letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

We have a preorder list if you would like to join it. PM me.

crickets.gifcrickets.gif
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know if this is a standard or wide body? Looks like a standard.

Standard body.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pat has run out of creative gas and is now in recycle mode.

lol no Pat was put on a budget just like with Stern

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

But without any relation to the license Wonka seems less interresting than Dialed In to me.

I saw the movie as a kid and understand that people like it, but I just can’t imagine liking any movie so much that I’d want to see scenes from it over and over again in a pinball machine. I too would prefer an unlicensed theme.

For mega fans of the movie however, this probably looks fantastic. It certainly has more in it than a Stern.

#255 4 years ago

"You'll never want to play any other game ever again!" - K

Yeah, right... -_-;

I think everyone set expecrations so high (10.000 Viewers!!!) this game can't possibly deliver.

#256 4 years ago

I think that the feature that Kaneda was talking about is the camera. It seems to be in the camera molding by the Oompa Loompa and I think it can move. Maybe that is something new ? Maybe it makes movies of your best shots ??

#257 4 years ago

Feature Matrix

ED8A35BB-8146-4014-8D83-03319E79C080 (resized).jpegED8A35BB-8146-4014-8D83-03319E79C080 (resized).jpeg
#258 4 years ago

$2k difference from standard to LE, but there’s not much added to the le. Mostly cosmetic, shaker, invisiglass and the super ball lock. Seems kind of a steep jump to the le.

#259 4 years ago

Definitely have to play it, but the hype train had me thinking this was going to be beyond belief epic. It looks fun, but I'm probably out... The LCD is the biggest disappointment when compared to DI. Damn. I was looking forward to my second JJP unboxing!

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

$2k difference from standard to LE, but there’s not much added to the le. Mostly cosmetic, shaker, invisiglass and the super ball lock. Seems kind of a steep jump to the le.

Do not forget the Wonkavator ball lock on the backpanel.

#261 4 years ago

*I'm having an epileptic seizure right now*

#262 4 years ago

JJP messed up the reveal, because I think a lot more is in this game than is being shown. We haven't even seen a thing about the camera integration yet.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP messed up the reveal, because I think a lot more is in this game than is being shown. We haven't even seen a thing about the camera integration yet.

Will the camera be as much fun as the implementation from DI? LOL.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

but I just can’t imagine liking any movie so much that I’d want to see scenes from it over and over again in a pinball machine.

What clips though? It doesn't seem to have any of substance. Loose film integration at best. People seem to be hoping that movie clip/audio integration just "isn't in the code yet" - one would hope, but that certainly wasn't the case for Pirates. They didn't have the rights for any of that...

#265 4 years ago

magnet near upper left flipper, holds ball for a later shot.

#266 4 years ago

Standard model only has the title on the cab and backglass an no pic of Gene Wilder whatsoever?!

#267 4 years ago

I think it looks great! Ya’ll hyped this up so much that short of it doing back flips and jacking you off it had no chance.

#268 4 years ago

Is it just me or does the standard look like the one to get? 2k less and what do you lose? ball lock?

#269 4 years ago
ezgif-1-2409bb8e26fc (resized).pngezgif-1-2409bb8e26fc (resized).png
#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Feature Matrix
[quoted image]

Only 5000 LEs? LOL.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

and jacking you off

Well, we haven't seen all the features yet.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well put - I was literally just thinking the same. I might go standard.....2k less is a lot.

#273 4 years ago

Love that JJP finally put some value in the Standard edition! I predict they'll sell more standards than LE and CE combined. LE is the nicest looking model. I could see JJP struggling to sell 500 CE's. Just not enough value for the money.

Overall the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

[quoted image]

seriously? Take that BK garbage somewhere else - that game is an absolute snoozer

#275 4 years ago

It looks great, it really does.

#276 4 years ago

All models of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory™ pinball include four flippers, six balls, a captive ball, seven magnets, the Everlasting Gobstopper™, the Most Secret Machine™, Oompa Loompa™ camera sculpture, 7” Wonkavision™ LCD, a 27” HD LCD screen with interactive 3D animations, and candy-colored LED light shows. Gameplay features four multiballs, collecting Wonka Bars™, spelling Scrumdiddlyumptious™, touring Wonka’s Factory™, and a host of other goodies to lead you down the chocolate river to three wizard modes, including Pure Imagination™. Scenes and dialogue from the original 1971 film directed by Mel Stuart, starring Gene Wilder, are showcased bringing this exciting theme to life.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Didn’t JJP say they’d never ship games missing features??? I seem to remember that from years ago

#278 4 years ago

Yes, seriously... sorry.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

lol no Pat was put on a budget just like with Stern

Well, let's be real. It's not "JUST LIKE" with Stern. Stern's PLD budget was like $1.98. He clearly has more latitude (and a MUCH larger budget) with JJP - they still have the headphone jack in the crappy location and they let him try and fail over and over to make a decent hole protector for Dialed In because he thought he could do it better than a Cliffy (he couldn't). No, from what they revealed TODAY, this looks like a creative out-of-gas situation. I'll reserve final judgment until I flip it.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Didn’t JJP say they’d never ship games missing features??? I seem to remember that from years ago

They do now. This is a new policy.

#281 4 years ago

I need more Gene in this game - not hearing him enough. Not a big fan of the generic narrator.....

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think that the feature that Kaneda was talking about is the camera. It seems to be in the camera molding by the Oompa Loompa and I think it can move. Maybe that is something new ? Maybe it makes movies of your best shots ??

That would be cool. Why aren't they showing THAT?

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The only constant is change.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If I were to get this title, I’d go standard. Save $2000 and still have basically the same pin. Hard to justify the price jump and I don’t care about a number or being limited.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I need more Gene in this game - not hearing him enough. Not a big fan of the generic narrator.....

in the steam someone said there will be lots of Wilder call outs

#286 4 years ago

Can't see , does it have drop targets

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If I were to get this title, I’d go standard. Save $2000 and still have basically the same pin. Hard to justify the price jump and I don’t care about a number or being limited.

5k is not limited, so there's no worrying about that.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be cool. Why aren't they showing THAT?

Because JJP can't reveal games to save their lives. They should have had the glass off and demonstrated all the features before just turning it over to the crowd to brick on.

#289 4 years ago

This feels like a bit of a letdown. Where’s the purple cabinet? Movie call outs? Over the top toys? Dunno, looks like another pinball machine to me....

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because JJP can't reveal games to save their lives. They should have had the glass off and demonstrated all the features before just turning it over to the crowd to brick on.

They are remarkably bad at presentations. Even some of their biggest cheerleaders admit this.

#291 4 years ago

This looks like a winner for JJP, but the playfield artwork isn't doing much for me. The cab isn't much better, either.

#292 4 years ago

R L R L R R L
to start Blood Red multiball off plunge.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

No, they said:
Features that change gameplay.

The Ball lock feature is still there... Kinda... It's just software.

#294 4 years ago

What exactly is Ghe Wonkavatir Ball lock that is on the LE?
It would be nice if Lawlor would take us through a tour of the game with close up video like SDTM does

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

[quoted image]

Given that the oompa loompas were originally black slaves makes that even more ironic.

#296 4 years ago

Kid multiball but no Oompa Loompa multiball. They are the best thing in the movie. Maybe they will get a wizard mode.
The movie was targeted at adults and kids, but so far not seeing any adult edge.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

History repeats itself. The irony is they cut jjPotCLE short to get this on the line and it looks less compelling than jjPotC. Kind of like when they cut Medieval Madness production short to rush the new hotness Cirqus Voltaire on the Bally/Williams line, and ended up clearancing the CV because MM is all people wanted.

Yea thats how I got my first CV for $1800 CAN

#298 4 years ago

....... sorry .... The Wonkavator Ball Lock !

#299 4 years ago

So I’ve watched an hour of the stream, and here’s the issue:

It’s Willy Wonka, but it SOUNDS like I’m playing Wizard Of Oz. Where’s the music?

W. T. F.

#300 4 years ago

Can't say it is living up to all of the hype. What is so "bar setting" about this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
12,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/6?hl=ltrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.