Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see Willy Wonka get made?”

• Yes 224 votes
      74%
    • No 36 votes
      12%
    • Don't care 41 votes
      14%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

481863_1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    0925181822[1] (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    51Gpv+5VTPL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    large (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    30052015_1980168405568634_8162717983088031343_o (resized).jpg
    bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
    54132D79-F412-4F5B-99C4-ED3E42233B7B (resized).jpeg
    A5EB3D00-767D-4228-9ECE-FC8C33550DB1 (resized).jpeg
    D832CAF3-684B-4560-AF53-5938BCFD098D (resized).jpeg
    Picture 011 (resized).jpg
    v3 (resized).jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

A podcaster said that the retheme rumor was the dumbest thing he had ever heard.

I kind of agree with him, I would be surprised to see this as a retheme. Not even sure where, when or how that rumor started.

#52 6 years ago

I agree. No way it's a re-theme. Jjp is way too young to use a layout twice, plus who would really expect the most innovative pinball company to reuse an old design. Jjp wants to make only premium innovative designed machines. A classic wonka game would be awesome, and a huge hit for jjp.

#53 6 years ago

Absolutely in it was a JJP build....absolutely not if it was a Stern build

#54 6 years ago

Next grouping of Wonka Issues probably going into mail tomorrow....Thanks again!

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Next grouping of Wonka Issues probably going into mail tomorrow....Thanks again!

Got mine today, looking forward to having more time to look it over in more detail. Thanks Ted!

#56 6 years ago

My pleasure!

#57 6 years ago

I hope its Willy Wonka, done with the same magic as WOZ. Hobbit was ok, Dialed in is great, but its hard to beat WOZ for best of show. Maybe because it was one of the first pinball games I started playing. I visited SS billiards for the first time maybe 2 weeks before his WOZ showed up.

2 weeks later
    #58 6 years ago

This done with the original movie. Not a JD fan.

1 month later
    #59 6 years ago

D832CAF3-684B-4560-AF53-5938BCFD098D (resized).jpegD832CAF3-684B-4560-AF53-5938BCFD098D (resized).jpeg

A5EB3D00-767D-4228-9ECE-FC8C33550DB1 (resized).jpegA5EB3D00-767D-4228-9ECE-FC8C33550DB1 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
    #60 5 years ago

Just watched the latest SDTM episode sounds like some strong speculation for wonka to be the next JJP PIN, i would trade all my games for a WW pin it’s a grail theme for me for sure!

#61 5 years ago

If they're really going to do this, they HAVE to get the rights to the Imagination song, with Gene Wilder singing it!

#62 5 years ago

Nokoro hell ya would be nothing without it!

#63 5 years ago

Can anyone fill in details? I just read on another site that WW is the next JJP (not toy Story).

If true, and especially after the "discapointement" of JJPotc, then I would totally wait for a willy wonka machine. Friends already say coming to my place is like being at willy wonka's! (Having a nice TAF for friends to play might have something to do with it- but i can hold onto that machine for another year and a half if WW is on the way).

#64 5 years ago

Pat Lawlor is the Willy Wonka of pinball, so if JJP are making WIWO he has to design it!!!

#65 5 years ago

I want Big Trouble In Little China Pinball.

Please Jersey Jack Pinball or Stern, make it happend

54132D79-F412-4F5B-99C4-ED3E42233B7B (resized).jpeg54132D79-F412-4F5B-99C4-ED3E42233B7B (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
    #67 5 years ago

Willy Wonka would be a FANTASTIC theme and if gameplay and WOZ level inventiveness matches up, I could finally stomach JJP pricing

Come on JJP start leaking some info!

#68 5 years ago

With a library of a mere four games a retheme would seem unlikely. If they did a retheme it wouldn’t be Wizard of Oz anyway since it was their best selling game, Dialed In! would be my guess if they did a retheme but it seems unlikely.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

More
    Agreed, but maybe JJP can price it more realistically if it is a re-theme.

Do you really see them lowering prices? Im not sure they’d know how to do that

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just watched the latest SDTM episode sounds like some strong speculation for wonka to be the next JJP PIN, i would trade all my games for a WW pin it’s a grail theme for me for sure!

Well since you’re sitting on about $20 k of pin value you must want this pretty badly!

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Swapping up Willy Wonka release with Toy Story is fine by me. WW should be toy-central, like WoZ. Very interested in it.

#72 5 years ago

Man I hope this rumor is true. What an awesome theme. This would look great sitting next to WOZ, assuming it is executed well.

I’m sitting here thinking of so many toys and modes that are just screaming to be in this pin. But I need to stop that so I do not get disappointed.

I’m assuming this would be a Lawlor pin - unless JJP has another secret designer up their sleeve. Was there any mention of the designer along with this rumor?

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

Man I hope this rumor is true. What an awesome theme. This would look great sitting next to WOZ, assuming it is executed well.
    I’m sitting here thinking of so many toys and modes that are just screaming to be in this pin. But I need to stop that so I do not get disappointed.
    I’m assuming this would be a Lawlor pin - unless JJP has another secret designer up their sleeve. Was there any mention of the designer along with this rumor?

Lawlor is doing Toy Story, which is why I assume the switch happened. Lawlor probably needs more time OR they want to time the pin release better with Toy Story 4 next June.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I want Big Trouble In Little China Pinball.
    Please Jersey Jack Pinball or Stern, make it happend

I've always thought BTiLC would make a great pin.

bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpgbigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
    #75 5 years ago

I,m sorry ? How deep can a game get based on chocolate. Thank god for remakes n updating them.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I,m sorry ? How deep can a game get based on chocolate. Thank god for remakes n updating them.

Based on chocolate? You clearly have not watched the movie nor read the source book. Wonka has all kinds of candy, chocolate, and treats, not just chocolate.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Lawlor is doing Toy Story, which is why I assume the switch happened. Lawlor probably needs more time OR they want to time the pin release better with Toy Story 4 next June.

Very interesting. I will be eager to find out who is designing this.

#78 5 years ago

Fizzy lifting drink hurry up. If you dont hit and grandpa Joe and Charlie get diced up.

#79 5 years ago

The slot machine by the same company has a pachinko bonus level

#80 5 years ago

So much they can do with this theme .

#81 5 years ago

Lots of fun things you can do with modes, and loved what JJP did with OZ.
    Its going to be packed.
    30052015_1980168405568634_8162717983088031343_o (resized).jpg30052015_1980168405568634_8162717983088031343_o (resized).jpg

#82 5 years ago

Even though I do enjoy the woz game, I personally Don't need to own one.

If a Wonka game is made, that is the theme that would be close to my heart.

Very very hard to resist the pull of that one. If it's coming.

I think what I was trying to imply as well is that wizard of oz the movie was not my thing.

A willy wonka with Gene wilder is a shot in the bullseye in that category, for me.

I can't be the only guy who liked veruca salt. Can I?

Strange bottom line... Wonka is my favorite film. Of all of them. Movies.

That itself makes the theme shine.

Oh and this remake of the song I want it now. By Primus. Excellent.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #83 5 years ago

Wonka. Great for families and has an adult level of humor. Would be a home run.

#84 5 years ago

It would be neat to have a powerball in it that glowed purple!

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Great for families

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
    #87 5 years ago

^^^ A good mode to activate the triple disks ...

#88 5 years ago

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker...

#89 5 years ago

If this happens, retheme or not, I think this will be the first pinball machine my wife will demand I buy lest I want to be cut off forever . Seriously, she's going to lose it if this really happens. I was never a big fan of that movie, but you can do so much with that theme.

#90 5 years ago

Wouldn’t it be a great surprise if Ben Heck was the designer!

#91 5 years ago

Is it raining is it snowing is a hurricane a blowing....

#93 5 years ago

JJP/Pat Lawlor could make this very special.

#94 5 years ago

Will JJP make another standard body? I hope so!

#95 5 years ago

IMO Wonka could be a second WOZ for JJP, if it's based on the original film, and given the same love, attention to detail and depth of code.

It could, again, widen the audience from the usual pinheads.

It could sell virtually indefinitely.

Pat, Keith & Ted all working on it together would be something of a dream team, too.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO Wonka could be a second WOZ for JJP, if it's based on the original film, and given the same love, attention to detail and depth of code.
    It could, again, widen the audience from the usual pinheads.
    It could sell virtually indefinitely.
    Pat, Keith & Ted all working on it together would be something of a dream team, too.

Well, it's almost certainly not Pat because he's on Toy Story.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's almost certainly not Pat because he's on Toy Story.

Well given the amount of work still being done on Pirates, I'm pretty sure Eric isn't working on a second game yet.

Pat was said to already be working heavily on 2 more games, by Jack, when DI was revealed, and was rumoured to have been working on 3 of them before DI was shown. Seems consistent.

So I'd say Pat is almost a foregone conclusion unless they've managed to keep it extremely quiet about getting a new, or new old designer in.

#98 5 years ago

If this is a real thing, I look forward to whoever is doing it's own interpretation of this classic book. Since others have also had success with this.
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Well given the amount of work still being done on Pirates, I'm pretty sure Eric isn't working on a second game yet.
    Pat was said to already be working heavily on 2 more games, by Jack, when DI was revealed, and was rumoured to have been working on 3 of them before DI was shown. Seems consistent.
    So I'd say Pat is almost a foregone conclusion unless they've managed to keep it extremely quiet about getting a new, or new old designer in.

No way Pat (or any Stern/JJP designer) is doing two in a row. So he's either doing Toy Story or Wonka, and since Toy Story was originally supposed to be first, that's the one he's likely doing. He may be helping with Wonka in an advisory role, but I seriously doubt it's his design.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-pinball-speculation-thread/page/2?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.