letter h (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
92f1c59635afb8db992d8d3fd68f1ce8-2.jpg
harrypotter03.jpg
wonka-blu-ray.jpg
piq8qnz7T (resized).png
k0rp49wdvoi2 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.
#501 5 years ago

Wow i love the stacking of everything ..

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

kid mb name needs to be changed. Want to see that elevator...

It's already changed once. The Licensor objected to the original name, Brat Multiball (which is a WAY better name), so they had to change it.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's already changed once. The Licensor objected to the original name, Brat Multiball (which is a WAY better name), so they had to change it.

Win some u lose some with licensing unfortunately

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I played 7-8 games on it tonight. Wait to shoot it before forming an opinion. I thought it had great flow, satisfying shots, and cool toys.

Damn, after watching the reveal, I thought I suddenly had an extra ten grand to spend on hookers and blow. Now what am I supposed to do with my Friday evening?

#505 5 years ago

Keith blowing it up.. more i see the better it gets. Nice job jjp and pat

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Win some u lose some with licensing unfortunately

Pretty hilarious that the Dahl family got hung up on "Brat" (which is in the book) when Dahl has the kids licking penis paper (recommended for a nursery!) in the book and movie.

And why not Twerp Multiball? It certainly sounds WAY better than Kid Multiball, and is likely less "offensive" than Brat to the estate family.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

is that really another CAMERA facing the player? Purpose?

Yes. It has multiple uses. Takes pictures of the player for Wonkavision and does the standard high score pic. Not sure what else.

#508 5 years ago

There is a lot in this game going on than meets the eye. The light show is incredible. Every shot feels like butter and satisfying including shots off upper flippers. That upper left flipper to ball lock is tough but feels great when hit. Shot from upper right is so fun. Everything on the playfield is fun. The game is fun. This is going to rival our WOZ and POTC for playtime easily.

The main toy gobstopper is a great toy. Simple but fun. Wonkavision is well done too. The ball lock is cool and when someone unleashes the 5 ball multiball it feels epic.

I don’t know if these things aren’t translating over twitch stream but in person we just want to keep playing.

#509 5 years ago

Here is the underside by the way.

B9363C8D-164F-4C64-94C3-32285FB5622D (resized).jpegB9363C8D-164F-4C64-94C3-32285FB5622D (resized).jpeg
#510 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty hilarious that the Dahl family got hung up on "Brat" (which is in the book) when Dahl has the kids licking penis paper (recommended for a nursery!) in the book and movie.

Indeed strange

#511 5 years ago

Am I the only
One reminded of rollercoaster tycoon?

Looks
Like a fun game to me. Can’t wait to play it.

#512 5 years ago

No multicolored balls?

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I the only
Looks

Nope. I said that exact same thing. I think it's the WW wavy logo on the side of the cabinet. Strong visual correlation.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I the only
Looks

More like dredd.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. It has multiple uses. Takes pictures of the player for Wonkavision and does the standard high score pic. Not sure what else.

And any mention on when these would be shipping? Guessing CE will be a bit, as pf not what will be on final release?

Sorry for belated questions....east coast guy calling it a night....like what I see, but don't love it...yet

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And any mention on when these would be shipping? Guessing CE will be a bit, as pf not what will be on final release?
Sorry for belated questions....east coast guy calling it a night....like what I see, but don't love it...yet

Mid summer they said. I’ll believe it when it see it. Can’t wait to play.

#519 5 years ago

People need to take a deep breath and chill out for a moment.

The game is stunning and looks like it plays beautifully. Too much hype going into this reveal and it seems that many people were expecting the parting of the Red Sea or something!

I'm sure that in time, many of you will realize that this is an incredible game. I too was waiting for a complete show stopper, but when you compare it to what's currently out there, it really is a cut above the rest.

One thing I think is a joke though, is the numbers of production. 500 CE's? 5000 LE's? Give me a break! From the collector side of it, there's nothing that's truly limited and makes a CE buyer immediately going to an LE.

Other than that I think that JJP has designed something special and look forward to playing it.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Spinning gobstopper ahhh no
Their games always feel like slot machines to me

I thought the same thing and the background disney park music is just like OZ? Not very pinballish for me with flutes and tinker bells. When I first heard of this game I imagined pop bumpers in the shape of mushrooms but dont see pop bumpers at all? The upper left may be one but didn't see it used much. The wonkavision is a great idea! I like how the modes and rules seem to be easy to understand just walking up to it.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

These newer pins seem to essentially be repeats. I looked at this and seriously thought - Wizard of Oz 2.0. Nothing other than theme that strongly differentiates. Originality seems be lacking in these machines today. Where are the new innovative artists ? Love my Lawlor and Ritchie pins but I’m ready for the new kid on the block with new ideas

Um, this new kid brought us JJP Pirates. Everyone was wowed by it. And then most of y'all didn't buy it. Yes yes know about the delays and the disc and the chest.

#522 5 years ago

Early summer. In June is what we are being told.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Um, this new kid brought us JJP Pirates. And most of y'all didn't buy it.

And they missed out on a fantastic pin. Still my favorite. I’m excited/interested/in on Wonka, but I see it as a peer to POTC not a replacement.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And they missed out on a fantastic pin. Still my favorite. I’m excited/interested/in on Wonka, but I see it as a peer to POTC not a replacement.

No chocolate waterfall backboard= no sale
Pirates had a starfield

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I also have a 10 year old daughter who is a fan of the movie, but has no desire for me to add the machine to our collection after watching the video for a few minutes.

What kind of parents are you...teaching your kids to judge a pinball machine before they play it?

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I played 7-8 games on it tonight. Wait to shoot it before forming an opinion. I thought it had great flow, satisfying shots, and cool toys. I can’t wait to own it and think it’s going to be a huge hit.

Finally, a comment from someone who has played it, thank you sir.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Um, this new kid brought us JJP Pirates. Everyone was wowed by it. And then most of y'all didn't buy it. Yes yes know about the delays and the disc and the chest.

In that case, what about that new kid named Keith over at stern?

#528 5 years ago

12500...right up the fudge tunnel without a boat.

#529 5 years ago

I wonder how many Special Limited Collectors Editions they are going to come out with. What would Vegas put the under/over at, 6?

#530 5 years ago

They won’t even need to do that - the numbers announced tonight will be plenty: 500 CEs and 5000 LEs will be more than enough to cover everything.

#531 5 years ago

well I love the theme but I'm on the fence on this pinball machine for the simple reason that there's too much other stuff coming. Bryan Eddy's new pin is coming from Stern & Deeproot we should be hearing something within the next 3 months as to what their agenda is also. I don't hate it and I'm sure it's super smooth as many of Lawlor's games are I just need to re-evaluate in the months ahead after we hear from these other companies....and American Pinball too. Oktoberfest looks nice also. I'm starting to wonder if we are witnessing the Beginning of the End for Pinball......saturation is occurring right now and it has me so undecided....I'm not sure what to pull the trigger on......certainly other buyers out there have got to be having similar thoughts.

#532 5 years ago

I wish I could find an opinion from someone who hasn’t played it. Anyone? I know somebody out there hasn’t played it.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

So does anyone have a clue what Kaneda was referring when he said there was a mind-blowing new toy/feature in the game?

Ever lasting Knob Stopper ?

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow i love the stacking of everything ..

Stacking lost balls in subway ?

#535 5 years ago

Lol

Someone over there needs to look up the word “limited” in the dictionary.

rd

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from xo4all:

No multicolored balls?

Mod Time!

#537 5 years ago

Is there the Oompa Loompa song in the game? Can’t tell if I heard or not?

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

LE>CE>>>>>>>>>Standard

Standard is the best bang for the buck, just add anti-glare glass...

#539 5 years ago

After watching more video and looking at the feature matrix the $7500 SE makes any Stern premium model look like a rip off. The amount of not only features but build quality and code work over a Stern premium is astounding. Hell, the standard edition makes pretty much all Stern LE's look sparse feature wise.

Even if you don't like Willy Wonka something needs to be said about how Stern has been charging $7500 for premiums and $9k for their LE's. It's obvious now they have a huge profit margin with their premium / LE's. This isn't about about the games being fun of not but rather the value offered by them for what we are getting in terms of features, build quality, and code quality.

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Is there the Oompa Loompa song in the game? Can’t tell if I heard or not?

Kind of.
The pop bumpers play this song. You get one word per each hit of a pop bumper. So if the ball stays in the pops for awhile you get to hear the song.

#541 5 years ago

l

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After watching more video and looking at the feature matrix the $7500 SE makes any Stern premium model look like a complete rip off. The amount of not only features but build quality and code work over a Stern premium is astounding. Hell, the standard edition makes pretty much all Stern LE's look sparse feature wise.
Even if you don't like Willy Wonka something needs to be said about how Stern has been charging $7500 for premiums and $9k for their LE's. It's obvious they have have a huge profit margin in their games. Yup, we've been getting ripped off especially when you consider the quality of the parts and cabinet quality of recent Sterns. This isn't about about the games being fun of not but rather the value offered by them for what we are getting in terms of features, build quality, and code quality.

I love my Munsters LE great game
Sometimes less is more
Cabinet build is great wouldn’t trade it for anything hella fun
I don’t always want to read a rule book nor do I want something taking my picture
And I don’t need a jumbo screen
What the deal with the big monster screen?
Just makes me feel like why are playing pinball anyway why don’t we just go watch a movie or something

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"An SDTM Production"? An?

Haha yeah what’s wrong with that?

#543 5 years ago

Looking forward to flipping this one. My first impression is I’d rather own a POTC but would be happy to plop plenty of quarters into Wonka.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha yeah what’s wrong with that?

Grammar? A vat of liquid chocolate does not absolve one of following the rules of grammar.

#545 5 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for watching! It was a fun, exciting night for pinball and it was an honor to be even a small part of it.

I have the video uploading to YouTube now, but it's a long vid so it's going to need a while to process.

In the meantime I have clipped out two parts of the stream for easy viewing:

Intro: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410305790
Gameplay: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410307900

Enjoy!

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After watching more video and looking at the feature matrix the $7500 SE makes any Stern premium model look like a rip off. The amount of not only features but build quality and code work over a Stern premium is astounding. Hell, the standard edition makes pretty much all Stern LE's look sparse feature wise.
Even if you don't like Willy Wonka something needs to be said about how Stern has been charging $7500 for premiums and $9k for their LE's. It's obvious now they have a huge profit margin with their premium / LE's. This isn't about about the games being fun of not but rather the value offered by them for what we are getting in terms of features, build quality, and code quality.

I won’t argue with you.

Having nothing to do with Stern, the hype for this machine promised the moon and I believe quite a few folks feel underwhelmed due to that.

#548 5 years ago

I'm officially interested! I really don't have a machine similar to this layout, I've always liked Lawlor's other games, and JJp's new standard pricing is great as well! Also with JJP I know they will not abandon the code... It's refreshing to see so many options now. I've got a friend who loves Okotoberfest, and another that really gets into sterns music pins... There really are options for everyone nowadays.

#549 5 years ago

I didn’t see the best game ever!! Was hoping it was going to be awesome but for the price give me a Ww Congo and a mousin’ around. Am I wrong? Did I miss something?

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I won’t argue with you.
Having nothing to do with Stern, the hype for this machine promised the moon and I believe quite a few folks feel underwhelmed due to that.

I agree, I was just talking about SE pricing. Overall I feel Wonka is offering less features overall compared to past JJP titles. Still looks like a lot of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,434 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details/page/11?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.