Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gasoline
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I might as well set Pinside ablaze now. Played some Willy Wonka at Pintastic and I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one. Either the demo models they have here are beat up or the game is just flat out boring and the shots and gameplay seem FLOATY. I've heard some people complain in other threads about code for the game......not much to it IMO. Also the build quality of the demo models are lacking. To top it off Wonka doesn't even make use of the animated backglass. I hope that's not a sign of things to come from JJP. IMO Dialed In and Hobbit are still their best......I know Pirates will probably become the most valuable because it didn't sell as well as the others but it's a great game. I cant say the same for Willy Wonka......it just feels......BLEH....and for $9500 + tax and shipping the gameplay shouldn't be BLEH. Buyer Beware......its just not very good.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Played some Willy Wonka at Pintastic

Did you ask if the games you played were prototypes or production models. ( if LE or CE, most likely prototypes )

Could effect your experience.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Well JJP games have a loooong history of being set up like shit at shows sadly.

Quoted from Chicoman:

.it just feels......BLEH....and for $9500 + tax and shipping ...

The Standard is $7500 and usually you wouldn't be paying both shipping and tax.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you ask if the games you played were prototypes or production models. ( if LE or CE, most likely prototypes )
Could effect your experience.

The prototype excuse is old new you take a game to a show to sell your product You set up a game properly and don't make excuses

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The prototype excuse is old new you take a game to a show to sell your product You set up a game properly and don't make excuses

Has there ever been a JJP thread you don't crap in ?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can answer that Lloyd. NO NO and NO

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I might as well set Pinside ablaze now.

By making a new thread to say something that would have fit perfectly well in one of the existing threads? I'll call the fire department.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Many has there ever been a JJP game you dont try and explain away the issues they may have

#9 4 years ago

Prototype setup wrong that's weak

#10 4 years ago

I own 4 Sterns, all 3 CGCs, and going on 3 JJPs.

The fact that anyone questions JJPs quality/dedication is laughable

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Many has there ever been a JJP game you dont try and explain away the issues they may have

At least three.

Quoted from JY64:

Prototype setup wrong that's weak

Try and get it right. I never said anything about setup wrong.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I never said anything about setup wrong

No you did not the third poster did the fact is I had no intention of adding the thread but post two and three were excuses for the game.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It's a good point, though. No? Why would you demo a machine and have it set up poorly? I don't buy the common "we don't want the toys or plastics to break from hard flips" excuse. Then they'd be breaking left and right for every customer.

#14 4 years ago

You cannot expect code to be complete 100% on a game that just came out.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I guess that's true in this industry for some reason, at least nowadays. We're all spending a lot of money to be beta testers and research groups. The good news is that we can all hope new games turn into something we want.

I really don't understand why we all spend so much money on a product that isn't really even ready for judgement, and then we get mad at companies for not delivering what we hoped it would some day become. We are a strange bunch (yes, I've done it too).

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Except JJP said the games would ship with completed code. It was a bullet point they emphasized.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from stantman:

I guess that's true in this industry for some reason, at least nowadays. ...

Anything after EM has always been like this. W/B games in the 90s have plenty of code improvement/upgrades over time.

#18 4 years ago

Seriously? What software does ship complete.... wait - maybe a digital toaster?

#19 4 years ago

This thread really seems gratuitous. It's one thing if you didn't enjoy the game for any number of reasons, it's another to create a thread solely to crap on it.

This feels disrespectful to the manufacturer and designers behind the game.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Only in pinball can we utter a phrase like that.

Also, (to the OP) - passing on all of the other Wonka threads available to post in just so you can have the spotlight indicates to me that you just needed some extra attention tonight possibly. How’s that working out so far?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I might as well set Pinside ablaze now. Played some Willy Wonka at Pintastic and I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one. Either the demo models they have here are beat up or the game is just flat out boring and the shots and gameplay seem FLOATY. I've heard some people complain in other threads about code for the game......not much to it IMO. Also the build quality of the demo models are lacking. To top it off Wonka doesn't even make use of the animated backglass. I hope that's not a sign of things to come from JJP. IMO Dialed In and Hobbit are still their best......I know Pirates will probably become the most valuable because it didn't sell as well as the others but it's a great game. I cant say the same for Willy Wonka......it just feels......BLEH....and for $9500 + tax and shipping the gameplay shouldn't be BLEH. Buyer Beware......its just not very good.

You lost all credibility when you said The Hobbit is one of their best. I'll disregard anything you say going forward. Lol.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You lost all credibility when you said The Hobbit is one of their best. I'll disregard anything you say going forward. Lol.

It is, easily one of their best coded games to date with incredible depth / variety and animations. Animations on Wonka do look very nice though. The entire display of Wonka represents the chocolate factory and it changes throughout the game, pretty damn awesome.

#23 4 years ago

You will have to play the CE.

That extra $3,500 makes all the difference in the world.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is, easily one of their best coded games to date with incredible depth / variety and animations. Animations on Wonka do look very nice though. The entire display of Wonka represents the chocolate factory and it changes throughout the game, pretty damn awesome.

I can't stand those pop up targets

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No you did not the third poster did the fact is I had no intention of adding the thread but post two and three were excuses for the game.

Wanna know what's funny? Hes right.

At pintastic I had 20 games on prototypes, I was at a solid 7 rating for the way it shot, wasnt impressed. There is a production standard in the VIP lounge I found, NIGHT AND DAY, it shoots amazingly well.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I spent 30 minutes with eric from jjp, who is an awesome guy btw, and he explained the display and some of the depth of code. Almost everything on that screen means something, just like for pirates.

They do use the animated board, you just dont know how to read it yet

#27 4 years ago

The prototype oh POTC was usually broken at level 257 and then it disappeared. But the production POTC is pretty awesome. Maybe the same situation with Wonka? I haven’t had a chance to play it yet, but am looking forward to it.

#28 4 years ago

I've played a floaty, boring Iron Man.

PS: I enjoyed playing WW myself.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I've played a floaty, boring Iron Man.

Pitch and level are probably the most pivotal aspects of enjoyability.
Doesn't seem like its that hard to setup a game, but surprisingly, there are a lot of people who don't know any better. Had one guy ask me why I brought a level to a show. He said he just leaves the legs the same way anywhere he goes, "just don't mix the fronts with the backs".

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Seriously, it's SO OLD. I'm all for balanced criticism of all pin manufacturers, but this is ridiculous and tiresome.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seriously, it's SO OLD. I'm all for balanced criticism of all pin manufacturers, but this is ridiculous and tiresome.

If he was at least comedic, it might have value. But it's the same tired ass shit, every thread. No creativity or humor in his trolling.

#32 4 years ago

not only does he need to play more jjp's, but he needs some nookie!

#33 4 years ago

Check out zaphX streaming Wonka play now:

https://www.twitch.tv/nspinball

#34 4 years ago

zaphX (Derek) is streaming again if you have questions and want to watch some Wonka SE play:

https://www.twitch.tv/nspinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-pinball?hl=stantman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.