letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Look I’m a little disappointed too but worse than hobbit? Cmon now

Hobbit code right now is light years ahead of Willy Wonka and I prefer its ruleset design. I know Willy Wonka code is only 40% complete so will have to see how it develops. I'm sure a lot will change with its code in the coming months.

If anything I'm very impressed with how well the standard edition looks and how much it offers for $7500 over a Stern premium.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit code right now is light years ahead of Willy Wonka and I prefer its ruleset design. I know Willy Wonka code is only 40% complete so will have to see how it develops. I'm sure a lot will change with its code in the coming months.

Code is more than 40% confirmed to be done except polish and wizards

Too bad hobbits shot layout is so bad and without that code doesn’t matter...

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code is more than 40% confirmed to be done except polish and wizards
Too bad hobbits shot layout is so bad and without that code doesn’t matter...

Guess I completely disagree and think Hobbit layout is very unique as its constantly changing based on behavior of the drop targets and beast pop ups.

A great layout doesn't matter if the code isn't there. Right now Hobbit code is extremely deep and polished. I know Willy Wonka code is very early and it will improve a ton. I'm just not going to buy the game right now until I see how the code is developed.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Look I’m a little disappointed too but worse than hobbit? Cmon now

Wonka is #1 JJP game for me right now. I’ve played all 5 and own JJPOTC and WOZ. Hobbit is #5 in my book. JJPOTC is a close #2. Really close.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guess I completely disagree and think Hobbit layout is very unique as its constantly changing based on behavior of the drop targets and beast pop ups.
A great layout doesn't matter if the code isn't there. Right now Hobbit code is extremely deep and polished. I know Willy Wonka code is very early and it will improve a ton. I'm just not going to buy the game right now until I see how the code is developed.

The code was 60% according to Joe. And there was a lot there but I don’t know how much you saw on stream. I saw a lot and this is going to be just as deep as other JJP games.

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If anything I'm very impressed with how well the standard edition looks and how much it offers for $7500 over a Stern premium.

I don't think its only 40% done according to the main coder Joe. It's mostly in there despite the number. And its not 60% either

#807 4 years ago

Pinside, you disappoint me. You nitpick over the border color of inserts, and nobody is concerned over an English typo on a 7-12k machine? I thought the rage would be overflowing by now.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Pinside, you disappoint me. You nitpick over the border color of inserts, and nobody is concerned over an English typo on a 7-12k machine? I thought the rage would be overflowing by now.

Is it actually misspelled on the machines themselves? If so I’m sure it will be fixed in production.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I feel so indifferent about Willy Wonka right now. I don't know if I like it or dislike it. I'm not impressed with the theme integration right now. 4 main modes and all of them have movie clips playing where you don't hear any of the actors talking in those scenes? I don't get it. A giant picture of Slugworth for Slugworth Multiball and then nothing that corresponds to scenes from the movie. Same for "Kid Multiball".
I'm also not really a fan of the ruleset design currently. Based on the rule flowchart Willy Wonka isn't anywhere near as deep as any of the previous JJP pins. Overall I just need to see how the code develops for this game and play it before deciding whether or not to buy it.
As of now I'm more impressed with all of JJP's previous titles over Willy Wonka. I'm sure that may change once I actually get to play it and the code is completed.

Feel the same. Was all ready to add this game but just not feeling it. In some ways reminds me of DI which I think is a great game, and wasn’t jumping for joy when it came out. But after playing DI, think it is has got a lot going for it rules wise, layout, shots, etc. So this is a game I need to play before putting a deposit down. Also not crazy about the cabinet art on any of the versions, but can get past that. I just read the current rules and they...sound... good. Got to play before buying it.

#810 4 years ago

I own all 4 JJP and this will make #5 -- CE #12...lol

By the way Tessa Approves...I showed her the video and she barked at it....So enough said and drop the mic.

20190302_133500 (resized).jpg20190302_133500 (resized).jpg
#811 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is it actually misspelled on the machines themselves? If so I’m sure it will be fixed in production.

Don't know, I need a high res of the side of the backbox to find out. Somebody at mgc, go take one.

#812 4 years ago

DI is jjps best playing game and I’m sure this will rule also. Lawlor was a huge win for them.

WOZ is a close third most likely. Hobbit and Potc ain’t my cup of tea.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I own all 4 JJP and this will make #5 -- CE #12...lol
By the way Tessa Approves...I showed her the video and she barked at it....So enough said and drop the mic.
[quoted image]

Well Mr RichieWrench, you own all Jjp games And almost all of sterns games.
Wish I had the room you have!

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Well Mr RichieWrench, you own all Jjp games And almost all of sterns games.
Wish I had the room you have!

#815 4 years ago

If the price was lower, the haters would be ranting and raving about this game.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DI is jjps best playing game and I’m sure this will rule also. Lawlor was a huge win for them. WOZ is a close third most likely. Hobbit and Potc ain’t my cup of tea.

My current personal JJP ranking:
DI
WONKA
POTC
WOZ
TH

Disclaimers: I really like Pat's games, I haven't played WONKA yet.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Per @eemichael83, it is misspelled on the backbox as well. 2:25 in this video.

It's dumb but has to be fixed before I'd spend a dime on it.

#818 4 years ago

So, by my rough calculations, (500 CE + 5000 LE + 2500 SE) * $400 for decals, I just saved JJP roughly $3.2m. I'll take a 1% finders fee or 3 CEs.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

What feature was Kaneda talking about that would blow us away?

The blowing was for jack. Im underwhelmed..unfortunate.

#821 4 years ago

I watched the stream, watched the SDTM video, read the TWIP detailed review, and reviewed the rules flowchart and here are my current opinions which you can consider, ignore, trash or whatever you choose to do...

(1) I first watched the stream and this really turned me off. After watching the stream from about 5:30 to 7pm, I decided to give up on the game. I've got the cash in hand and space for a new game and walked away from both the BKSOR and Wonka videos with no desire to buy either based on their reveal streams.

(2) However, after watching the SDTM video, reading the TWIP detailed review and reviewing the rules flowchart I am now considering Wonka primarily because the game has a great playfield layout, great shots, I am fine with the playfield artwork and simplified toys. The main things that are lacking and have me hesitating may all be corrected as the game development is finalized and so I am left with some key questions:

(a) The SE cabinet artwork (why? no cost savings in cheaper version - just to push folks to LE)?

(b) How will SE virtual lock work and how will player know # locked? I hear no lock stealing in SE? disappointing

(c) Watching stream had me very disappointed in screen - reviewing other info had me liking screen layout and info

(d) By far, biggest issue is integration- pinball machine based on a musical, but you wouldn't know playing it
- Did not hear a single song from the movie except Wilder boat ride which is more a poem
- Oompa Loompa bumpers were cute, but not quite the song(I see the rule set has a hurry-up so maybe?)
- No Candy Man song (again, see there is a Candy Man mode, so maybe?)
- I understand that Pure Imagination is the ultimate wizard mode, but that means few will ever hear it
- Saw the Veluca I want it all Good Egg, Bad Egg video clip- silent - no "I want it all quote" or song?

(e) Continuing integration issue, I'm hoping there is still a long way to go in developing sound, quotes, background
- All the video clips were essentially silent and not very well integrated with game play, no progression award
- Not sure a novice would even know that they had started most of these events - feedback was lacking
- I see the smaller LCD has instructions, but novices don't take their eyes off the ball(s) in play
- Screen has lots of useful info, but novices won't get it (I didn't until I read the TWIP detailed review)
- All the multiball starts were boring (compare to Lawlor multiball starts like TAF, TZ, NGG that ARE events)
- The background music became very repetitive and seemed similar even when modes/events were running

So, I'm hoping that just like with other JJP games such as WOZ and Hobbit, the final version of this game is very different from the version we are seeing now and mainly I am speaking about items d and e above which are code related and so, again, there is hope. Also, my reaction to the reveal confirms what others have been saying about JJP reveals being problematic. In fact, my reaction to the reveal was negative enough to almost totally write-off the game as one for potential purchase.

#822 4 years ago

So, by my rough calculations, (500 CE + 5000 LE + 2500 SE) * $400 for decals, I just saved JJP roughly $3.2m. I'll take a 1% finders fee or 3 CEs.

Pinball companies don't care about grammar so they wouldn't "loose" any money

#823 4 years ago

I was hoping there was going to be midgets at the reveal just quietly.

#824 4 years ago

I am buying a SE and putting this on the cabinet..

Screenshot_20190413-225833_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190413-225833_Google (resized).jpg
#825 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The reveal game needs a TON of work.
I liked seeing the flashing lights and covered games, things were off to a good start. I thought we were in for a bit of a show.
But start it up with a long boring speech from a JJp guy reading off his iPhone, and then follow it up with another boring speech from pat who isn’t exactly mr excitement, and then just reveal the game, start playing it with commentary without hyping it up or quickly showing off some of the features?
What the fuck is going on here?! There was no excitement. No show. Seemed amateurish.
You have 12K people watching - live. How about a little excitement and pizazz? People were SO excited for this reveal. There could have been some serious hype. Get the crowd into it. Music. Lasers. Smoke. Reveal the game - show us around the game, then have a pro play a whole game with focus on sound, not commentary and ambient noise and people in the background eating pizza.
You’ve got 5 hours - make the first 30 minutes or so something awesome. You can have people playing pinball and eating pizza on stream for the 4.5 hours after that and the 2k hardcores will stay tuned in for that.
Buffalo did a nice job as always with the tech. Looked fantastic. But on JJp’s end I feel it was a wasted opportunity. You’ve got 12K people watching and are front page on twitch. Probably 2k of those people were hardcore pin fans - the rest are people who were probably bored out of their minds after 10 minutes and many of them won’t come back. This was a huge opportunity to hook some people or get them interesting in seeing more - people want to get into hobbies that appear exciting, not dull.
Id really like to see some effort put into this kind of thing. A proper hype man opening it all instead of a couple boring speeches would have done wonders.
Check out our coverage of NYCPC 2019 in May if you want an idea of how this stuff could be done differently. And it Jack wants some help for on camera talent for his next reveal I’d be happy to assist.
We all need to move this shit forward.

i cant stand you but i do like you
since the dialed in reveal it seems they havent learned a thing.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM: Pat Lawlor on Creating Modern Pinball

Sensational video

#827 4 years ago

I want to start off by saying I think the game looks really fun. But as someone who doesn’t care as much about multipliers and bonuses as I do about playing the narrative of a pinball machine, I have one question. How many modes are in this game that actually bring you into the narrative of the movie? I’m curious because out of the 12 factory modes, only 4 are story driven, correct? Is there another subset of story modes or something?

#828 4 years ago

I’m not NIB on any game ever. That being said, I have no idea what all the complaints are about this reveal of a (prototype) game, or the complaints about lack of features. WTF this thing looks loaded!

Is it WOZ? No. And WOZ has so much in it that JJP went broke. Y’all pay $5K for Stern games held together with duct tape and bubble gum but want Jack to like cram a Hadron collider in there. What a bunch a goofs.

Lawlor is hit and miss for me but this looks like it’s fine. The code will be OK. good lord give them a minute. Looking forward to playing it

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

#830 4 years ago

This looks like a fine game but not one that excites me. I wish jjp would give their treatment to a theme I actually care about.

#831 4 years ago

Just got back from MGC. Played several games on 2 different wonka machines.

The flippers were way too weak on both of them. It's really a shame, because I still don't really feel like I got a good sense of how this game really shoots. Not a good way to make a good impression on people.

I see some people in this thread mentioned that they have electrical power problems in that half of the room.

My assumption while playing was that they purposely set the flipper power lower, maybe to help preserve the games or simply to shorten people's games? I really have no idea, it doesn't make sense that they would do that.

But on the other hand, I did not notice similar flipper strength problems on any other game there. So I don't know what to think.

And it's not that jjp has "bad" flippers or "weak" flippers in general. In fact I think their flippers are the best feeling flippers.

They are just set too weak for some reason on the Wonkas.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's actually like that directly from the WB styleguide which is why we didn't notice it until the backbox decals came in. It is fixed for production.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I would guess absolutely on the shaker motor, but no to the wonkavator.

This is correct. The Wonkavator won't work on a standard but the shaker will.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This is correct. The Wonkavator won't work on a standard but the shaker will.

You guys should strap a UPS to each Wonka at shows. Would give you a clean constant 120V with no droop.

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-OR1500LCDRTXL2U-System-1500VA-Outlets/dp/B0039YX77C

#835 4 years ago

Player several games on Wonka this weekend in Paris.

Really gave me a mix of feelings when playing of WOZ and DI. The music style is similar to WOZ and shooting is a lot like DI. Flippers were not weak, shot great.

I have not seeing anything which blows the competition out of the water but it is a great looking pin (Munsters LE wins on looks btw) with a lot of shots (Wonka wins on this over MunstersLE) and it is a kids theme like a WOZ which you will like or dislike.

For me a WOZ is a no go but that’s also because it’s a wide body, a Wonka is a standard body which helps a lot. Lcd animations are great, use of the clips is Mweh. I like the goblertoy and the shots are easy to make and feel good.

A2F7C7D8-08D5-4A35-8BC8-4B3207C709B2 (resized).jpegA2F7C7D8-08D5-4A35-8BC8-4B3207C709B2 (resized).jpeg
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After watching more video and looking at the feature matrix the $7500 SE makes any Stern premium model look like a rip off. The amount of not only features but build quality and code work over a Stern premium is astounding. Hell, the standard edition makes pretty much all Stern LE's look sparse feature wise.
Even if you don't like Willy Wonka something needs to be said about how Stern has been charging $7500 for premiums and $9k for their LE's. It's obvious now they have a huge profit margin with their premium / LE's. This isn't about about the games being fun of not but rather the value offered by them for what we are getting in terms of features, build quality, and code quality.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I am not a huge Stern fan either, I just don't buy what you are trying to sell.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Munsters LE wins on looks btw

The playfield, yes. But the display animations? Not even close! The Munsters looks like amateur hour compared to the stuff Jean-Paul de Win has been doing for Jersey Jack.

The Munsters’ text (fonts, colors, and sizes) is just plain god awful, the computer animations look like a rushed grade school project, and even the TV clips are all ruined by using hard freeze cuts.

Stern has playfield and cabinet art nailed down, but they’ve got a lot of work to do on their displays.

#838 4 years ago

I posted this in another thread earlier, but thought I would post it here as well.

Instead of the name “Kid Multiball”...

Why not just do it MM style? For each of the kids that are qualified, call out their name and then say "multiball".

So you'd have "Veruca Salt Multiball"
Or
"Veruca Salt, Charlie Bucket Multiball"

Etc, depending on which ones were qualified.

#839 4 years ago

Played many games on Wonka at MGC Saturday and really liked it allot. Lighting, art, animations, code, all JJP quality. Great seeing the JJP team there answering questions and really excited about this amazing new game. Shots were great and I liked the less complicated code approach without multiplier strategies on this title. Very approachable game for players at any level. Huge thanks to Joe K of JJP for an Incredible commitment on the code he is Really doing the right things and has a great talent. Glad to see him in the drivers seat on this one with a new set of eyes. Really looking forward to this game with minimal complaints. This game will do well for JJP no doubt in my opinion.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

The playfield, yes. But the display animations? Not even close! The Munsters looks like amateur hour compared to the stuff Jean-Paul de Win has been doing for Jersey Jack.
The Munsters’ text (fonts, colors, and sizes) is just plain god awful, the computer animations look like a rushed grade school project, and even the TV clips are all ruined by using hard freeze cuts.
Stern has playfield and cabinet art nailed down, but they’ve got a lot of work to do on their displays.

Really? I think Munsters is one of their better efforts. JJP are generally best in class, but Wonka looks mediocre at the moment. I’m assuming it will change over time just based on their previous efforts.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

I watched the stream, watched the SDTM video, read the TWIP detailed review, and reviewed the rules flowchart and here are my current opinions which you can consider, ignore, trash or whatever you choose to do...
(1) I first watched the stream and this really turned me off. After watching the stream from about 5:30 to 7pm, I decided to give up on the game. I've got the cash in hand and space for a new game and walked away from both the BKSOR and Wonka videos with no desire to buy either based on their reveal streams.
(2) However, after watching the SDTM video, reading the TWIP detailed review and reviewing the rules flowchart I am now considering Wonka primarily because the game has a great playfield layout, great shots, I am fine with the playfield artwork and simplified toys. The main things that are lacking and have me hesitating may all be corrected as the game development is finalized and so I am left with some key questions:
(a) The SE cabinet artwork (why? no cost savings in cheaper version - just to push folks to LE)?
(b) How will SE virtual lock work and how will player know # locked? I hear no lock stealing in SE? disappointing
(c) Watching stream had me very disappointed in screen - reviewing other info had me liking screen layout and info
(d) By far, biggest issue is integration- pinball machine based on a musical, but you wouldn't know playing it
- Did not hear a single song from the movie except Wilder boat ride which is more a poem
- Oompa Loompa bumpers were cute, but not quite the song(I see the rule set has a hurry-up so maybe?)
- I understand that Pure Imagination is the ultimate wizard mode, but that means few will ever hear it
- Saw the Veluca I want it all Good Egg, Bad Egg video clip- silent - no "I want it all quote" or song?
(e) Continuing integration issue, I'm hoping there is still a long way to go in developing sound, quotes, background
- All the video clips were essentially silent and not very well integrated with game play, no progression award
- Not sure a novice would even know that they had started most of these events - feedback was lacking
- I see the smaller LCD has instructions, but novices don't take their eyes off the ball(s) in play
- Screen has lots of useful info, but novices won't get it (I didn't until I read the TWIP detailed review)
- All the multiball starts were boring (compare to Lawlor multiball starts like TAF, TZ, NGG that ARE events)
- The background music became very repetitive and seemed similar even when modes/events were running
So, I'm hoping that just like with other JJP games such as WOZ and Hobbit, the final version of this game is very different from the version we are seeing now and mainly I am speaking about items d and e above which are code related and so, again, there is hope. Also, my reaction to the reveal confirms what others have been saying about JJP reveals being problematic. In fact, my reaction to the reveal was negative enough to almost totally write-off the game as one for potential purchase.

This is a good post, very constructive comments. I too struggled with the release streams of both BKSOR and WONKA, the top down viewing gives absolutely no perspective to the playfield and leaves me with the view I don't really understand what's going on from a players point of view. In future I'd like to see video streams include a view from the players perspective. It seems like others are of this opinion as well.

What's really important for a game reveal is the shot selection and flow of a game, these determine if the game has potential for improved code to make a good game a great game. The video from SDTM did this very well.

Being a JJP game and knowning how they polish the software of each game until it shines, I honestly believe WONKA will be no different. All the songs and voice clips that are being spoken of will most likely be included, along with other video images and sound effects.

#842 4 years ago

Special Pinball Magazine and Pinball News bonus podcast with Jack Guarnieri interview on Willy Wonka: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/04/14/podcast-flip-expo-2019/

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No thanks needed. I’m so glad we could all donate our time to help support your cause big guy.

Wow it took you a whole day to come up with that

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

100% all of this. This should be stickied and/or sent to JJP. I was also looking for another machine, cash on hand ready to go and was anticipating buying an LE pending the reveal. Wonka is a theme I love with the macabre, dark/playful scheme, but none of that is coming through as it stands. As someone in one of these posts somewhere mentioned, it sounds and looks more like a slot machine than a pinball. Just too many flashing, brief hits with little integration.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I want to start off by saying I think the game looks really fun. But as someone who doesn’t care as much about multipliers and bonuses as I do about playing the narrative of a pinball machine, I have one question. How many modes are in this game that actually bring you into the narrative of the movie? I’m curious because out of the 12 factory modes, only 4 are story driven, correct? Is there another subset of story modes or something?

chet218 nails it for me - the ultimate Wonka pinball experience has to be more than collecting points. I want to feel like I'm exploring the chocolate factory and living the experience for myself, totally immersed in the narrative. At the moment it all feels like you're on the outside looking in, but I know it's early days and code can help with this...

Another relevant phrase (which I know is despised by some) is that they had to create Roald Dahl's world under the glass, and they haven't done that. I don't know if it's strictly a missing toy(s), playfield art or what, it's good but not totally there. Compare this with WOZ with the yellow brick road, forest, castle, flying monkey, Dorothy's spinning house complete with wicked witch's of the East's shoes!

Last point, what made this film so good was Gene Wilder's performance. It had a unpredictable quality and dark edge all the way through which was only dispelled in the final scene - a genius performance... Think about when he first limped out the factory to that silent crowd, then he rolled over and jumped up (the kids reaction in that scene was genuine, they didn't know what he was going to do). As well as Gene, the factory and oompa lumpa's had their own personality and a streak of malice. And on top of that the looming presence of Slugworth... JJP need to somehow capture all of this character in the game, otherwise it's totally missing what made the film a classic. It would be like WOZ missing all the evil elements, there has to be a balance otherwise it's becomes too nicey nicey/cheesy.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Another relevant phrase (which I know is despised by some) is that they had to create Roald Dahl's world under the glass, and they haven't done that. I don't know if it's strictly a missing toy(s), playfield art or what, it's good but not totally there. Compare this WOZ with the yellow brick road, forest, castle, flying monkey, Dorothy's spinning house complete with wicked witch's shoes!

100%. I thought they knocked it out of the park with the world under glass on WOZ. I think after the overly complicated poc the were trying to simplify their mechanics to make a more reliable machine. Which, I am fine with - there needs to be a balance of toys and mechs with reliability especially at the lower price point machines for operators

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think people are underestimating the physical ball lock, which you don’t get in the standard. When you unleash the wonkavator multiball it feels awesome.

From the stream there is absolutely no reason to spend 2k for the wonkavator. Everyone one had a great time playing this game without finally getting it in after more than hour. These were developers who play it all the time too! 3hrs later there are 2 balls in the wonkavater! Whoopy!

#848 4 years ago

I'm still buying one, but, another day, another spelling mistake, this time on the playfield. It's Gobstopper, not Gobbstopper.

So for those counting, so far, we've got spelling mistakes on the backboard decals, and now the playfield.

Again I ask, where is the proofreading?

IMG_0837[1] (resized).jpgIMG_0837[1] (resized).jpg
#849 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's actually like that directly from the WB styleguide which is why we didn't notice it until the backbox decals came in. It is fixed for production.

Hah!! That’s funny!

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Just got back from MGC. Played several games on 2 different wonka machines.
The flippers were way too weak on both of them. It's really a shame, because I still don't really feel like I got a good sense of how this game really shoots. Not a good way to make a good impression on people.
I see some people in this thread mentioned that they have electrical power problems in that half of the room.
My assumption while playing was that they purposely set the flipper power lower, maybe to help preserve the games or simply to shorten people's games? I really have no idea, it doesn't make sense that they would do that.
But on the other hand, I did not notice similar flipper strength problems on any other game there. So I don't know what to think.
And it's not that jjp has "bad" flippers or "weak" flippers in general. In fact I think their flippers are the best feeling flippers.
They are just set too weak for some reason on the Wonkas.

Something changed between Friday and Saturday on the wonka machines. We played them probably 15 times on Friday. No soft flippers. But Saturday, mushy flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,500 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/17?hl=joniano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.