letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I just saw this on youtube:

are the 2 shots under the wonka vision an U-turn?
where is the saucer?

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

are the 2 shots under the wonka vision an U-turn?
where is the saucer?

I believe there is a diverter back there to put the ball in different places

#903 4 years ago

What’s the song list? Is Candy Man in the game?

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Posted this in the other thread too... Several quotes from TWIP article or a distributor:
1. Please note: artwork and inserts will be slightly different on production machines.
2. Jersey Jack plans to have games in customer homes within 60 days.
3. Production will start with Standard Edition games, then a run of Limited Edition games, then the Collector’s Edition games. After all the Collector’s Edition games are built, more Limited Editions and Standards will be built.
4. LE adds to SE:
- Limited to 5,000
- Sparkle Blue cabinet armor, legs and wireforms
- Exclusive cabinet artwork and backglass
- High gloss UV ink decals
- Wonkavator Super Ball Lock
- Numbered LE plaque
- External sound control
- Shaker motor
- INVISIGLASS
5. CE adds to LE:
- Limited to 500
- Candy Red cabinet armor, legs and wireforms
- Exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle
- Exclusive cabinet artwork and mirrored backglass
- Exclusive apron artwork
- 3D Wonkatania lit topper
- Everlasting Gobstopper shooter knob
- Red “Most Secret Machine”
- Numbered brass CE plaque
- RadCals
- PinBlades
- Laser-cut rule card
- Apron plate signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi
- More surprises
#2 may mean the start of shipping? I wouldn't take that as all WONKA pins everyone has ordered will be delivered within 60 days.
On the CE, I'm not sure what it mean by the "Red 'Most Secret Machine'" or what the "More surprises" will be.

If Jjp wants to get them shipping within sixty days, should they have started production already?
They ain’t known for doing anything quickly, efficiently or well planned.

#905 4 years ago

Just curious, anyone know how many pop bumpers are in the game? Looks like one from the pics.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

What’s the song list? Is Candy Man in the game?

I heard in the interview with Jack in France that 4 songs are in the license. dont think Candy Man but I'm not 100% sure.

#907 4 years ago

So the only real playfield difference in the three models is the ball lock thing?

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

ust curious, anyone know how many pop bumpers are in the game? Looks like one from the pics.

Just watched a video from France in the other thread and there are definitely three.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Just curious, anyone know how many pop bumpers are in the game? Looks like one from the pics.

3 squeezed in there with a ton of other shit lol

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So the only real playfield difference in the three models is the ball lock thing?

Wonkavator mech and lightning is missing on standard...

#911 4 years ago

What exactly does the ball lock do in the LE compared to the SE? Is it just a mechanical vs virtual lock like in Iron Maiden pro vs premium/le? I’ve read about stealing balls with the mechanical lock, but not the virtual. I have a deposit down on an LE, but am not thrilled with what the LE offers relative to the SE.

Can a shaker be added to a SE?

Shaker, glass and powder cost about $550 so it’s really this ball lock mech that becomes the difference.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What exactly does the ball lock do in the LE compared to the SE? Is it just a mechanical vs virtual lock like in Iron Maiden pro vs premium/le? I’ve read about stealing balls with the mechanical lock, but not the virtual. I have a deposit down on an LE, but am not thrilled with what the LE offers relative to the SE.
Shaker, glass and powder cost about $550 so it’s really this ball lock mech that becomes the difference.

I think Keefer mentioned in an earlier post that a shaker can be added, Wonkavator mech cannot.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wow u can get invisaglass, jjp shaker and legs, armor, shooter housing and wireforms all done for 550.00? Figured glass and jjp shaker were 450 or more alone? So 100.00 to get all that powdercoated?

#914 4 years ago

I really think the idea of lowering the standard by $1000 is to destroy companies like American. If they don't counter and lower the prices of Houdini and Oktoberfest, they are in serious trouble.

Oktoberfest - $7400
Standard Wonka - $7500

That's just not fair.

#915 4 years ago

Anyone have a picture of the back of the standard playfield? Im curious what it looks like with out the ball lock. That area on the le has alot of lights and puts off a nice lightshow. Is all that missing alsom

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don't follow you..
Invisglass is ~300.. Shaker ~100.. headphone kit ~$40.. powdercoated legs, lockdown, siderails, and hinges would run you 450+ just themselves. That's likely $900.. And then you're paying for the different art and mech.. and the LE "premium".

#917 4 years ago

As for people being letdown by the reveal and lack of WOW moments with Wonka, this is how I sum it up:

We were expecting TZ Lawlor, but got RCT/NASCAR Lawlor.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. All of his games are masterpieces, but I think people have become so accustomed to being wow'd by JJP that this one was just a few pegs lower on the board. I was the same way when I watched the reveal on a TV...but then I played it. Would really love to own an LE someday. It's a lot of fun, and ultimately that's what pinball is all about (at least for me, anyways)

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow u can get invisaglass, jjp shaker and legs, armor, shooter housing and wireforms all done for 550.00? Figured glass and jjp shaker were 450 or more alone? So 100.00 to get all that powdercoated?

Yep. Powder is cheap, find a local wheel place. Invisiglass $300, shaker $100, powder $150. I wouldn’t do the wireforms, though they may look cool in a chocolate color. I don’t usually do the coin door either.

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't follow you..
Invisglass is ~300.. Shaker ~100.. headphone kit ~$40.. powdercoated legs, lockdown, siderails, and hinges would run you 450+ just themselves. That's likely $900.. And then you're paying for the different art and mech.. and the LE "premium".

Powder $450? I don’t think so.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I really think the idea of lowering the standard by $1000 is to destroy companies like American. If they don't counter and lower the prices of Houdini and Oktoberfest, they are in serious trouble.
Oktoberfest - $7400
Standard Wonka - $7500
That's just not fair.

I agree. The excuse for the crappy animations on Oktoberfest has been the price. How can we possibly expect to have everything for $7400?.....well it appears that for $100 more you can infact have everything.

#921 4 years ago

I believe jjp shaker is 150-200?

#922 4 years ago

I suspect AP has had ZERO to do with the new pricing and everything to do with what their actual customers, specifically operators, have been telling them.

I'm a little confused with AP. If you can't be twice as good and do it for cheaper, why enter an established market?

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree. The excuse for the crappy animations on Oktoberfest has been the price. How can we possibly expect to have everything for $7400?.....well it appears that for $100 more you can infact have everything.

It has nothing to do with price. AP hasn't made it a priority, and they're paying for it. It's really that simple.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep. Powder is cheap, find a local wheel place. Invisiglass $300, shaker $100, powder $150. I wouldn’t do the wireforms, though they may look cool in a chocolate color. I don’t usually do the coin door either.

It can be even cheaper on Invisiglass if you call and ask directly, half off each additional piece of glass. So that is $225/sheet for 2 sheets or $200/sheet for 3 etc, not counting shipping.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

This will be my last post on the topic

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It has nothing to do with price. AP hasn't made it a priority, and they're paying for it. It's really that simple.

True. I guess what I meant to say was the excuse from the community has been the price. AP will certainly feel the sting from this.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If a pinball manufacturer can't afford spell check (free since "clippy" in Microsoft word) how can we expect them to deliver games to the right locations? Do the JJP delivery teams have GPS? Do they have EZpass? I can't put a deposit down without these questions answered.

You mean like this. Negative Reinforcment.

125BD789-7753-4FE6-B77D-A7F045A3CE6F (resized).png125BD789-7753-4FE6-B77D-A7F045A3CE6F (resized).png

#928 4 years ago

20190414_185130 (resized).jpg20190414_185130 (resized).jpg

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]

Was there ever any doubt?

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Was there ever any doubt?

Lol nope

#931 4 years ago

Businesses compete with each other. JJP didn’t ask API to enter the market. Stern didn’t give permission to JJP to compete with them, either. Consumers will ultimately will decide what’s important and where to spend their money.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

What’s not fair? Who makes these rules? Businesses compete with each other. JJP didn’t ask API to enter the market. Stern didn’t give permission to JJP to compete with them, either. Consumers will ultimately will decide what’s important and where to spend their money.

picard-facepalm (resized).jpgpicard-facepalm (resized).jpg
#933 4 years ago

Here is a News Flash for you:

After years of getting their asses kicked and losing money hand over fist they finally have a game in Wonka that might allow them to turn the corner.

Can they make games in quantity to keep up with demand?

To disparage other companies like AP as if somehow it’s over for them is kind of a F ing joke imo

Not everybody likes the same games! In fact, there are plenty that hate the idea of Wonka and prefer BK, Munsters or some other pin

Deeproot is coming out with multiple games it still looks like.

Stern is rolling

I’m getting a Wonka AND many other pins including Oktoberfest so let’s see if JJP can now actually deliver on the promise to get these games out quickly

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oktoberfest - $7400
Standard Wonka - $7500
That's just not fair.

Quoted from frolic:

I suspect AP has had ZERO to do with the new pricing and everything to do with what their actual customers, specifically operators, have been telling them.
I'm a little confused with AP. If you can't be twice as good and do it for cheaper, why enter an established market?

I have no idea what APs plan is but it doesn’t seem to make much sense to me.

I expect them to get out of the business after Oktoberfest flops.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s why they call you “Crazy” Levi

Just pulling shit out of your ass again!

It’s been 8 yrs now and millions in JJP losses. AP can do the same thing

At least they actually announce and get games out the door. A fine effort thus far that should only get better

#936 4 years ago

I can't buy any of them at the moment
I went for Munsters and am totally happy I feel that way every time I play it’s a blast
Screw the hate man just watching the streams game looks like the best JJP pinball yet to me because of the fact it isn’t completely cluttered with stuff
I would love to own one
Its a lot of money I get it but I think if you have reservations they will washed away by how much fun and cool it is
Most folks I would like believe who buy a expensive game are planning on keeping it no matter what
Take Munsters for instance
People chime in and say “people are selling them like crazy”
When actually I’ve only seen a handful of LEs go up for sale,they made 600 of the things that’s a pretty good clip,and not one Premium yet I think

Wonka looks good you know it’s good if I had the bread and was waiting I wouldn’t even be tripping on it
I bought Munsters for 9 grand
Is it perfect for everybody? Well no but it’s great for almost all who bought one
Makes me smile every time I turn it on I think it’s a instant classic for real

Wonka is great it doesn’t have to be better than anything really
You guys are lucky you’ve been waiting on the thing looks pretty damn sweet
Who knows might end up being the best pinball ever made

#937 4 years ago

Did I miss this.. Why is the artwork cut out around these lights?
https://images.pinside.com/5/8c/ab/58cabe43a0dfcb2bc6474804b156334f2e2f8f86.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#938 4 years ago

Last post on the topic of spelling and grammar, not this thread.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Correct on the most secret machine.
As for more surprises, getting some of the actors to sign the CEs is in the works. Not set in stone yet though.

Where is this info from? Podcast interview?

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why they call you “Crazy” Levi
Just pulling shit out of your ass again!
It’s been 8 yrs now and millions in JJP losses. AP can do the same thing
At least they actually announce and get games out the door. A fine effort thus far that should only get better

They are making bad games nobody wants.

So sure, if they want to keep losing money they’ll keep doing it. I have a hunch they won’t.

Not enough conviction on this one to bet more alcohol. I must protect my investment!

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Did I miss this.. Why is the artwork cut out around these lights?
https://images.pinside.com/5/8c/ab/58cabe43a0dfcb2bc6474804b156334f2e2f8f86.jpg
[quoted image]

Those are multicolored RGB lights to resemble sparkling during certain modes

#942 4 years ago

Is there a shot map? I’m having a tough time figuring out the different ball paths especially for the upper right flipper.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

All this Wonka talk makes me really miss Gene Wilder. Dude was a legend.

Definitely. Young Frankenstein is almost equally epic.

The good news is that I'm warming up to a LE in my future. The bad news is I still haven't robbed a bank so that I can afford one anytime soon.

#944 4 years ago

Hanging on to my CE spot for now...anxious to play any version of one soon (?)

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Those are multicolored RGB lights to resemble sparkling during certain modes

The question being asked is why is there bare wood around the lights. I dunno. Aesthetics of some kind apparently, there's no reason they need to be there as part of the printing/insert process.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The question being asked is why is there bare wood around the lights. I dunno. Aesthetics of some kind apparently, there's no reason they need to be there as part of the printing/insert process.

Maybe this will be changed in production games?

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sherlock Holmes

#948 4 years ago

I liked Wonka, typos and all.

Game feels full and there's not much obvious PF difference between versions which is good. There are a lot paths for the ball to take and diverters to change up said paths. It's also a pretty forgiving game with enough depth to the geometry to give you plenty of chances to nudge a ball away from a bad path.

Negatives, the main logo font looks really weird. Like text that has been made skinnier via an inner stroke. Also the LCD goes a little too skeuomorphic IMO, with a lot of literal things like LED displays and dials. They look good (unlike Oktoberfest) but a bit small and harder to read.

As with other JJP games the sound alike voice actors are all well done.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are making bad games nobody wants.
So sure, if they want to keep losing money they’ll keep doing it. I have a hunch they won’t.
Not enough conviction on this one to bet more alcohol. I must protect my investment!

Oh come on Levi. Another bottle bet!?

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Those little inserts glow nicely without the key lines and match the candy art there.

insert (resized).jpginsert (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/19?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.