8k.

#366 4 years ago

I’m done watching the stream. It’s just to childlike. It’s missing the dark ominous moments that made the movie interesting. Maybe it’s not not baking yet, but I’m definitely out. I know Toy Story will be unbearable for me.

#367 4 years ago

Bad move on the art JJP. The standard art sucks. It is steering trying to get more CE sales. Lame lame lame. To bad guess I will hold onto MBLE after all. Was really hoping it was going to be amazing. Congrats on the new machine JJP. It is really cool seeing you guys release more machines. I really do hope to buy one of your machines in the future.

#368 4 years ago

kid mb name needs to be changed. Want to see that elevator...

#369 4 years ago

The music of this game is the music they will play in hell to torture me. Hobbit and PotC had epic soundtracks and now this.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Sounds like a slot machine

This is a deal killer for me

#371 4 years ago

Its main toy is a Gobstopper that spins! Yeah!

Jeez, even a 5K Black Knight has a mech that fights you with a bi-directional flail and a shield that goes up and down and reveals a lock. That's much more interactive than that silly gobstopper twirling around like a ballerina.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There isn't much there....that's the problem.

U cant b serious?

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I’m done watching the stream. It’s just to childlike. It’s missing the dark ominous moments that made the movie interesting. Maybe it’s not not baking yet, but I’m definitely out. I know Toy Story will be unbearable for me.

Same hoping for the darker side - after falling in love with DI this weekend and out of love with POTC not sure if I'll be getting the game or moving the money to DI

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

LOL Stern premium

My bad. So Stern Premium, but priced significantly higher?

#375 4 years ago

So disappointed.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Its main toy is a Gobstopper that spins! Yeah!
Jeez, even a 5K Black Knight has a mech that fights you with a bi-directional flail and a shield that goes up and down and reveals a lock. That's much more interactive than that silly gobstopper twirling around like a ballerina.

U sld do more research before you make stupid comments......

#377 4 years ago

Super locks! Stay player to player and game to game! Sounds fun! Steal super locks from other players

#378 4 years ago

Operator market feedback:
I was considering this strongly to be my first JJP to route but I try to only buy games that I would want at home if it comes to it. I want this at home, for maybe 5.5k, but not for 7.5k.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U sld do more research before you make stupid comments......

I watched the stream, dippy. JJP even said the Gobstopper was the main toy.

#380 4 years ago

It may look disappointing to some collectors here, but I bet that thing will print money in the right spot

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL I quote your comment "Pat has run out of creative gas and is now in recycle mode." and you get all upset funny stuff

No, you made a logical jump without enough rope to cross the chasm, changing the meaning of what I said. Pat's BUDGET at Stern was miniscule compared to what JJP is obviously giving him. He can have all the money in the world but it won't matter if there's no creative gas left in the tank.

#382 4 years ago

im totally in on this. what a gorgeous game! the lights, the sounds, the four FLIPPERS!!! awesome design; and amazing price for the standard!!!

Go JJP

putting my standard edition order in asap

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Super locks! Stay player to player and game to game! Sounds fun! Steal super locks from other players

Theres alot on the game with the hardware /mechs but the code also has alot going on and its only 40 percent atm. I think this is going to be a great game to explore . Also the lighting is amazing so far

#384 4 years ago

Wow, tough crowd! I don't understand this place sometimes.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I watched the stream, dippy. JJP even said the Gobstopper was the main toy.

You do realize there is a mechanism under it that locks balls and turns around and opens a hole up to a subway ...?

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It may look disappointing to some collectors here, but I bet that thing will print money in the right spot

No question- but that’s a lot of printing to recoupe.

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

So, 50% of JJP’s lineup is tied to kids movies. There is a Trudeau design joke in there somewhere.
But, seriously, how about a theme with some edge. My 12 year old watched the Black Knight reveal for an hour. He looked at the Wonka video and went back to watching Iron Man in anticipation of Endgame.

DI has selfies and emoticons and Hobbit is a kids book. By my count all 5 JJP are kinda kid themes. Seems like they are purposely staying in the family friendly niche. Toy Story rumored. I'd like to see them finally tackle a mature theme as well.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

My favorite part of the Twitch chat is all the sane, non-pinball people who wandered in and are incredulous that ANYONE would spend 12 grand on a pinball machine.

Oh for sure. Haha
It’s a common WTF for non-pinheads

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You do realize there is a mechanism under it that locks balls and turns around and opens a hole up to a subway ...?

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm sold! I'm buying 12!

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm sold! I'm buying 12!

O yea but your precious black knight has one thing on it that spins and blocks the ball lmao... typical stern fan boy...and one ramp lol

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

No question- but that’s a lot of printing to recoupe.

It certainly is

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

seriously? Take that BK garbage somewhere else - that game is an absolute snoozer

Totally agree. I think Walmart sells it now.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh for sure. Haha
It’s a common WTF for non-pinheads

I consider myself a pinhead, albeit one of modest means. 12.5K is definitely WTF to me. I was into pinball way before “10 K by Christmas” was the running joke in these parts.

#394 4 years ago

Im really disappointed. The best thing about the movie is the slightly evil edge it had. That has all been removed. I have yet to see one of the kids demises represented. No violet turning violet. No chocolate river. No boat ride footage. Ive never been so disappointed to save so much money.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O yea but your precious black knight has one thing on it that spins and blocks the ball lmao... typical stern fan boy...and one ramp lol

So true. Stern giving a Zizzle a run for its money.

#397 4 years ago

“Expectation is the root of all heartache”

Can’t tell from a stream, gotta play it in person.

#398 4 years ago

So Stern Premium, but priced significantly higher?

$7500 is essentially Stern Premium pricing now.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

DI has selfies and emoticons and Hobbit is a kids book. By my count all 5 JJP are kinda kid themes. Seems like they are purposely staying in the family friendly niche. Toy Story rumored. I'd like to see them finally tackle a mature theme as well.

Then JJP Guns and Roses will be for you this fall. Hopefully they're back to fully hand-drawn art and not this photoshop crap.

#400 4 years ago

$5500 for black knight pro and $7200 for wonka standard instead of the wonka ce

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
12,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/8?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.