letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yea thats how I got my first CV for $1800 CAN

Yeah, there were a TON of NIB CV's that had to be dumped back then, and they were going CHEAP.

#302 5 years ago

Oooooph!

My wallet is safe.

That's the most ANNOYING and AMATEURISH audio package I've ever heard on a modern pin. Canned slot machine sound FX. MIDI boring music. Sporadic voice clips that don't really seem to correspond to much of anything. Did they get this guy from Zen pinball? Without David Theil, the audio suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Boring Photoshop art. What happened to JJP's intial mantra of HAND DRAWN ART?!?! Stern took that and ran....and now Wonka looks like a 2006 Photoshopped Stern. Yousi just took the style guide and plopped it. Looks awful.

It's a Lawlor, probably plays great...but the aesthetics destroy it. PASS.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Kid multiball but no Oompa Loompa multiball. They are the best thing in the movie. Maybe they will get a wizard mode.
The movie was targeted at adults and kids, but so far not seeing any adult edge.

No oompa loompa multiball would be a huge oversight.

#304 5 years ago

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but what's the pricing on the standard.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No, they said:
Features that change gameplay.
The Ball lock feature is still there... Kinda... It's just software.

It's a mech that interacts with the ball, and it's missing from the Standard. That's a first for JJP. No sweat, Stern does it too. It's just the way it has to be to lower the BOM sometimes.

#306 5 years ago

Standard is 7500

#307 5 years ago

It’s really nice

I’m just not feeling the “greatest game ever” thing

LCD is a bore so far. Wilder sang the boat song but no video?

#308 5 years ago

Probably shouldn't be purchasing a pinball as an investment opportunity.. That being said how many different "limited " or "special " wizard of Oz machines are they up to now? Even at 5k units for a limited Edition who's to say 6 months down the line they come out with the limited edition Johnny Depp edition?

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Easy decision... BLACK KNIGHT!

Wonka standard and bksor premium are the same price. For your own good please decide when you are sober!

Anybody please paste here the “you lose/good day sir” meme

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$2k difference from standard to LE, but there’s not much added to the le. Mostly cosmetic, shaker, invisiglass and the super ball lock. Seems kind of a steep jump to the le.

External sound control is not in the basic one as well

#311 5 years ago

I must admit that I’m a little disappointed. It looks a bit thin. Like a Dialed-in lite or something. There is so much from the movie that they could’ve done in regard to playfield design, toys and gimmicks etc. But then again, The Hobbit looked disappointing until I played it and it fast became one of my favorite pins.

#312 5 years ago

Nice job of WAAAAAAAY overhyping this game Kaneda! Nothing special here at all, its just ok at best. No way would i buy one.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So I’ve watched an hour of the stream, and here’s the issue:
It’s Willy Wonka, but it SOUNDS like I’m playing Wizard Of Oz. Where’s the music?
W. T. F.

That's what I was thinking

#315 5 years ago

Did I hear them say the code was only 40% complete??

#316 5 years ago

Still way more to it than BK (one ramp), how it possible that BK has only one ramp?

#317 5 years ago

I was thinking about selling my MBLE to get this game. But it doesn't seem like there are many toys compared to WOZ. I was hoping for a decked out game like woz. So much ip to work with. Game looks fun but not really anything new.

#318 5 years ago

So, 50% of JJP’s lineup is tied to kids movies. There is a Trudeau design joke in there somewhere.

But, seriously, how about a theme with some edge. My 12 year old watched the Black Knight reveal for an hour. He looked at the Wonka video and went back to watching Iron Man in anticipation of Endgame.

#319 5 years ago

Never ride the hype train, it will always let you down,

I had zero interest in WW theme, now it's -1

#320 5 years ago

Either way might keep my STLE and skip this (Wonka) or that (BK).

#321 5 years ago

........................................... I still wanna play it before I judge it.

#322 5 years ago

Allow me an uneducated synopsis:

Willy Wonka is a game as great as Dialed In! but it's a license K likes, so it is the best game evarr and the resurgence of the "a dark day for Stern" thread (also featured by Special When Lit) since this will change EVERYTHING forever to come (while I see 'just' JJP5)!!!

Is this about right?

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

So, 50% of JJP’s lineup is tied to kids movies. There is a Trudeau design joke in there somewhere.
But, seriously, how about a theme with some edge. My 12 year old watched the Black Knight reveal for an hour. He looked at the Wonka video and went back to watching Iron Man in anticipation of Endgame.

Next theme is The Wiggles.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

You definitely see a difference in the factory cultures in these two games. They're both "old white man" themes. One is from an old kick ass metal rocker. One is from an old sentimental cheese ball.

BK3 definitely is more exciting looking, IMO.

#325 5 years ago

Kid Multiball? It just sounds so uninspiring.... And the audio was definitely a low point of the game.

Rob

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Kid Multiball? It just sounds so uninspiring.... And the audio was definitely a low point of the game.
Rob

Right?! KID MULTIBALL...KID. GTFO!!!!!

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Either way might keep my STLE and skip this (Wonka) or that (BK).

Keep your STLE under almost all circumstances!

#328 5 years ago

Music makes me think candy crush. Looks fun and all but don't what brought all the hype. Guess code is early because not seeing or hearing much from movie. Love the 4 flippers tho.

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Still way more to it than BK (one ramp), how it possible that BK has only one ramp?

Maybe but BK pro draws you in better than that standard wonka art package.

I get it, pull mechs, competitive price and all but pulling the artwork too?????

#330 5 years ago

A lot of opinions on the reveal tonight.
Im gonna try to head out to MGC tomorrow to flip it!

‪The front page Twitch gods have been kind this evening spiking at almost 12k+ viewers for the reveal!‬

‪All in, this should be hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on the game.‬
‪Being able to have this resource (front page) is huge for our hobby!‬

Well done KevInBuffalo Skipnatty and Buffalo Crew!

#331 5 years ago

Whatever, if it's good they'll make them for a long time like Woz and I can get it anytime. Not ordering Jack.

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Wonka standard and bksor are the same price. For your own good please decide when you are sober!
Anybody please paste here the “you lose/good day sir” meme

Stern entry level Pro ist still 2000$ below.

#333 5 years ago

I've been anticipating this game like crazy (like so many of us), spent most of my day excited for the reveal, already contacted a few places with interest in a CE if all went well, and now I'm just not completely stoked about the game like I thought. It does look fun, and it bites that I can't be there to play it myself tonight, and maybe I'm just feeling a tad letdown because of all of the hype and unrealistic expectations.

I really want an Alien pin and maybe I should just go for that, but I was equally excited to have a WW CE, and knowing how limited the CE is, I'm still torn and feel like the finished product may be better than what we've seen and possibly live up to expectations. I've got to have at least an LE if I get one because it's all about Gene Wilder and he isn't even on the standard edition artwork really (pretty evil tactic by JJP if you ask me). Many of you have been through this before...did previous JJP finished products end up far superior to the reveal prototype models?

#334 5 years ago

So many dbags in this thread. IMO

#335 5 years ago

PinballSTAR is one of JJP's largest distributors... Interested in our email blast with all the info and didn't get one ?

Email Joe [email protected] and we'll send the info to you with easy ordering instructions...

Here's some more pics maybe not posted yet...

Joe

Gobstopper-2 (resized).jpgGobstopper-2 (resized).jpgOompa Loompa-2 (resized).jpgOompa Loompa-2 (resized).jpgScreen-2 (resized).jpgScreen-2 (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_CE (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_CE (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_LE (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_LE (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_SE (resized).jpgWW_Tranlite_SE (resized).jpgWonka LE Playfield (resized).pngWonka LE Playfield (resized).pngWonka%20CE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).pngWonka%20CE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).pngWonka%20LE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).pngWonka%20LE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).pngWonka%20SE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).pngWonka%20SE%20Cabinet%20Right (resized).png
#336 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I've been anticipating this game like crazy (like so many of us), spent most of my day excited for the reveal, already contacted a few places with interest in a CE if all went well, and now I'm just not completely stoked about the game like I thought. It does look fun, and it bites that I can't be there to play it myself tonight, and maybe I'm just feeling a tad letdown because of all of the hype and unrealistic expectations.

I was expecting more, as the buildup (Kenada) was more than anything we have seen before and the game is (IMO) nothing better than Dialed In!

It may be great but it's not like rush to the phone and order it now great.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Right?! KID MULTIBALL...KID. GTFO!!!!!

At least it's not teenager multiball.....

Rob

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

Are you the musician for Wonka? LOL

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was expecting more, as the buildup (Kenada) was more than anything we have seen before and the game is (IMO) nothing better than Dialed In!
It may be great but it's not like rush to the phone and order it now great.

I honestly thought I would have to rush and buy one before they were gone. Now I can't even justify spending 12,500 on the machine and would downgrade to a LE, but that's still quite a bit expensive. I should have just robbed a bank and then this wouldn't even be an issue...stupid morals.

#340 5 years ago

I think it looks amazing, and still think it will be an absolute homerun for JJP.

#341 5 years ago

Sorry, I look at that pin and feels like I am at a friends house and their kids are running around and there is a big fisher play school toy in the middle of the room.

#342 5 years ago

It by no means doesn't look great...it looks awesome, yes, I guess I just wanted more Gene Wilder call-outs and the back glass screen seems to be rather pointless most of the time. I think it would be a blast, I'm torn...I really want it for what it is, but do I? I really hate not being able to play it. I wish the CE/LE weren't available for order until after I got to play it.

Quoted from pinlink:

I think it looks amazing, and still think it will be an absolute homerun for JJP.

#343 5 years ago

Another statement pops to mind...

"One couldn't find anything to criticize in this game"

I think we have proven the opposite.

- Again: I'm sure the game shoots great. I just hate all the hype media (wich was not only K) and myself for remotely believing this BS at the moment.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from SyntheticDavid:

The Dbags will downvote you

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A lot of opinions on the reveal tonight.
Im gonna try to head out to MGC tomorrow to flip it!
‪The front page Twitch gods have been kind this evening spiking at almost 12k+ viewers for the reveal!‬
‪All in, this should be hundreds of thousands of eyeballs on the game.‬
‪Being able to have this resource (front page) is huge for our hobby!‬
Well done kevinbuffalo skipnatty and Buffalo Crew!

wow 12k viewers? That's really impressive.

#346 5 years ago

Am I out of line by saying this is basically the equivalent of a Stern Pro, but priced significantly higher?

#347 5 years ago

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto. I think I've strayed too far from the Project Pin thread!

I thought I'd join in the fun and see what I can never afford. What is this 'NIB' you speak of?

Willy Wonka looks like fun. I think I would get tired of seeing a Everlasting Gobstopper spinning. Can the toy be replaced with a Wonkavator or an Oompa Loompa?

I'm glad to hear that they are thinking about operators. I don't know of a single operator that is looking to buy a new pinball here in Tucson. Most of us are just getting by or operating games that have a better ROI. I sure would like to put one of these on route, and a Black Knight Sword of Rage. Why? Because my clients only want family friendly games and another rock-themed pin just doesn't cut it. Not sure how family friendly Black Knight Sword of Rage (Premium) is, but love the idea of a classic game brought back to life.

There is as lot to like here as an operator, but the price needs to be closer to $5,000 to excite the operators that I know. This price point can be achieved, I think, using new and existing technology to reduce labor costs and simplify the manufacturing process. I won't go into some of my 'crazy' ideas and spoil the party, but the opportunities are there for a pinball company that wants to think out of the box. Some of the whiz-bang would have to go, but operators care about coin drop and most pinball customers are first drawn to the theme, and much later to the rules and play. Customers old enough to remember will certainly be drawn to Willy Wonka.

Good job Jersey Jack Pinball! Now, how do I get a Golden Ticket so I can afford one of these beauties? It's just the kind of pin that I would like to route.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

External sound control is not in the basic one as well

I don’t need that. Shaker and invisiglass are worthy upgrades. I don’t know what the ball lock mech is, but I’ll assume its desirable. The plaque and powder aren’t worth Much to me. Besides, would have rather had a chocolate powder coat color, not clear why you’d choose blue.

If these games all play exactly the same, less the ball lock, it’s hard to make the jump...I don’t know, need to think on this one, play and see it before making a judgment.

Am I reading that chart right, 5000 LE??? Why even call it an LE.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern entry level Pro ist still 2000$ below.

Talking about the premium. You can’t compare a stern pro with a jjp. That’s blasphemy.

However, thanks for pointing out. Will edit my previous post

#350 5 years ago

Looks fast but I'm a little sad...great title and designer but a little uninspired. The mystery machine toy idea has been done before on CV but even better, The captive ball is FGY, the ball lock is TSPP, wonka vision is eh...no toy, upper flipper like monopoly. Man we all had high hopes but I think it's a cost cutting measure game. WOZ such a more creative design but now cutting ybr woz...sounds like stern move 5yrs ago with their games. wanted to be my first nib but now...what happened can it get better with revisions? This is only my opinion but I love toy mechanics on games and feeling like they were skipped on this one which had sooo many possibilities!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/7?hl=jerryuop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.