Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by smalltownguy2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D94719A3-82EF-4535-8CCC-023DE31F74E7 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 days ago

Other than watching and reading what I can online, Just wondering what the consensus is on operating willy wonka or any other Jersey Jack pin in public?Reliable enough?I just have to think willy wonka would kill in a couple of my pizza locations but have never had the chance to see any of their machines in the flesh other than a wizard of oz that I got 1 game on.

#2 4 days ago

Next Level just got one in today if you feel like deciding for yourself with a short drive. Personally I think it’ll do great.

D94719A3-82EF-4535-8CCC-023DE31F74E7 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 days ago

I wish i could find a wonka to play in my area

#4 4 days ago

At probably around $7200 I think it would be a great pin for location play. Not as complex as previous JJP pins, but still loaded. Shorter ball times will make quick games and the programmers have designed the game for operating on location. Good build quality and modern color changing LEDs and 2 monitors would definitely draw in potential customers. Go for it! If for some reason it doesn’t earn as well as you want, you can sell and buy something else later.

#5 4 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

At probably around $7200 I think it would be a great pin for location play. Not as complex as previous JJP pins, but still loaded. Shorter ball times will make quick games and the programmers have designed the game for operating on location. Good build quality and modern color changing LEDs and 2 monitors would definitely draw in potential customers. Go for it! If for some reason it doesn’t earn as well as you want, you can sell and buy something else later.

Where are you getting the pricing of $7200?

#6 4 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I thought $7.5 plus shipping

#7 4 days ago

I have WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates here since they came out. Still waiting on Willy Wonka.

Before you read any further remember I work for JJP, so please remember that.

WOZ - had light board failures upgraded to 7.5 volt, a few static lock ups after the change. Eventually swapped to 2.0 for my benefit for tech support. One broken state fair pop bumper bracket, one broken spinner. Red slipper came off of left flipper twice ( once a few days ago )

Hobbit - one broken pop bumper bracket. Adjust a couple pop up character things so they worked better. One LED board failure when drop target bank above it shorted it out.

Dialed In - subway opto popped out under theater. One broken trap door flap. Bios on motherboard got corrupted initially thought phone issue.

Pirates - One of first 20 games that had black pearl pivots that needed changing and mine got messed up more in shipping/ not games fault. A few broken flipper rubber rings.

And normal cleaning and new balls and rubber rings.

I've found them to be quite dependable in commercial use 80+ hours a week.

I expect the same from Willy Wonka.

LTG : )

#8 4 days ago

Had a dialed in. Had a series of issues out of the box but the game played solid after resolution. Earned around the same as Stern pros at a much higher price point. Have not purchased another JJP since. IMHO the ROI on new pinball is slim enough as it is, JJP games are priced too high for location use. Although dialed in is a complete garbage theme so Wonka should have a better draw. To me it's not worth spending 1.5x the price for the game vs a Stern pro unless the coin box will be 1.5x as full. I've heard others say pirates has been minting money but I couldn't pull the trigger on one due to the high cost and constant threads about the poor quality.

#9 4 days ago

I know a couple people who have Wonka on location and they say it has been killing and doing much better compared to some of the other newer games. Most JJP games on location seem to break down a lot Wonka's have seemed ok so far in the department but it's still pretty new.

#10 4 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

To me it's not worth spending 1.5x the price for the game vs a Stern pro unless the coin box will be 1.5x as full.

That is a good point.

I didn't go into earnings in my arcade. It wouldn't matter because every business can be different. Part of being an operator is knowing what your players want. And what will earn for you.

#11 4 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ - had light board failures upgraded to 7.5 volt, a few static lock ups after the change.

I had an issue when the game turned on, and the lights didn't come on.. yet the game worked fine. Had to reset the game to get them back. Might of happened 1 out of every 30 cycles.
is that what you mean by static lock ups?
Haven't seen it happen with the 2.0 kit installed though. (fingers crossed)

#12 4 days ago

Also think about resale also. JJP buyers do not want routed games even at a low price. A routed Stern pro, DP, SW, GOTG, will be an easier sell.

#13 4 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

is that what you mean by static lock ups?

No. A static lock up, the lights would freeze on and in a single color.

#14 4 days ago

I just have to say a big thank you to all you brave souls that are willing to put $7500 games on location!!!

#15 4 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Also think about resale also. JJP buyers do not want routed games even at a low price. A routed Stern pro, DP, SW, GOTG, will be an easier sell.

I’ve had the opposite experience

#16 4 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

+1 they are expensive games, people are happy to get a small discount on a game that basically looks perfect. You can put thousands of plays on a game and they look perfect and usually play much better than the game that gets played 5x a week.

#17 4 days ago

Every distributor I’ve ever ordered from is below msrp , no tax and no shipping. Maybe you should call and check around if you’re planning on buying nib

#18 4 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

Every distributor I’ve ever ordered from is less than msrp, no tax and no shipping. Maybe you should call and check

Does that include JJP games?

#19 4 days ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does that include JJP games?

Yes. It’s up to distributors to set prices and they are usually less than msrp. Unless it is a hot or rare title- depends on how much profit the distributor is making. Maybe they choose to sell more games at a slight discount and offer other perks? Unfortunately there are new tax laws in place and also depends on where they are shipping to. You will probably have to pay taxes and shipping unless you have a local distributor that can give you a good deal.

#20 4 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Well to be fair if you got near $8400 for your DI on location for 2 months you definitely got the best of the deal.
Sorry to research and spy on you.

#21 1 day ago
Quoted from Coz:

Every distributor I’ve ever ordered from is below msrp , no tax and no shipping. Maybe you should call and check around if you’re planning on buying nib

Quoted from Coz:

Yes. It’s up to distributors to set prices and they are usually less than msrp. Unless it is a hot or rare title- depends on how much profit the distributor is making. Maybe they choose to sell more games at a slight discount and offer other perks? Unfortunately there are new tax laws in place and also depends on where they are shipping to. You will probably have to pay taxes and shipping unless you have a local distributor that can give you a good deal.

Chris from Kingpin, would you care to chime in on this and set the record straight?

#22 1 day ago

I can only comment on what I know.

Myself and the rest of the JJP Authorized distributors are under contract to sell at certain prices with no extras (free shipping, etc) included.

#23 1 day ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I can only comment on what I know.
Myself and the rest of the JJP Authorized distributors are under contract to sell at certain prices with no extras (free shipping, etc) included.

MAP (minimum advertised price) pricing is the official name, IIRC. That's why a lot of times you see places that say to call them for a special price -- that's common with TVs and other large electronics.

#24 1 day ago

I usually buy my jjp games from Buddy (doughslingers) and have always had no problems paying msrp because he delivers, sets it up and has always provided good support after the sale. I’m sure other distributors do the same as well, but can only speak to my experiences buying jjp games (WOZ and Dialed In)

#25 1 day ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

50+ games on route. The JJP games are the most common asked about for purchase FWIW.

Granted, I think many think that routed means some crazy low price when in reality we maintain our games very well so they dont loose much value.
In the case of selling a game, TH was one of the easiest sales off route we have had.

All said, JJP games earn well long term so they frankly stay on route.

Wonka is doing well and I expect it will continue to earn well in the long run.

Fun theme, well known, good ruleset (which will hopefully polish out), and aside form pf issues it appears to be the best build to date from JJP with fewest issues out of box.

#26 1 day ago

Finally a Wonka Review!!

#27 23 hours ago

I got a Wonka coming for the route. Whysnow is correct, if you keep your game clean and well maintained, there is no problem when resale time comes. In the past few months I sold a GB pro and SW Pro. Both were from my route. GB brought me 4650 and sw 4800. Cant complain on 2 games I owned for 2 and 3 years.
Another example of resale is a few months ago a woz that was so used it had wear spots on the playfield still brought 5800. I cant imagine how much it made to get to that point.

#28 12 hours ago
Quoted from Coz:

Alright, I've done the homework on this, and I'm calling you out. Your comments are complete bullshit with regard to Jersey Jack pins. Show us the proof or GTFO.

#29 12 hours ago

Alright, I've done the homework on this, and I'm calling you out. Your comments are complete bullshit with regard to Jersey Jack pins. Show us the proof or GTFO.

I cannot comment further due to requests from distributors that sell for JJP. There are so many variables that go into a sale- what state you live in, how close you are to distributors, will you pick up or ship, are you trading a game in to offset cost, etc. All I can say is call and speak with a distributor. They are a bunch of good guys who will take care of you before, during and after the sale. Every situation is unique and could vary slightly. Very little wiggle room in JJP pricing.

#30 12 hours ago
Quoted from Coz:

I cannot comment further due to requests from distributors that sell for JJP. There are so many variables that go into a sale- what state you live in, how close you are to distributors, will you pick up or ship, are you trading a game in to offset cost, etc. All I can say is call and speak with a distributor. They are a bunch of good guys who will take care of you before, during and after the sale. Every situation is unique and could vary slightly. Very little wiggle room in JJP pricing.

Got it. So no proof.

I left messages with the distributors in VA, got no response back. I don't believe you. And IF, and this is a BIG IF, you got a NIB Wonka from an authorized distributor for under MAP, spouting off about it here isn't very smart. I hope both JJP and your distributor are watching. Not cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,500.00
$ 12,500.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside