(Topic ID: 242481)

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory is almost here!

By Jasontaps

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jasontaps
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Which Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory model did you preorder? ”

• Standard Edition 24 votes
    26%
  • Limited Edition 43 votes
    46%
  • Collector's Edition 27 votes
    29%

(94 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wonka-SE.png
Wonka-LE.png
Wonka-CE.png

#1 4 years ago

Which Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory model did you preorder?
This poll isnt which one do you want. Its what model did you actually preorder.

Wonka-CE.pngWonka-CE.pngWonka-LE.pngWonka-LE.pngWonka-SE.pngWonka-SE.png

#2 4 years ago

If your looking for what everyone answered a few weeks ago ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If your looking for what everyone answered a few weeks ago ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-reveal-details

That was who wants what. This is who actually ordered which model.
Heck, I want a Limited Edition, but I just cant afford it. Im quite happy with the SE.

#4 4 years ago

ordered a CE - but after a few games in Allentown I am questioning if I want it at all now

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

ordered a CE - but after a few games in Allentown I am questioning if I want it at all now

Me too. Really wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I'm chalking it up to early code at the moment.

#6 4 years ago

Same here. Would love to get more time on it, but will probably a long time until any are available again in this area.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Me too. Really wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. I'm chalking it up to early code at the moment.

I’ve owed Pat’s Dialed In for a year.I can almost 100% guarantee Wonka will be a blast when finished.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ve owed Pat’s Dialed In for a year.I can almost 100% guarantee Wonka will be a blast when finished.

I am inclined to think so - but the limited 2 games I had on Wonka (with weak flippers) did not impress and actually made me want a DI
Withholding judgement and keeping my CE preorder until I can get some games in on a production model.

But ... seeing the LE and even the SE - don't see any scenario where I keep my preorder for a CE and not go to an LE
SE really looks like the winner and there is value in the LE with the invisiglass, shaker, ball lock mech and powdercoating... just not seeing the 3 grand jump to a CE at this point.

#9 4 years ago

I am inclined to think so - but the limited 2 games I had on Wonka (with weak flippers) did not impress and actually made me want a DI
Withholding judgement and keeping my CE preorder until I can get some games in on a production model.
But ... seeing the LE and even the SE - don't see any scenario where I keep my preorder for a CE and not go to an LE
SE really looks like the winner and there is value in the LE with the invisiglass, shaker, ball lock mech and powdercoating... just not seeing the 3 grand jump to a CE at this point.

It’s good to have a choice,we went thru this for Dialed In.

#10 4 years ago

This poll is already in the official club thread if you want to see results so far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This poll is already in the official club thread if you want to see results so far.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside

That pole is "What edition are you ordering or planning to buy"
This is who actually ordered which model.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

That pole is "What edition are you ordering or planning to buy"
This is who actually ordered which model.

No real difference, but have at it then.

#13 4 years ago

I don’t pre-order, so I didn’t vote. I’m planning to get a standard.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I don’t pre-order, so I didn’t vote. I’m planning to get a standard.

This is the first time I preordered. Im very anxious. I wonder when these will hit the assembly line?

#15 4 years ago

The code is very early. I am not letting negitive reviews get in the way of my purchase. I liked the game I played and I have always loved Wilders Wonka. I'm sure its going to be great.

#16 4 years ago

Money was in on a CE. Quickly changed that to a LE. Now I'm thinking about moving money to ACNC/deadpool pro combo.

Hopefully I can find a wonka somewhere soon(non pin show) to put some more games on it and be able to hear it.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Money was in on a CE. Quickly changed that to a LE. Now I'm thinking about moving money to ACNC/deadpool pro combo.
Hopefully I can find a wonka somewhere soon(non pin show) to put some more games on it and be able to hear it.

Head up to jjp to play it in a isolated environment?

#18 4 years ago

Going to try that.

#19 4 years ago

I was going to buy a standard, but now I’m having second thoughts. The side cabinet art looks embarrassingly bad, sparse toys and I’m not crazy about the theme integration. I could go with an LE, but I’m just not going to ever pay that much for a pin.

I may just go with MMr, which IMO offers a lot more as far as toys and theme. It’s also a proven game whereas I feel like I’d be rolling the dice with Wonka right now. Maybe I’ll go for a used LE once it matures and I get some more flipper time.

I am interested in hearing more thoughts on the game though.

#20 4 years ago

I too am not pre-ordering but wouldn't be surprised if an LE eventually ends up in my collection. I did not vote, but that's the one I would go with if there weren't other games I wanted more first.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Head up to jjp to play it in a isolated environment?

That is the tough thing about trying new pins. It's so loud in the area that you miss those fine sounds or even speech.
I know when I played the SE model, it was so noisy around me. Not blaming the machine, just the atmosphere.

3 weeks later
#22 4 years ago

So as of at least today (June 10th) Willy Wonka is on the assembly line and I dont see any chatter about it.
I was on the fence between WW or ST Pro. Still love ST, but I think now that Wonka will be here in a few weeks, I am getting more excited.
Nothing like that new pin smell to look forward to.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No real difference, but have at it then.

If there is no real difference why are you coming over to someone else's thread and pissing on it

#24 4 years ago

Got the phone call WW is shipping soon. Mine is paid in full as of about 1 hour ago!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Got the phone call WW is shipping soon. Mine is paid in full as of about 1 hour ago!

SE?

#26 4 years ago

Yes, the SE models are first on the assembly line.
I'm not sure of the order or quantity from there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-preorder-poll?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.