Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see Willy Wonka get made?”

• Yes 224 votes
      74%
    • No 36 votes
      12%
    • Don't care 41 votes
      14%

(301 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

481863_1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    0925181822[1] (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    51Gpv+5VTPL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    large (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    30052015_1980168405568634_8162717983088031343_o (resized).jpg
    bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
    54132D79-F412-4F5B-99C4-ED3E42233B7B (resized).jpeg
    A5EB3D00-767D-4228-9ECE-FC8C33550DB1 (resized).jpeg
    D832CAF3-684B-4560-AF53-5938BCFD098D (resized).jpeg
    Picture 011 (resized).jpg
    v3 (resized).jpg
    There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 6 years ago

These rumors seem to have gotten more prevalent/serious lately and would love to hear others' (positive) thoughts on this theme and how it could be integrated.

I really hope this theme gets made and my personal preference would be JJP. The rumor is they have the license, I would be heartbroken if another distributor got this license. No offense intended to any other manufacturer I just think JJP would nail this theme and I would love to see what they did with it. If JJP did Willy Wonka it would most likely be my first NIB. I would be ok selling a few games for that theme.

Also would really hope for it to be based on the original and not the Johnny Depp version. Would be a deal breaker for me.

Thoughts? Ideas?

#2 6 years ago

The rumor that i heard was that willy wonka will be jjp, but a retheme of a current game (like shrek is to family guy)

#3 6 years ago

Vote a HUGE yes:

JJP & original film and please NO re-theme ... I was born in the town in upstate NY where "Charlie" still lives. He's a vet at Countryside clinic in Lowville NY and working mostly on dairy farms ... keeps a low profile on his past acting career

Link to his bio as a vet (Pete Ostrum)

http://www.cvcpets.com/our-doctors.pml

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

The rumor that i heard was that willy wonka will be jjp, but a retheme of a current game (like shrek is to family guy)

So they retheme WOZ for WW? What are the mini playfields then?

#5 6 years ago

While I do like the re-tread movie it has to be Original Gene Wilder.

Center playfield is the big room. Earn a Golden Ticket to get stuff started.

Chocolate ramps for Augustas Gloop lead to areas for Veruca Salt (love the band) / Violet / Mike Teevee.

I just want to bash Oopa Loompas everywhere with a hurry-up or Multi-Ball where you smack as many as you can.

Maybe a mini wizard where you survive a fizzy lifting.

Shot blocks by Slugworth.

Glass elevator Wizard mode with everything lit.

Lots of material, colorful easy crap to make look good. Win Win Win.

#6 6 years ago

I would love this! The original Gene Wilder movie is one of my favorites. But why retheme an existing pin? JJP doesn’t have enough pins to start thinking about retheming. I already own WOZ, so if they do this, I hope they come up with an original design and layout. JJP would knock this out of the park!

#7 6 years ago

Would have to be original movie but I would be in for a Standard.

If it is a rework of a current game - Id be out if its Hobbit.

#8 6 years ago

Absolutely count me in.

#9 6 years ago

Retheme WOZ to Wonka? I'm in.

Hate the WOZ theme. No broadway style musicals.

But 1971 Wonka? In.

Wonkavator >>> Flying Monkey

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hate the WOZ theme. No musicals, sorry.
    But 1971 Wonka? In.

4CE296BD-9C4C-4B74-B97B-5337A190D5C7 (resized).jpeg4CE296BD-9C4C-4B74-B97B-5337A190D5C7 (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago

Hate the WOZ theme. No musicals, sorry.
    But 1971 Wonka? In.

I think Willy Wonka is a musical though...

But yeah I would prefer them not do a rethme. But if it was WOZ layout and original Gene Wilder, that may be good enough for me.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I think Willy Wonka is a musical though...

True I really was thinking Broadway style. I'm so close to NYC, and get dragged there from time to time. Thankfully not often though!

And Gene Wilder was in Blazing Saddles, so..

Hey I guess that's a musical too!

#13 6 years ago

Ball gets pushed/ VUK the chocolate shoot like Augustus.

Mushroom sweet pop bumpers, wonka vision Mini LED screen!
    Umpaloompa bash target like DI man

Glass elevator revolving, like witch house on WOZ

#14 6 years ago

Golden Egg trap door for the ball..

The list is practically endless!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ball gets pushed/ VUK the chocolate shoot like Augustus.
    Mushroom sweet pop bumpers, winks vision Mini LED screen!
    Umpaloompa bash target like DI man
    Glass elevator revolving, like witch house on WOZ

It'd be pretty cool to have two "Wonkavision" playfields. You comelette one with a regulation size ball on left, then you play one with a mini-sized ball on the right.

#17 6 years ago

Willy wonka the original is one the greatest of all movies of all time. I love the movie.

Way way more than the wizard of oz movie.

Willy wonka is probably my favorite movie, of all. The remake while not nearly as good, was a valiant effort.

If you have not heard the album Primus and the chocolate factory, you should check that out, imho.

#18 6 years ago

I highly doubt jjp would do a re-theme. WW would be really cool though, and I'm sure they would also have full media rights to the older movie.

#19 6 years ago

I would love a Willy Wonka Pinball based off the original movie would be a dream theme. Even though I don't like when companies retheme a game I would be ok with it in this situation because I like woz a lot and I don't own one so if they where to retheme woz into Wonka I would definitely be in.

#20 6 years ago

No thanks if it is a retheme - don't want a duplicate. Maybe if it is a JJP original. It would definitely peak an interest to try one either way. So much that could be done with an original design for that theme.

#21 6 years ago

Where did the retheme rumor come from? I haven't heard that until now.

#22 6 years ago

HELL YES! I've always wished JJP would do this theme.

"Come with me
    and you'll be
    in a world of
    pure imagination ..."

#23 6 years ago

Would be exciting

#24 6 years ago

Gobstopper bump!

#25 6 years ago

Blueberry Girl mode, the entire playfield color changes.

#26 6 years ago

A $9500 retheme is a horrible idea. It needs to be an original layout to draw more sales. The pricing is still a problem with pricing people out that just can't value a pinball machine that high on entertainment value and on principle.
    The classic Wonka theme would be great though.

#27 6 years ago

JJP makes amazing pins but they need a home run theme. This could be it!

#28 6 years ago

Classic Wonka = YES!
    Re-theme of a current game = Bad idea if you ask me

-Steve

#29 6 years ago

I recall talks of Kapow considering this for their next pin (Stern). Anyone heard from a reliable source if this license has actually been attained by anyone? Please God be JJP.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Please God be JJP.

I can't see Stern doing this theme at all. It just seems like something JJP would knock out of the park.

-Steve

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I can't see Stern doing this theme at all.

I can. The BBH voice over guy is already rehearsing his call outs.

#32 6 years ago

Yes this will be done by JJP (not an easy license I may add), but it's not the next.

#33 6 years ago

Willy Wonka would be what I would buy possibly . Based on the classic Gene Wilder film. Think of all the cool music and theme modes and working toys that could be put in this machine . Way more creative than a re-theme . I hope I am right . Sounds Dope.

If you think all this sucks Rock Out to this "Veruca Salt"

#34 6 years ago

Who has licence? Great provided ALL assets are able to used, pretty pointless if no faces of characters can be shown in video clips or if the oompa loompa song can't be used...

#35 6 years ago

JJP has the license according to rumors, coming after Toy Story so 2019.

Original movie.

Re-theme would be a really poor idea, especially with so few games being produced.

Could put Golden tickets inside the games.

Then there could be a party at JJP for all ticket holders!

#36 6 years ago

True I really was thinking Broadway style. I'm so close to NYC, and get dragged there from time to time. Thankfully not often though!
    And Gene Wilder was in Blazing Saddles, so..
    Hey I guess that's a musical too!

So I guess Hamilton is out of the question? A Burr duel wizard mode could be pretty sweet.

#37 6 years ago

I would think a retheme is possible of woz to wonka. But.

I truly think the theme deserves its own game. Despite the fact woz is a polished gem and the code is pretty solid.

I would prefer to see an original willy wonka, not a retheme. Also. I think buyers would be interested. As this thread has shown.

When I was nine veruca salt enticed me. She wants it now. She wanted it all now.

Why did I like her?

Why did I like veruca salt speculation thread.

This Primus version of I want it now has the guitarist singing. I saw this live twice. I love it.

you really should listen to that whole album. If you like wonka and exceptionally good music.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would think a retheme is possible of woz to wonka. But.
    I truly think the theme deserves its own game. Despite the fact woz is a polished gem and the code is pretty solid.
    I would prefer to see an original willy wonka, not a retheme. Also. I think buyers would be interested. As this thread has shown.

Agreed, but maybe JJP can price it more realistically if it is a re-theme.

#39 6 years ago

If it's Jack, I'll let him know I can help. I know all the kids and was responsible for getting them to do conventions.

ted_&_wonka_kids (resized).jpgted_&_wonka_kids (resized).jpg

Also, as a hobby, I publish a magazine. In this issue there are interviews with the key people (director, producers, etc) and all the kids.
    When Gene Wilder saw the mag he asked his agent why he wasn't involved. (I tried, but agent said no!)

cache_536780804 (resized).jpgcache_536780804 (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

So I guess Hamilton is out of the question? A Burr duel wizard mode could be pretty sweet.

Only if someone really dies.

#41 6 years ago

Hi. I got a few emails about the Wonka Issue. Yes, I still have some left. For Pinsiders just PayPal $10 to [email protected]
    That's Priority 2nd Day Mail.

wonka bar (resized).jpgwonka bar (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

JJP & original film and please NO re-theme ... I was born in the town in upstate NY where "Charlie" still lives. He's a vet at Countryside clinic in Lowville NY and working mostly on dairy farms ... keeps a low profile on his past acting career
    Link to his bio as a vet (Pete Ostrum)
    http://www.cvcpets.com/our-doctors.pml

Separated at birth?

Peter-Ostrum (resized).jpgPeter-Ostrum (resized).jpgmario (resized).jpgmario (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago

wonka i see what you did (resized).jpgwonka i see what you did (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

Veruca Salt multi-ball!

"I want another ball Daddy! And I want it NOW!!!"

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Veruca Salt multi-ball!

Julie is fantastic! I had a limo take us to Veruca in NY. She spent a half hour signing the menus! The owner came over to me and asked if I could have her NOT sign the menus as they were running out!

Picture 011 (resized).jpgPicture 011 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

How about a brand new game based on the original movie

v2 (resized).jpgv2 (resized).jpg

then a retheme with the new movie?
    v1 (resized).pngv1 (resized).png

I love the original but prefer the eyegasm of the new one
    Of course two JD games from JJP would be a bit much.
    Unless they are going for an exclusive JD line of pinball.
    Alice in Wonderland anyone?
    v3 (resized).jpgv3 (resized).jpg

#47 6 years ago

Big thanks to all of you who ordered Wonka magazines! I will get them in the mail tomorrow morning.
    Best,---Ted

#48 6 years ago

All Tracking Numbers have been sent for Wonka Issue orders!
    Thanks all!

#49 6 years ago

As long as it is not a re-theme and based on the Gene Wilder original, I'm all in. Somehow I doubt that Jack would do a re-theme.

#50 6 years ago

The possibilities are endless and I really hope this happens! Count me in!

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-pinball-speculation-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.