letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes and no. Yes, it is always nice to get everything done by the factory, but on the no side, the cost is very high between the two models. $2k is a lot of money for the added options on the LE.
I need to see these games in person to decide which I want. I hated the MBr CE and moved to the SE, which I love. Want to make sure I don't make the same mistake on this one.
And yes, I always do this with cars too. Bought a Honda pilot recently, put running boards on myself, saved $600 took 1 hour to install.

It's all relative, some people are at an income level where $2k is not a lot of money - that's why I said it's a personal decision and sort of worthless to argue with others. I buy my cars loaded and add nothing - just don't want to be bothered and would rather have all the options under the factory warranty. But, I understand why others don't and would not argue that's a wrong decision for them.

#1002 4 years ago

Time is money.

#1003 4 years ago

Dupe post...

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Think or know? How many powder jobs have you gotten done of late?
This is at least a 11 piece job... plus all the bolts. plus you would normally source new siderails verse fighting the stainless and have to be picky in the lockdown bar. It’s not no $100 job... people doing it in their garage aren’t even that cheap.

Guy near me does everything for a game for $100
I paid $100 for all these fish tale parts, he said he had to charge me $100 because it was his minimum...if I had a few more parts it would have still been $100... his work is good as well

5c1805cc960e3a79581100886f36bb5d4e817409 (resized).jpg5c1805cc960e3a79581100886f36bb5d4e817409 (resized).jpg
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wonder how many folks had a similar reaction.

I will say though that I'm almost certain about buying a standard bc it looks like a better themed DI with a sprinkle of WoZ magic.

Exactly how I felt. You nailed it.

#1006 4 years ago

Some pictures form MGC this weekend

098F4BA1-02BC-45BC-BCB2-2859AC2B2DFE (resized).jpeg098F4BA1-02BC-45BC-BCB2-2859AC2B2DFE (resized).jpeg27D31B9F-A542-418B-B38D-1C3170EF9780 (resized).jpeg27D31B9F-A542-418B-B38D-1C3170EF9780 (resized).jpeg6F82A8D8-B071-43D0-B6A8-DCEDA0C73C04 (resized).jpeg6F82A8D8-B071-43D0-B6A8-DCEDA0C73C04 (resized).jpeg4D48D897-AD2D-4760-84D8-76E4F8CDA4D6 (resized).jpeg4D48D897-AD2D-4760-84D8-76E4F8CDA4D6 (resized).jpegF0562280-FF55-4B61-AD15-9C4B19EEDF56 (resized).jpegF0562280-FF55-4B61-AD15-9C4B19EEDF56 (resized).jpeg73F71FE2-46AC-47B4-B0A7-5CBE516F3DCB (resized).jpeg73F71FE2-46AC-47B4-B0A7-5CBE516F3DCB (resized).jpegEAF40548-6DB5-4518-ACDC-A36E70F63E02 (resized).jpegEAF40548-6DB5-4518-ACDC-A36E70F63E02 (resized).jpegD8CE4E4B-3DBE-44CA-8E49-2632B9CB8892 (resized).jpegD8CE4E4B-3DBE-44CA-8E49-2632B9CB8892 (resized).jpegFE0AC5F7-6D66-4D80-9F4B-8607EB9BF528 (resized).jpegFE0AC5F7-6D66-4D80-9F4B-8607EB9BF528 (resized).jpeg9A8C0FB6-D5F7-4AA6-B317-33779F9DC783 (resized).jpeg9A8C0FB6-D5F7-4AA6-B317-33779F9DC783 (resized).jpegC9FF2718-8EB4-4ACB-A185-8FB3C30DF2E7 (resized).jpegC9FF2718-8EB4-4ACB-A185-8FB3C30DF2E7 (resized).jpeg
#1007 4 years ago
48A47845-F31F-43E6-BCF4-4F1FCD2AC5CF (resized).jpeg48A47845-F31F-43E6-BCF4-4F1FCD2AC5CF (resized).jpeg
#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Now that I've seen it that expectation not being met definitely stung a little which is why I'm not overly impressed.

I'm with you delt, there was a slight letdown that there wasn't something really super innovative mechanically after hearing K's comments. The big toy is essentially a slimmed down ToM trunk, which just happens to be my 1st or 2nd favorite mech/toy in a game, so no harm/foul there. The Wonkavision is cool for sure, my family will get a big kick out of it, but it doesn't impact gameplay. Hoping those captures get integrated into a mode or something.

The total package on this one is so appealing, the shots, the flow, the colors and lights, physical ball lock, etc that the let down wasn't that big of a deal and I still put my order in. Really hoping they do more with movie assets, watched it again last night and there are so many great lines / clips they could add.

For me, this game has magic, that undefinable thing that each of us knows when we see it, but is hard to describe. For me K did nail one piece of his description that I thought, if it has this then I'm close to sold. He said the game would be like a trip to Disney, and that's absolutely the vibe I get.

#1009 4 years ago

I know I'm a Dialed In fan and, yes, I do realize the code is not complete, but for some reason the game doesn't seem very deep. The multiballs seems attainable which is fun in a family setting or those approaching the game for the first time. Is there a goal to achieve? Been watching the streams at length but I may have missed something. At this point, I don't see what this offers over Dialed In. Theme is awesome but it comes to a draw between the two games for me due to translation.

#1010 4 years ago

What I am surprised about given the theme and the fact Lawlor is involved (and did TZ) that there is no multicoloured pinball in the game, a gobstopper ball if you will.

#1011 4 years ago

Lol, looking at the pics above and going back to some older posts, the outrage over the spelling on the ramp decal needs to take a chill pill. Those machines are clearly marked as "sample games" and even between two of the models on the floor, it looks already caught and corrected.
(See bottom of left ramp - "Gobbstopper" vs. omitted)
WONKA1 (resized).pngWONKA1 (resized).png
WONKA2 (resized).pngWONKA2 (resized).png

What I think is more interesting is whether they already heard some internal feedback about the bland standard cabinet art as unless the one on the left isn't a standard (it does have black armor and SS wireforms to suggest it is), it shows Gene's face. Perhaps they just didn't have time to hire a photographer to take revised photos for the brochure/flyers. Fingers crossed.
WONKA3 (resized).pngWONKA3 (resized).png

#1012 4 years ago

Great observation on the Standard Edition cabinet artwork Yoko2una! I too hope to see Gene’s face on the final version.

#1013 4 years ago

Maybe JJP are using reverse psychology and will actually add a new mech on the production game - our minds would be blown!!

Can't wait to tune into Kaneda's next podcast to hear him justify his overreaction, idiot...

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Great observation on the Standard Edition cabinet artwork Yoko2una! I too hope to see Gene’s face on the final version.

The games at MGC were a mix match of parts. There were No CE models there only red armor and back glass on random machines. Also from what I seen All games standard, LE, and other all had the LE cabinet art displayed on all models. I think that’s why they had so many “this is a prototype “ stickers everywhere. A bit confusing to see but the game was great none the less.

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I were to remove the expectation of this game really innovating and having something we've never seen before (thanks kaneda) - I would be very happy. Now that I've seen it that expectation not being met definitely stung a little which is why I'm not overly impressed.

I certainly did. The (once again) botched reveal didn't help either. I commend JJP for keeping the game under wraps right up until the reveal but I'm not sure that is the best strategy. I liked how Stern rolled out BK3K (or whatever) with TWIP having in depth coverage ahead of the deadflip stream with the design team. Stern has a reveal strategy that really works. When they bring in deadflip for the stream they always have someone explain the game who can actually make the shots. This seems like a small thing but it adds a lot to the reveal. JJP should have done the same and controlled the stream by showing an overview of the game instead of just a stream of random players.

The game was over hyped, plain and simple ; but I like it enough to want one, down the road. 5000 LE's is laughable. It does, however, allow to make a no-rush decision on which version to purchase.

#1016 4 years ago

I'm eager to see the CE playfield art, I hope we hear something this week on when that may be revealed.

#1017 4 years ago

Tough call between used DI LE and Standard Wonka. That will be the big this or that for me.

#1018 4 years ago

Better pic of all 3

1DB867EC-E35D-4A6D-A379-7879A37FF56F (resized).jpeg1DB867EC-E35D-4A6D-A379-7879A37FF56F (resized).jpeg
#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Can't wait to tune into Kaneda's next podcast to hear him justify his overreaction, idiot...

then his plan is working perfectly. i, on the other hand, can’t wait to continue my trend of not listening to him speak at all.

#1020 4 years ago

The house/factory was different on some models, all the SE had a candy store and the one or two LE had it also but most of the LE and all of the CE had the Wonka Factory

2C3D4AA6-E141-434E-A827-C0B53BCEEEF3 (resized).jpeg2C3D4AA6-E141-434E-A827-C0B53BCEEEF3 (resized).jpeg4D7F0392-1658-40B6-96F7-BB94005389C1 (resized).jpeg4D7F0392-1658-40B6-96F7-BB94005389C1 (resized).jpeg7EC29950-B208-4C50-9852-940AB5C5DCB0 (resized).jpeg7EC29950-B208-4C50-9852-940AB5C5DCB0 (resized).jpegEA272F24-C5FF-4E8F-ABC8-A2016DEE4C93 (resized).jpegEA272F24-C5FF-4E8F-ABC8-A2016DEE4C93 (resized).jpeg
#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I were to remove the expectation of this game really innovating and having something we've never seen before (thanks kaneda) - I would be very happy. Now that I've seen it that expectation not being met definitely stung a little which is why I'm not overly impressed.
I will say though that I'm almost certain about buying a standard bc it looks like a better themed DI with a sprinkle of WoZ magic.
Not sure how they go from that CE POTC topper to the CE Wonka topper unless it's just a placeholder. Chocolate River topper opportunity completely missed.

Probably the biggest let-down for me as well, but it wasn't just Kaneda hyping this thing as "raising the bar" and how others would need to step up their game....so I don't blame him singly. I was really looking forward to some special innovation that never happened. To be honest, I am sure the thrill of being one of the first to see and to play the machine most likely built the experience up in everyone's minds, just like the suspense and countdown to reveal did for folks here on the forum. Even if someone thinks this is the best game ever....we should never take their word and order an 8K pin sight unseen. I love JJP games....I like the Wonka theme....but from what I have seen so far, this is just not for me. maybe it will be in a few months when the code is better, and after I get some plays on one....who knows. Not knocking the pin, just saying we all have different tastes, and maybe my disappointment over the reveal is influencing my opinion....I guess time will tell. I badly want JJP to have another hit like WOZ, so I hope there are still a ton of folks digging the pin.

#1022 4 years ago

Question for those that played it. On the streams you could clearly hear the motor when the gobble hole turned, how loud was that in person? Distracting at all?

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Question for those that played it. On the streams you could clearly hear the motor when the gobble hole turned, how loud was that in person? Distracting at all?

I played it when they moved the machines into the big hall on Saturday, I did not play it Friday when it was revealed in a small conference room. I personally did not notice the motor noise but it was very loud in the hall with 100 other pinball and arcades fired up

#1024 4 years ago

The standard is fairly different than the le without the wonkavator ball lock. I can see where they saved a bunch of money to get the cost to where it is. The ramp don't go back behind the backboard and will definitely shoot little differently as its much steeper. Also lots of lights not there . I wonder how it does the virtual locks? .regardless still alot of pin there for the price and nice for jjp to offer it. d6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpgd6153900ebd74653df02a20444d98ba6e047c55a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#1025 4 years ago

All that hype of everyone that got to play the game before the general public just shows me that no matter how much that everyone says that they are not being influenced by being treated otherwise or as "insiders" it really does influence almost everyone's opinion.

It just does. When you get asked to come to see a game early that makes you feel special and when you get to talk to the guys that make the machines, it makes you feel special. It happened to all of them.

What I find hilarious is that Kaneda always brags about being such a marketing guru and now he has fallen for the marketing trick of JJP and he does not even know it. The game is just another pinball machine. In the podcast just before the reveal he ranted about WONKA being the end-all pinball machine and now he is telling everybody that they should not have expected any wonders from "just" a pinball machine. I think he knows now he has been had.

Do not get me wrong, I always listen to the podcasts of Kaneda and also I was wondering what was so super special about Wonka that he was so excited, but now I know. He just felt special that day and that made the machine also special. Guess what, he's human after all

Disclaimer: this is just how I imagine it must have gone, I was not there with them.

#1026 4 years ago

I can understand why some might be disappointed, but it looks like a great game....has great flow, fun shots, cool toys, great ramps, awesome layout, and personally I love the family friendly theme. These were all prototype machines so I'm sure the production run will be even better. My guess is this will be a great seller for JJP assuming they actually get the games out to market in a timely manner. As with all JJP games the code will be developed to a point that I'm sure will make most happy. JJP does a much better job developing code in a timely manner.

#1027 4 years ago

Did anyone notice any differences in the play fields from SE? Is it missing any inserts,lighting. If the only difference is the wonkavator I think I could live with the SE

#1028 4 years ago

it's really growing on me after I got past the expecting the second coming of pinball
I think I will really be wowed once I flip it

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to agree. The game looks fantastic and I do feel as though we're getting a mix of WOZ and DI in this game which is awesome. The hype was way over the top unfortunately. Hype vs. reality was the biggest let down. I feel as though this game is just part of the natural progression of the company and what we've come to expect from JJP. I don't see anything mind-blowing or game-changing, which is fine. If you put DI and Wonka next to eachother, I don't see this huge leap in innovation from one to another. To me it's DI with a better theme. I'd gladly take one of each.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

then his plan is working perfectly. i, on the other hand, can’t wait to continue my trend of not listening to him speak at all.

It's called sarcasm.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

The house/factory was different on some models, all the SE had a candy store and the one or two LE had it also but most of the LE and all of the CE had the Wonka Factory
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The production version for all 3 models will not be the gumdrops. It's the entrance to the factory where we see Willy Wonka for the first time in the movie.

It's hiding the diverter that drops the ball to the magnet above the upper left flipper (for when you need to hit that shot). I love that they engineered it so you can hit the shot you need to.

I do wish they had something better there, Like a Wonkatania sculpt and that side of the left ramp was the chocolate river. That is probably my only critical feedback on the looks of the game. It just doesn't fit the quality of everything else on there. If you want it to be the factory entrance, make it a sculpt like dorothy's house in woz. Cool diverter, though.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

He said the LCD under the glass showing your photo was innovative and never done before. Come one, man...

#1033 4 years ago

Is Wonkavision with a camera superimposing the player into the LCD screen on the playfield not a new, never before done feature?

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is Wonkavision with a camera superimposing the player into the LCD screen on the playfield not a new, never before done feature?

Since DI takes a picture of the player and displays it on the main display - I don't know if I'd say it's a "new, never before done feature". Instead of displaying it on the main display, it's displaying it on the playfield one. Not that big of a change.

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

All that hype of everyone that got to play the game before the general public just shows me that no matter how much that everyone says that they are not being influenced by being treated otherwise or as "insiders" it really does influence almost everyone's opinion.
It just does. When you get asked to come to see a game early that makes you feel special and when you get to talk to the guys that make the machines, it makes you feel special. It happened to all of them.
What I find hilarious is that Kaneda always brags about being such a marketing guru and now he has fallen for the marketing trick of JJP and he does not even know it. The game is just another pinball machine. In the podcast just before the reveal he ranted about WONKA being the end-all pinball machine and now he is telling everybody that they should not have expected any wonders from "just" a pinball machine. I think he knows now he has been had.
Do not get me wrong, I always listen to the podcasts of Kaneda and also I was wondering what was so super special about Wonka that he was so excited, but now I know. He just felt special that day and that made the machine also special. Guess what, he's human after all
Disclaimer: this is just how I imagine it must have gone, I was not there with them.

Yup, making people feel special is the oldest sales trick in the book!

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure how they go from that CE POTC topper to the CE Wonka topper unless it's just a placeholder. Chocolate River topper opportunity completely missed.

Oh well.

#1037 4 years ago

In the interview with Pat Lawlor, he said the new mech he created for the game was the rotating gobble hole. This is under the gobstopper and rotates and opens when the pad is hit to reveal to gobble hole.

Quoted from JodyG:

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't follow you..
Invisglass is ~300.. Shaker ~100.. headphone kit ~$40.. powdercoated legs, lockdown, siderails, and hinges would run you 450+ just themselves. That's likely $900.. And then you're paying for the different art and mech.. and the LE "premium".

If you are being changed $450 to powder coat, then you need to find a new powder coater.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

K said the “most secret machine“ toy underneath of the spinning never-ending gobstopper was the new innovation in pinball that he’d never seen before. He was amazed that there was a toy that would spin around and reveal a gobble hole for you to shoot into after you hit it enough times. The chest on TOM does exactly what this toy does.

We’ve had LCD screens in games too. There was an LCD in Dialed In, in Houdini, and most recently POTC.
The Wonkavator appears to be very similar to couch Multiball on TSPP.

I pictured this game being vastly different from what was presented. I’ll admit, I got bit by the hype too. It wasn’t just K responsible though, it was almost every ‘pinball insider’ that got an early peek. But I would’ve rather they kept quiet and not said anything at all until after the release. K swore up and down that this game ‘looked like the Wonka Factory’ from 3 feet, 8 feet, and 15 feet away...where is the river, why aren’t the pop bumpers capped like the trees/mushrooms (or even gummy bears), where is the Wonkatania boat sculpt? K said this was loaded with incredible 3D sculpts...that oompa lumpa sculpt fell off not even 2 minutes into playing it at the reveal. The cabinet artwork on the Standard was nothing but a logo. Personally, I thought the most confusing aspect of the Wonka reveal was the mish-mash crossing of parts between the models and I was left to use my ‘pure imagination’ of what features were exactly on which model. Yes, I looked up the model matrix, but the display machines at the reveal seemed to be parted together in haste just to get something on the floor. The standard doesn’t have that, this is an LE, but only the CE will have that artwork/armor, and the CE will have that (insert feature), while the LE that’s here today will not have that (insert feature), it’s not gonna be ‘brat multiball’ but actually ‘kid multiball’...it was confusing.

Why isn’t there isn’t a chocolate river mech with a saucer you shoot into and the ball gets VUK into a pipe (Augustus Gloop)? Why isn’t there a mode where you eventually hit a ball up a ramp, it gets held by a magnet for a second, the arrow tells me if it’s a good/bad egg, and then it’s dropped downward like Veruca Salt? The character, Violet, loved chewing gum...missed opportunity to have a physical gumball machine (TZ) that releases a blueberry ceramic gumball into play.

And sheesh...what is the deal with the oompa lumpas during the match sequence placing their heads into eachother’s crotches like Chinese acrobats? They couldn’t have just had an animation of someone unwrapping a Wonka bar?

I really do hope it’s a successful title for JJP as I think they’re great for pinball. Wonka looks like a fun machine to shoot, but I can’t see it lasting in my collection because the theme is just too kiddie for me and I think that music is going to drive me crazy at some point. I liked the movie when I was a kid, but it doesn’t resonate with me as an adult. Personally, I don't want my pinball machines playing movie clips just for the sake of having ‘assets’. If you want to watch the movie, watch the movie. I guess if you love the movie, then it’s probably a no-brainer to put this right next to your WOZ.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

If you are being changed $450 to powder coat, then you need to find a new powder coater.

Please share your estimate of costs for
new raw metal side rails and lockbar w/o weld marks
prep and flake powdercoat for
2 x backbox hinges
2 x siderails
1 x lockdown bar
4 x legs
8 x legbolts
x siderail screws
4 x pivot bolts
+ shipping

Because that's what a real job entails. It's not gonna be $100-$200.

#1041 4 years ago

Jesus Christ, can we stop talking about the damn powder coating and how much it costs already?!?

#1042 4 years ago

This game looks terrible

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

it’s not gonna be ‘brat multiball’ but actually ‘kid multiball’

I heard Eric M on the stream say that the game has to get licensing approval from both the movie studio and the Dahl estate. It was Dahl's children that objected to have Brat Multiball and wanted it to be Kid Multiball. He said they pointed out that their dad used the word Brat multiple times in the book at that it's used in the movie but they didn't care and wanted it changed. Weird if you ask me but that's licensing for ya'!

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Guy near me does everything for a game for $100
I paid $100 for all these fish tale parts, he said he had to charge me $100 because it was his minimum...if I had a few more parts it would have still been $100... his work is good as well[quoted image]

My guy would do all that for $75. $100 is most peoples minimum so is still a very fair price.

#1045 4 years ago

Let's move on from powder coat costseg analysis and start exhaustively nitpicking/beat to death something else about the game. We've had a little talk about the 7 magnets, but not a lot.

Has anyone seen/heard much about the other 6 magnets? The working theory is that they are around the small candy/LED inserts and 'subtly influence' the ball path. I've skipped around the Buffalo gameplay stream and can't really see any evidence of this. As somebody mentioned, good chance it hasn't been coded yet.

Let's move on to magnetgate.

#1046 4 years ago

Reading through some of the feedback here I just wanted to add my perspective. My podcast (Special When Lit Pinball Podcast) was invited in to play Wonka before we recorded a panel interview with the design team. I'm sure many of you consider that the opinion that I shared about my experience was "overhype" of the game. In all honesty I may have sounded even more excited about Wonka than Kaneda if you compare the two podcasts and I completely own up to that.

I wanted to apologize for those that associate my extreme excitement for this game as overhype. There is most likely nothing that I can tell you that will change your opinion on that and I completely respect your opinion.

I did want to mention that I don't regret sharing my excitement/opinion of the game. I played this game in a controlled environment and had enough time on the pin that I felt comfortable offering my "first impressions" of the game. I had very personal conversations with the creative team behind the release which gave me a great understanding as to what the game is about. I made the disclaimer on my show that the opinion that I share can only be considered a first impression and I could not comment on the longevity of that opinion on the game until I had owned the game for a while.

I've had early pinball access to other releases before they have gone public so Wonka was not a situation where I felt awestruck by seeing something early which influenced or exaggerated my personal opinion. Plain and simple I felt that I was taking part in a pinball experience (gameplay) like nothing else I had ever been exposed to. That's what I shared on my podcast. I don't claim to be an expert reviewer of machines or demand that someone go out and buy a machine based on my experience. I simply share my opinions and I understand that those opinions may not line up with others. That's completely understandable and I like that there are different things that appeal to others.

I would only ask that you put some time on this game when you can to help formulate a solid opinion. I believe that the responsibility should be with the potential buyer to play the game before passing final judgement and not base your final decision on something that you read online, listened to on a podcast, or saw during a pinball stream. If the opinion that I shared angered some of you then I really don't know what to say except that I am sorry that I have upset you as that was not my intention. I am still very excited for the release and I think that some of you may become more excited once you have the chance to get on the game.

I'll be addressing all this when we record our podcast tonight but I felt I'd like to share my thoughts here as well in the event you don't know the background behind my opinions.

-Ken

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Let's move on from powder coat costseg analysis and start exhaustively nitpicking/beat to death something else about the game. We've had a little talk about the 7 magnets, but not a lot.
Has anyone seen/heard much about the other 6 magnets? The working theory is that they are around the small candy/LED inserts and 'subtly influence' the ball path. I've skipped around the Buffalo gameplay stream and can't really see any evidence of this. As somebody mentioned, good chance it hasn't been coded yet.
Let's move on to magnetgate.

Eric mentioned they are buried in the playfield.. was looking for some DI magnet action. Didn't see anything close in the streams.

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

...where is the river, why aren’t the pop bumpers capped like the trees/mushrooms (or even gummy bears), where is the Wonkatania boat sculpt?...
Why isn’t there isn’t a chocolate river mech with a saucer you shoot into and the ball gets VUK into a pipe (Augustus Gloop)? Why isn’t there a mode where you eventually hit a ball up a ramp, it gets held by a magnet for a second, the arrow tells me if it’s a good/bad egg, and then it’s dropped downward like Veruca Salt? The character, Violet, loved chewing gum...missed opportunity to have a physical gumball machine (TZ) that releases a blueberry ceramic gumball into play.

100% those are some great ideas, you should of been on the design team.
My guess is they were trying to keep the price point down, profits and reliability up

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Please share your estimate of costs for
new raw metal side rails and lockbar w/o weld marks
prep and flake powdercoat for
2 x backbox hinges
2 x siderails
1 x lockdown bar
4 x legs
8 x legbolts
x siderail screws
4 x pivot bolts
+ shipping
Because that's what a real job entails. It's not gonna be $100-$200.

It's already been stated how much it costs. If you can't find a local place that is close to that price, then I don't know what to tell you.

#1050 4 years ago

First off most pins have good and bad. My thoughts about WW. I was not on the Hype train.
So It looks like Wonka, check
Looks fun to play, check
Toys and shots look good/fun
4 flippers…ok super cool
LCD expected from JJP
Yes you can say they should of did this and that. The game looks fun hands down.
Why does it sound like im walking through Vegas and hearing the slots? Not good.
Did not hear the callouts I would expect from a Wonka pinball machine.
It should sound like Willy Wonka in every aspect of the game. This is the letdown for me.
Also you can’t find someone that can impersonate Gene?
If this was a license issue than you should of passed on making the game.
Maybe there is more to it.
I will be patient... sit back and purchase this when/if im happy with the “current product” and not what the product “could be/might be”.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/21?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.