• Willy Wonka 30 votes
    34%
  • Toy Story 9 votes
    10%
  • Forget JJP, go get Godzilla 48 votes
    55%

(87 votes)

#1 1 year ago

This is literally the choice I'm facing, I can't say I was really attracted to Willy Wonka but retrospectively, Toy Story feels very naked with pretty much less of everything. Both are Lawlor games, they would sit well next to Dialed In, I can live with both themes, so would my kind as they like both universes.

I understand one has been out for years, the other one is all look at videos and pictures to make an opinion, but i'm wondering what Pinside thinks about that. I know Wonka shoots like butter, Toy Story looks like the same type of smooth shooter but I am worried about the too many IMO video modes and what seems to be a less deep rule set, less shots, less flippers, less everything.

#2 1 year ago

I own Wonka. I hesitated on a WOZRR to keep money to buy Toy Story. After viewing everything, we've decided to wait and see. I know that doesn't exactly help you. But I love the Wonka, and my wife and kids do too.

#3 1 year ago

Go get Godzilla

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I own Wonka. I hesitated on a WOZRR to keep money to buy Toy Story. After viewing everything, we've decided to wait and see. I know that doesn't exactly help you. But I love the Wonka, and my wife and kids do too.

I just sold WOZRR to buy Toy Story, but I'm not excited about what we get for 12k. I wasn't big on Wonka when I played it on location, it was the same as Dialed In until I had a game that made me fall in love with it , I bought one and it's the game I play the most, I have the feeling the same can happen with Wonka.
But I do feel I'm letting go the most packed JJP ever and that number of toys, shots, playfields will never happen again.

#5 1 year ago

Wonka is the best JJP to date IMO

Gotta make sure its setup right and everything works.

#6 1 year ago

Wonka is way better. But Godzilla is better than all JJP games

#7 1 year ago

I liked Wonka. If Toy Story and Wonka both released without me first playing either, I'd probably go with Toy Story as it looks more fun. But I also never played No Good Gofers.

#8 1 year ago

I have DI & Wonka, love them both. They also seem to get the most gameplay. I ordered Toy Story because I really like both the JJP PL games.

Godzilla is ok, maybe I haven't played it enough. In general every Stern spike 2 game I have owned didn't stay in my collection very long. Unlike SMVE, IMVE, Met & ST Stern sam games.

Good Luck.

#9 1 year ago

Play. It. First.

#10 1 year ago

Kinda gotta wait for Toy Story to get out there and see how it is first, right?!?!

#11 1 year ago

So I ended up ordering a Wonka LE, my kids made the decision because quote " We don't like Toy Story 4, we always watch the other ones".

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So I ended up ordering a Wonka LE, my kids made the decision because quote " We don't like Toy Story 4, we always watch the other ones".

Wise choice I think...just make sure everything works when you get it and if it doesn't ask for help. The one I owned had all kinds of issues that had to be fixed up with the Gobstopper hole etc.

One of the rare games that is fun to play "correctly" but also fun just to slap the ball around and see what happens.

Its crazy deep so no lack of things to keep you busy if you get into it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 91.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 32.99
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-or-toy-story?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.