Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadhorse.gif
dyw17s.jpg
images-4.jpeg
starwarschair.JPG
hansfranz.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ozzie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ChrisS>

Seems like the OP is good friends with a distro and they have a little system worked out where he gets to buy games at a good price and then sell them for more to others (when the title is hot). This keeps the distro safe from the potential wrath of the manufacturer if they were to find a distro flipping games for more than expected. Nice little gig they have going if you are more concerned with making a buck than anything else.
I do find it funny that the OP justifies his actions by saying how he 'let' his other games go back to his distro buddy. Just because you helped someone else get a game does not mean it is ok to try an take advantage of someone else.
If you actually bought the game to play, then you would be doing just that. If you were selling it after you opened it and decided you did not like it, then no worries.
If you really wanted to help out the community, then you would be handing this game back over to your distro so he could help out an actual player/collector/metallica fan that really wants to own the LE version bump got 'bumped'.

This is an unfair statement - both to Jim and Trent. Although I have not bought from Jim. I have requested and received quotes from him. His prices has always been more than competitive and fair. Even his past for sale threads are competitive.

Also, if you look at his post history, he has sought the requested titles in trades before. It makes perfect and logical sense to make this trade request. He has a sought after title that holds less value to him personally than the requested trade titles. Why not ask for this trade? Even if he sold this for a profit to buy some other pin or something else he wanted, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I understand someone's frustration that they thought they had a MOPLE from their distributor and now don't. But your frustration is misdirected at Jim. He has nothing to do with that.

Limited availability is the nature of collectible items. If the "play" aspect of Mettalica pinball is the most important thing to you, then the premium version should satisfy your purposes. If you want the LE because of its collectible and limited nature, then there are current and will be future opportunities to acquire one - at whatever the market price is. I am sure people negotiate with distributors and NIB sellers like Jim to pay as little as possible for XM, TFLE and Avengers citing market price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ozzie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willing-to-trade-my-mople-for-the-right-deal?tu=Ozzie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.