letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Is there the Oompa Loompa song in the game? Can’t tell if I heard or not?

You hear bits of the Loompas singing as the pop bumpers are hit and there is an instrumental version of the song that plays during an Oompa Loompa hurry up mode.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Funny moment. I was watching some gameplay from WW for the first time. My 10 year old daughter came downstairs and said “what are you watching?” I said “a new pinball game video.” She said “which one?” and I told her. She watched for a while and then she said “you’re not going to buy that are you?” I said “should I?” She said “no.”.

it’s generally a good practice to let children under 12 make 5-figure purchasing decisions.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's already changed once. The Licensor objected to the original name, Brat Multiball (which is a WAY better name), so they had to change it.

don’t worry, this thread is all the Brat Miltiball we need.

#554 4 years ago

Looks like an awesome full featured pinball machine with greats shots but a little too kid friendly for pinball for me. The theme blows! I’ll definitely play one on location but would never think about owning this. No offense to JJP but their theme selection needs to move away from “family” oriented themes and gameplay. I want in in your face excitement and this childish stuff just doesn’t do it for me.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lol
Someone over there needs to look up the word “limited” in the dictionary.
rd

no offense @rotordave, but while it may not be the number you’re used to, making 5000 of something is still by definition, Limited.

#556 4 years ago

it looks like the perfect machine for those of us idiots that get lost in rule heavy JJP games.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

don’t worry, this thread is all the Brat Miltiball we need.

Miltiball? Is that a stealth SDTM production audition?

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

What’s with all the fake dirt, scratches and hair on the clips from the film?

I believe the idea is that the Oompa Loompas are pulling down a screen inside the factory and showing you classroom-style movies using an old 16mm film projector.

The clips that take over the full 27” screen width are crystal clear.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is my initial thoughts.
Wonka feels much like WOZ to me. The music, the LCD, the play field is loaded to the point of almost cluttered, and has the same kind of music, dings, and chimes. And like WOZ if full of amazing theme integration and color. I think the two pins are the most similar in theme and sound - though WOZ sounds more like - well - WOZ.
As I watch though I can't stop thinking that Hobbit is still the king of epic music, modes and movie asset integration. Smaug mech is awesome by turning to the ball, and player, actually 'talking' and breathing fire. The music in hobbit is unique and awesome on every mode, has tons of integration with the film in the sound, callouts, and movie footage. Smaug MB has a great startup effect, and killing him is one of the most satisfying shots and effects in all of pinball. The hobbit - and I get is from a 'kids' book - is still a pretty cool theme. Killing dragons, orcs, spiders, trolls - and the Gandalf call outs are pretty freaking spot on. The book, which I wasn't a fan of initially, does a great job showing the timer and clearly stating the next shot in the mode. I would really love to have a WOZ or Wonka - but I think Hobbit is the most fun to shoot and listen to

I have to agree. I've got WOZ, Hobbit and POTC from JJP and Hobbit is consistently the most fun "experience". The immersion into the theme is second to none. Starting "Into the Fire" wizard mode is an absolute blast.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I believe the idea is that the Oompa Loompas are pulling down a movie screen and showing you classroom-style movies using an old 16mm film projector.
The clips that take over the full 27” screen width are crystal clear.

The screen UI vibe is undeniably slot-machine-y, moreso than any JJP to date. It seems lazier than jjPotC and WoZ, especially, but it may just be that the software needs some time.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I have to agree. I've got WOZ, Hobbit and POTC from JJP and Hobbit is consistently the most fun "experience". The immersion into the theme is second to none. Starting "Into the Fire" wizard mode is an absolute blast.

We always mimic the way Gandalf says "...and into the fire" out loud when that starts. It's such a weird way he says it.

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screen UI vibe is undeniably slot-machine-y, moreso than any JJP to date. It seems lazier than jjPotC and WoZ, especially, but it may just be that the software needs some time.

Looks good to me. Pat mentioned wanting this pin to do well on location, slot machines are pretty good at attracting people.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

no offense rotordave, but while it may not be the number you’re used to, making 5000 of something is still by definition, Limited.

Sure. JJP could also say they're making 10,000,000 units and it'd technically still be "limited," but then all words start to lose meaning as we spiral deeper into a world of contextless, valueless marketing bullshit.

5,000 units for a boutique pinball company in 2019 isn't limited. Especially JJP, who roll out different editions like they're going out of style.

#564 4 years ago

Rules flowchart here. Looks like 4 main modes (the factory tour modes), 4 mulitball modes, 2 other minor modes (Wonka Wash Frenzy and Wonkatania) and a wizard mode (Pure Imagination).

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_April19.pdf

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Grammar? A vat of liquid chocolate does not absolve one of following the rules of grammar.

Say it out loud:

An Essteedee-em.

It works.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And any mention on when these would be shipping? Guessing CE will be a bit, as pf not what will be on final release?
Sorry for belated questions....east coast guy calling it a night....like what I see, but don't love it...yet

Twip article cited 60 days for standards first

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

but the code also has alot going on and its only 40 percent atm.

No... that was people seeing the software version and making the incorrect leap that version number has anything to do with percentages. Joe stated the main things yet to be done are the wizard modes... the rest is essentially there.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Say it out loud:
An Essteedee-em.
It works.

But it's not spelled Essteedee-em, it's presented as an acronym, and as such, doesn't work.

EDIT: Dug out my old style guide and I am wrong. The sound of the acronym start dictates whether to use a or an, not the actual beginning letter. Apologies.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I just hate all the hype media (wich was not only K) and myself for remotely believing this BS at the moment.

It just shows how eager people are to believe anything. It was 100% marketing from the start... but it was what people WANTED to hear as well.. that’s the formula for easy buyin.

The fact people look to these folks as beacons still blows my mind.

They should be setting up a mega church and start cashing in... because clearly there are many ready to buy anything they say.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No... that was people seeing the software version and making the incorrect leap that version number has anything to do with percentages. Joe stated the main things yet to be done are the wizard modes... the rest is essentially there.

Yep turns out it about 60 percent done.. I like the rules direction so far

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Say it out loud:
An Essteedee-em.
It works.

Straight To Da Middle?

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It just shows how eager people are to believe anything. It was 100% marketing from the start... but it was what people WANTED to hear as well.. that’s the formula for easy buyin.
They should be setting up a mega church and start cashing in... because clearly there are many ready to buy anything they say.

Yes and no.
By way overhyping it he game can't even come close to deliver on all of that.

#573 4 years ago

I think the game looks fantastic. Didn’t expect to like it as WW is an uninteresting theme for me. But the playfield layout, flow, lighting, code and sound seems like above the competition. Very similar to WOZ but more modern. I think it will be a great title in a small collection or even as a single home game. It's really awesome that pinball is so hot these days - almost 13 000 viewers of the stream!

#574 4 years ago

Also the power coat is back to the good stuff... the blue with sparkles looks great and much better than di and potc. Then the ce powder looks like a mirror and just gorgeous.... also the backglass on ce is beautiful with the mirror.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I think the game looks fantastic. Didn’t expect to like it as WW is an uninteresting theme for me. But the playfield layout, flow, lighting, code and sound seems like above the competition. Very similar to WOZ but more modern. I think it will be a great title in a small collection or even as a single home game. It's really awesome that pinball is so hot these days - almost 13 000 viewers of the stream!

I've been studying pics and videos all night and there is a ton of shots and things going on ...some shots i still can't figure out lol. I'm guessing a bunch of diverters are hidden ...its the only way the ball can end up.in so many different places on the back half of the machine. I love that all the flippers have lots of shots and they are all needed . Somehow with all the stuff the game still flows super well. Pat has the most action and shots packed on to his pins.... gonna be another great home game to explore for a long time.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it's not spelled Essteedee-em, it's presented as an acronym, and as such, doesn't work.

DWvWCibVQAAyUiA (resized).jpgDWvWCibVQAAyUiA (resized).jpg
#577 4 years ago

Now that I've slept over it:

The hype couldn't ever live up (as estimated), game looks fun.
Not fun enough for me to get over that license (I'd prefer Dialed In!).

Yes, JJP packs their playfield and Sterns look bare.
But could we plz get something more in the middleground (like AP)?
I mean 7 or 8 magnets in Willy Wonka?

1) Stern needs a competitor in the Pro price range as well.

2) JJP needs to broaden their audience themewise as well. This is basically just JJP5, wich is a crossover between WoZ and DI.

Edit:
Seeing all this stuff, "The incredible Machine" seems to be the ideal license for Pat Lawlor.
Or "Lego - Great Ball Contraption" (this is a thing, google it).

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here is the underside by the way. [quoted image]

that ain't no stern

#579 4 years ago

Looks pretty fantastic. 4 flipper Lawlor with lots of toys and paths. In love.

#580 4 years ago

Well, not sure what I was expecting but this was the overhype of the century, thanks Kaneda and Joe! It looks pretty fun but it's a bit stripped down for a JJP. The reveal was weak I have to say, there are some nice features in the game that were not covered. The left ramp can send the ball to the lower left flipper or drop it on the magnet for the upper left flipper. There were also a cool shot for the upper right flipper going through the backboard and coming up on the left ramp. All of that stuff was missed with that crappy reveal. But being priced at $7500, basically the same as Stern Premium or Oktoberfest, makes this game a clear winner at that price range, Jack is finally waking up.

#581 4 years ago

Wow, can't believe how disappointed I am!

That artwork is the most uninspired artwork I've seen.
The Pro cabinet artwork looks like an hour Photoshop work and there's not a real cohesive artwork package on the playfield either.
It does look like a rush job, Franchi would have done this theme justice!
The playfield is just so many inserts without artwork binding them together...

I'm not a big JJP fan about gameplay but their artwork was at least good looking and crammed with details.

At least I hope it plays better than it looks

#582 4 years ago

I thought there were some definite jabs at Stern right before the unveiling. The guy on the microphone was talking about how JJP doesn't cheapen out on games for the sake of being cheap and I'm pretty sure that was directed right at Stern. There were a few more comments in there that were borderline Stern bashing during the presentation. Whatever....

About the game itself, I think for me the biggest disappointment is the lackluster video/audio presentation. The use of movie clips doesn't seem well integrated for example. Long audio clips playing without any corresponding video and video clips playing without any audio. Perhaps the game is based upon the Wonka theme, but only loosely based on the actual movie story? That would explain some things I suppose.

It's going to get old hearing 'Wonka Bar Collected' so many times.

Rob

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

1) Stern needs a competitor in the Pro price range as well.

I think Spooky is hitting that w/ ACNC.

#584 4 years ago

Had they shown This SDTM vid instead of the "reveal" i think it would have served them better. The pinball industry is so behind the times with marketing in general.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

This SDTM vid showcases the game soo much better than the reveal .

It is a lot better than the reveal stream. The bells during the wonka bar bonus are annoying as heck!

Rob

#586 4 years ago

I just don't like the theme. Does the camera on playfield next to monitor do anything?
Dialed In FTW.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I just don't like the theme. .......
Dialed In FTW.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The left ramp can send the ball to the lower left flipper or drop it on the magnet for the upper left flipper. There were also a cool shot for the upper right flipper going through the backboard and coming up on the left ramp. All of that stuff was missed with that crappy reveal.

Those shots sound like the highlight of the game.

#589 4 years ago

Oh man, I’m in!
Got me a CE WW, so excited
My first JJ, been patiently waiting for them to nail the right theme for me & this is the one
I’m a Stern man usually, cause they nail it with the best themes
Happy to have the best pinball manufacturers co-existing in my man cave
Also thank you Bronwyn, my beautiful wife for giving me the A’OK to order this gem

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Oh man, I’m in!
Got me a CE WW, so excited
My first JJ, been patiently waiting for them to nail the right theme for me & this is the one
I’m a Stern man usually, cause they nail it with the best themes
Happy to have the best pinball manufacturers co-existing in my man cave
Also thank you Bronwyn, my beautiful wife for giving me the A’OK to order this gem

CE WW is supposed to have different, custom playfield artwork. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Rob

#591 4 years ago

Can we stop calling it WW already? People already use WW too much for WH2O - Just like people are invading IM with IMDN. It's a mess folks!

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

no offense rotordave, but while it may not be the number you’re used to, making 5000 of something is still by definition, Limited.

Semantically yes, but in the world of pinball sales 5000 is a lot. A hell of a lot I'd argue. 5000 is what I'd expect the allocation of several countries to be, hell they might even consider 5000 total pins sold worldwide a win.

No dog in this fight but it did strike me that 5000 is not really limited in terms of a boutique market (routes aren't buying LEs). They could halve that number and it would still be a lot.

#593 4 years ago

Was there any indication on how far along the code is?

#594 4 years ago

And what does Wonka Vision do (in the game)?

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And what does Wonka Vision do?

It takes a chocolate bar and breaks it into millions of tiny atoms then reassembles it in your TV so you can reach in and eat it.

In the game....I'm guessing that's where the selfie camera is hidden.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Couldn't agree more. That's why I stopped listening to certain podcasts. No substance, inaccurate information, etc. It's best you make your own opinion about what new machines you like and want to purchase. I always play a game first before buying. Wonka doesn't change that.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I'm starting to wonder if we are witnessing the Beginning of the End for Pinball......saturation is occurring right now and it has me so undecided....I'm not sure what to pull the trigger on......certainly other buyers out there have got to be having similar thoughts.

i really miss the days when operators ruled and you could count on the newest titles being available at multiple locations with yesteryears pricing. making decisions today among games @ 8K+del for HUO definitely sucks.

#598 4 years ago

I'm likely going to bank on a LE after I play it at Pinfest in a couple of weeks (I assume it will be there). I also assume that the CE version will be bought up pretty good by then, but maybe not, and perhaps playing it will make me go with my initial desire for a CE when the hype was flowing. I actually like the look of the LE art over the CE art aside from the cabinet art. A CE with the LE backglass and blue armor would be perfection. That said, I don't think the cabinet art and signatures are enough for me to drop $12,500 on the game. Sadly, I'm not a fan of the big everlasting gobstopper target and I still can't get past how the back digital screen seems to do very little. That said, still looks like a really fun game...Pinfest can't come soon enough.

#599 4 years ago

About the code - Joe Katz said during the stream that while the code isn’t finished, and there are no wizard modes in place yet, that the game was pretty much all there and the code would just be getting polished and tweaked going forward and that the game would ship code complete.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More like dredd.

You mean more like dread...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
10,000 (Firm)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/12?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.