letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 29.
#201 5 years ago

Looks fun!

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just realized the standard is $100 more than Oktoberfest.
API...rut-roooooh.

RIP oktoberfest

#203 5 years ago

It’s uh cute

#204 5 years ago

History repeats itself. The irony is they cut jjPotCLE short to get this on the line and it looks less compelling than jjPotC. Kind of like when they cut Medieval Madness production short to rush the new hotness Cirqus Voltaire on the Bally/Williams line, and ended up clearancing the CV because MM is all people wanted.

#205 5 years ago

Looks great, like the design.
Wonka is not a great theme in Europa just like ribion.
But home collectors don't care.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

So, when Kaneda spouted off about it not being like anything you've ever seen before and blowing everything away for essentially all of eternity, what exactly did he mean by that?

He meant that he was given a very deep discount on one. There is absolutely nothing mind-blowing about this game. Sure, it may be fun - but it's no where near the hype. There's nothing amazing about the game, that's for sure.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Easy decision... BLACK KNIGHT!

Not sure you have enough room for BKSOR..... You could always sell me your White Water.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not sure you have enough room for BKSOR..... You could always sell me your White Water.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just realized the standard is $100 more than Oktoberfest.
API...rut-roooooh.

This game seems like really bad news for AP.

#210 5 years ago

4 multiballs, 3 are stackable, wonkanator is standalone multiball not stackable. virtual lock for wonkanator MB on standard, physical mech on higher models. Standard body machine.

#211 5 years ago

I sure miss Gene Wilder. He was one of my dad's favorites. Me too.

#212 5 years ago

Standard art on side cabinet is very disappointing.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thats funny as shit. Lmao.

#214 5 years ago

Are all the people who get to play Wonka first shills for JJP? How about some dissent? It would be cool to seem someone approach the game and say, "Ya, it's cool and all, but a little bit underwhelming compared to what I was expecting." But what do I know? Maybe they all think that it is the greatest game ever.

#215 5 years ago

I guess I need to order a new Black Knight. This JJP game is not for me. Way over hyped.

#216 5 years ago

Game looks pretty cool but right now I'm very glad I bought a Pirates LE. Need to see much more and ultimately play.

#217 5 years ago

Dink..Dink..Do Pee Doop.

#218 5 years ago

May be great game but don’t see anything really new. Certainly nothing revolutionary. Hype was too much.

I’m usually LE buyer but standard looks like best deal. Side art is unbelievably plain so just won’t put on the end.

#219 5 years ago

Sooooo...do they have the rights for any substantial movie clips or main actor voices? All I see so far is brief non dialogue 3 second transitions from the film very sparingly. Otherwise its a lightly animated mostly static background. It feels like another crippled license like Pirates - which had no main actor videos or voice, no soundtrack. Its a weird situation to be in when you have a gigantic LCD to fill and a movie license.

#222 5 years ago

How much did they pay Kaneda?

#223 5 years ago

So does anyone have a clue what Kaneda was referring when he said there was a mind-blowing new toy/feature in the game?

#224 5 years ago

They are stripping mechs that interact with the ball for the standard. That's a first for JJP.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

So does anyone have a clue what Kaneda was referring when he said there was a mind-blowing new toy/feature in the game?

No idea. Underwhelming.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

He meant that he was given a very deep discount on one. There is absolutely nothing mind-blowing about this game. Sure, it may be fun - but it's no where near the hype. There's nothing amazing about the game, that's for sure.

I don't know about that. I'm not saying that it's beyond the realm of possibility. However, when I suggested that he SHOULD have received a discount for the endless slurping, I got tons of "thumbs down". So, I wasn't sure if people disagreed that he should get a discount, disagreed that he was slurping on the game, or that my assertion was simply ridiculous.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Sooooo...do they have the rights for any substantial movie clips or main actor voices? All I see so far is brief non dialogue 3 second transitions from the film very sparingly. Otherwise its a lightly animated mostly static background. It feels like another crippled license like Pirates - which had no main actor videos or voice, no soundtrack. Its a weird situation to be in when you have a gigantic LCD to fill and a movie license.

That would be disappointing, but jjPirates is fantastic in spite of this due to excellent 3D work on the visuals integrated perfectly with the theme. The Wonka reveal video has audio clips, but you can't tell if it's coming from the game or added in the editing. I wouldn't be too worried about the license, I'm more concerned that Pat has run out of creative gas and is now in recycle mode.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Never make me agree with you... on anything! Haha.

Easy decision? But the build quality is a joke ! Lockdown is straight up cheap

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Kaneda has no clue what he is talking about - ever...he just blusters and says whatever it takes for clicks. Not sure why people let him get them worked up in any direction.

#230 5 years ago

There's a GD GOBSTOPPPER - and it SPINS!!

#231 5 years ago

Is this a wide body?

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Best. Mech. Ever.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Maybe they dropped a little Orange Sunshine in his beverage before he played. It has happened before. The Atari Jaguar got rave reviews from one magazine because they had been dosed with acid before reviewing it. Should have know when they were going on about the colors. If it's good enough for James Brown, it's good enough for Kaneda.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

There was a GD HOUSE WITH WITCH UNDER IT in WoZ - and it SPINS!!

#235 5 years ago
paulblart1 (resized).jpgpaulblart1 (resized).jpg
#236 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

So, when Kaneda spouted off about it not being like anything you've ever seen before and blowing everything away for essentially all of eternity, what exactly did he mean by that?

Only Pinball game riding in a Dodge Demon?

Game looks nice. JJP is definately not cheapskating and I wish Stern would pack as much cool stuff in their games. But without any relation to the license Wonka seems less interresting than Dialed In to me.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

There was a GD HOUSE WITH WITCH UNDER IT in WoZ - and it SPINS!!

Spins and a part of opens plus it's just 1 of handful of interactive toys.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Kaneda has no clue what he is talking about - ever...he just blusters and says whatever it takes for clicks. Not sure why people let him get them worked up in any direction.

It really seems like it. Hope his followers really lay into him for what seems like some really questionable comments. "feature that is going to blow your socks off!" ... Where is this feature?!

#239 5 years ago

Theres alot going on.... 4 flippers, 3 ramps,2-3 magnets, camera, lcds, multiple ball locks, ton of rgb lighting and whatever that gob stopper mech does..... plus all the normal stuff. Looks like a neat layout with tons of shots. I think it will be great once its all polished.

#240 5 years ago

Wow innovative HOLE in the playfield ! and a back wall mech that looks like my uncle made ..

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Spins and a part of opens plus it's just 1 of handful of interactive toys.

The house was on it's own effing playfield with a flipper on it an it landed on the witch. Sorry but that was 8 years ago and it was better than this.

#242 5 years ago

Glad I picked up pirates. Eagerly awaiting Toy Story. Never been a lawlor fan anyhow.

#243 5 years ago

I'm liking it. Reminds me of Alien with the upper left and top right shots.

Might shoot a little too much like ALIEN up top....hmmmm

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

"feature that is going to blow your socks off!" ... Where is this feature?!

It doesn’t exist.

#245 5 years ago

Sounds like a slot machine, animations are boring, art is lazy, don't see any interesting toys or mechs. Shots look alright but nothing special. I give this game shrug/10

#246 5 years ago

Someone finally got a multiball, slugworth MB. Pinball Howard!

#247 5 years ago

This stream had me throwin Slayer on immediately.

#248 5 years ago

We have a preorder list if you would like to join it. PM me.

#249 5 years ago

Anyone know if this is a standard or wide body? Looks like a standard.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know if this is a standard or wide body? Looks like a standard.

Standard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/5?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.