Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see Willy Wonka get made?”

• Yes 224 votes
      74%
    • No 36 votes
      12%
    • Don't care 41 votes
      14%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

481863_1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    0925181822[1] (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    51Gpv+5VTPL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    large (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    30052015_1980168405568634_8162717983088031343_o (resized).jpg
    bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
    54132D79-F412-4F5B-99C4-ED3E42233B7B (resized).jpeg
    A5EB3D00-767D-4228-9ECE-FC8C33550DB1 (resized).jpeg
    D832CAF3-684B-4560-AF53-5938BCFD098D (resized).jpeg
    Picture 011 (resized).jpg
    v3 (resized).jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No way Pat (or any Stern/JJP designer) is doing two in a row. So he's either doing Toy Story or Wonka, and since Toy Story was originally supposed to be first, that's the one he's likely doing. He may be helping with Wonka in an advisory role, but I seriously doubt it's his design.

IIRC Jack said both were shootable already - and that was around when DI was unveiled. He's supposedly been working on the next two for years already. Though whether they really are Wonka, Toy Story or any of the other rumoured titles is open to question.

Also, Aerosmith and GotG were essentially back to back - 6 months apart. Both Borg titles.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

IIRC Jack said both were shootable already - and that was around when DI was unveiled. He's supposedly been working on the next two for years already. Though whether they really are Wonka, Toy Story or any of the other rumoured titles is open to question.
    Also, Aerosmith and GotG were essentially back to back - 6 months apart. Both Borg titles.

Stern is a sweatshop and Borg has been recycling layouts for the last 10 years, so I shouldn't have even mentioned Stern.

The only other title for JJP from the leak years ago that hasn't been produced or heard about is Muppets, but I hope they aren't doing it. Wonka, Toy Story, and Guns n Roses are WAY more exciting.

#103 5 years ago

I'd potentially take Muppets over Wonka. Depends how campy Disney allowed them to have it ... probably not much then. Toy Story and GnR I couldn't care less about.

#104 5 years ago

Willy Wonka is always in, there's even a tour right now of the new Broadway musical version, which is crappy (I think it was piggybacking off the Matilda musical) but people turn up for it because it's Willy Wonka. It's one of the themes that multiple non-pinhead friends have asked me about - it surprises them that there ISN'T one already. Not sure what the rights situation is like, but it seems like an evergreen theme.

#105 5 years ago

Just, please..... NO “ Candy Man” song in this pin. That song causes flu- like symptoms every time I hear it.

#106 5 years ago

Shouldn't spooky be doing this title? I mean even though it's supposed to be a kids movie, it certainly has it's scary and dark moments. Plus "Charlie and the chocolate factory"... Charlie Emery and the spooky factory? It's meant to be.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Shouldn't spooky be doing this title? I mean even though it's supposed to be a kids movie, it certainly has it's scary and dark moments. Plus "Charlie and the chocolate factory"... Charlie Emery and the spooky factory? It's meant to be.

I love Spooky, but only JJP could have made WOZ, and that’s what I want, a WOZ loaded Willy Wonka.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Just, please..... NO “ Candy Man” song in this pin. That song causes flu- like symptoms every time I hear it.

I imagine the licensing cost for that song would make it a non-starter, so you're safe.

1 week later
    #109 5 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I want Big Trouble In Little China Pinball.
    Please Jersey Jack Pinball or Stern, make it happend

Big trouble and goonies would be amazing!

#110 5 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China was the #76 Movie in 1986 and made less than Howard the Duck. It's not getting made no matter how many times the same 3 people post about it.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Big Trouble in Little China was the #76 Movie in 1986 and made less than Howard the Duck. It's not getting made no matter how many times the same 3 people post about it.

The Big Lebowski was ranked #96 in 1998.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

If it has enough heat to get the remake that's coming, that's surely enough attention for a pinball machine.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Amen. I was a teenager at the time and this move got zero attention. Lebowski has a cult following and is brilliant in its own way. No idea why anyone, including the disappearing podcaster, this is a theme worth licensing.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Amen. I was a teenager at the time and this move got zero attention.

The marketing and release timing for Big Trouble in Little China is the reason John Carpenter stopped doing "Hollywood studio" movies and went independent. He was (and still is) pissed at how it was handled.

#115 5 years ago

Jjp should hire gouveia, the red smoke and monkey mod creator, for sculpts if they do Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Jjp should hire gouveia, the red smoke and monkey mod creator, for sculpts if they do Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory

That'd be great. Anyone other than whoever did that mongoloid witch in WoZ. Up close that sculpt is atriocious!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The marketing and release timing for Big Trouble in Little China is the reason John Carpenter stopped doing "Hollywood studio" movies and went independent. He was (and still is) pissed at how it was handled.

Halloween needs a pin before BTILC.

#118 5 years ago

Willy Wonka?

Sometimes I wonder how some here ever got in a situation where they are wealthy enough to afford these machines in the first place.

#119 5 years ago

BTiLC’s licensing would probably be dirt cheap! And the world of licensing is weird... for a theme like Iron Maiden to make a big splash makes me really question the metrics used (if any) to decide which theme to produce. No offense meant to IM fans But Metallica is mainstream enough to be heard playing in grocery stores now. Same with AC/DC. I think GnR would be a bigger hit as well. So how does Stern justify IM?

Wonka definitely has a larger audience then IM so I can see why it’s on deck to be released. Same with Toy Story! A theme that may help KIDS get into pinball at an earlier age is marketing genius.

Random thought: I wonder how much of the theming choices are driven by personnel with clout forcing it? In that case, BTiLC has a chance (which I would be happy with) but i’d personally push for... The Princess Bride.

I can’t imagine the licensing for that being too expensive.

#120 5 years ago

Hmm, don't care one way or another on the theme, but since people are sharing their Big Trouble in little China memories -- I'm 49 and I don't know a person in my circle of friends that hasn't seen it. It seemed to have a cult following at the time. None of us saw it in the theater, but it was one of those HBO movies that everyone ended up watching ten times and quoting. That being said, I don't think I've thought of the movie once in the past 25 years or so outside of this thread.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Halloween needs a pin before BTILC.

Jack's not doing a horror game. He's said he wants family friendly pins only. GnR 2.0 is as close to the edge as they'll ever get.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Random thought: I wonder how much of the theming choices are driven by personnel with clout forcing it? In that case, BTiLC has a chance (which I would be happy with) but i’d personally push for... The Princess Bride.
    I can’t imagine the licensing for that being too expensive.

Supposedly, and sadly, Stern has that one locked up. JJP would have killed that one. So many possibilities.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

If they really did swap Wonka and Toy Story releases on the schedule, Wonka is too close to change much. However, jjPotC delays have really compressed the schedule TS/Wonka should have been announced this Summer and they haven't even started making jjPotC yet, so who knows?

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack's not doing a horror game. He's said he wants family friendly pins only. GnR 2.0 is as close to the edge as they'll ever get.

Who said it had to be JJP?

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack's not doing a horror game. He's said he wants family friendly pins only

Doesn't get much more family friendly than this!

51Gpv+5VTPL._SY445_ (resized).jpg51Gpv+5VTPL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    #127 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Our Dachshund growing up was named Buffy from that show!

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

We had a hamster named Jody.

#129 5 years ago

Family Values ?

#130 5 years ago

Can we get a Mrs. Beasley bash toy?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #131 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What's the bash toy? Mrs Beasley?

EDIT: Haha. Beat me by 53 seconds.

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Buffy's brother was named Jody. We gave Jody to cousins, and he didn't live long from what I heard.

Buffy lived to be over 16, got hit by a car 7 times in her life, and finally died from complications of surgery after the 7th car hit.

What a life....

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Buffy lived to be over 16, got hit by a car 7 times in her life, and finally died from complications of surgery after the 7th car hit.

What a life....

Sounds like she held up better than the other Buffy, or her sister Cissy for that matter.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like she held up better than the other Buffy, or her sister Cissy for that matter.

Funny...I just looked her up. Hadn't realized she was dead.

#135 5 years ago

Jody's still kicking though!

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #137 5 years ago

Daddy I want a Willy Wonka pinball machine NOW!

IS there any more info on this speculation? I'm tempted to get a jjpotc but would hold off if WW was within a year of being released.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Daddy I want a Willy Wonka pinball machine NOW!
    IS there any more info on this speculation? I'm tempted to get a jjpotc but would hold off if WW was within a year of being released.

Just played a JJPOTC yesterday, and it’s not for me, so I’m really looking forward to WONKA!

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Quoted from o-din:

My wife has an Uncle Bill.

#140 5 years ago

A Willy Wonka loaded with toys and scenes from the movie, the way WOZ is, I would give my money day 1 to JJP. Cherry on the cake would be if the license also includes the songs, so I won't have to sing in my head like I do playing WOZ !

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Saul....what business you in?

Nuts!

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

A Willy Wonka loaded with toys and scenes from the movie, the way WOZ is, I would give my money day 1 to JJP.

Yep,same here. I think WOZ is one of the best themes I've seen in pinball.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with it's many possibilities is right up there too.

Wonka ,in his office near the end where he losers it a bit.

Says to Charlie and grandpa "You get nothing" "You lose" "Good day sir" !!

#143 5 years ago

#144 5 years ago

Snozzberries is a great LGBTQ theme, would be nice for the companies that make pinball to not ignore this market segment.

#145 5 years ago

Why was everything in his office cut in half?

Movie was genius.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why was everything in his office cut in half?
    Movie was genius.

My theory was that they did that to show he was really just half a man inside. He wanted so badly to find a child who could join in on his vision in life that he felt so empty inside. Hence the huge blow up in the end when he thought Charlie took the everlasting Gobstopper. Just my thought.

#147 5 years ago

Gene Wilder should have won an Academy Award for his performance in Willy Wonka. One of the greatest performances out there!

#148 5 years ago

Huge fan of the book and first movie (remake, not so much and I'm kind of a Tim Burton fanboy) and big Gene Wilder fan on top of it. His picture graces the hallways of The University of Iowa's Theater Department to this day, as one of their most celebrated students. This print is by the wonderful Shane Swank, who works as a free lance artist out of southern Wisconsin.

0925181822[1] (resized).jpg0925181822[1] (resized).jpg
    #149 5 years ago

I really hope its not this title. I love the movie, but i'm just tired of retread decades old themes. Original or up to date or it just doesn't interest me. I wish JJP would stop doing all this disney crap. Muppets, no thanks. Toy Story, hell no and Wonka can go wank it.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I really hope its not this title. I love the movie, but i'm just tired of retread decades old themes. Original or up to date or it just doesn't interest me. I wish JJP would stop doing all this disney crap. Muppets, no thanks. Toy Story, hell no and Wonka can go wank it.

Fine go buy a Dialed In, the rest of us will buy a WONKA

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-pinball-speculation-thread/page/3?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.