Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadhorse.gif
dyw17s.jpg
images-4.jpeg
starwarschair.JPG
hansfranz.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Angry? Hardly. Plus, as I said I was never in for one.
I call em like I see em and this was a total dick move to post the day after a bunch of collectors got the shaft.
I did have a few beers last night (8?) so I normally wouldn't have made that post even though I stand by it.
Anyway, I did mean it for to be somewhat funny as he said he wouldn't check the thread so therefore he would never know what I said right?

Wow, this may be worse than your first post... Sad

#152 11 years ago

He wasn't lucky... He had a buddy and got on the list back in Jan. when we knew nothing about it.

If that's luck then I need to look up the definition again.

Good luck with the trade.

Why do I have a warning?? I didn't curse this guy out

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What is the issue here? Tell me?

Bad taste.

The hottest thread on Pinside in the last day or two, by far, has been the Stern Sucks thread, talking about how numerous people who had ordered MOP LE's, several of whom actually mailed checks, were subsequently told by their distributors that they had their allotment cut and these people weren't getting the pin that they bought. People were obviously upset by this, and for good reason (I was not one of them as I didn't try to order a MOP LE). That thread has over 700 posts in it.

Then Jaimmy comes along and posts this thread about how he'd sell or trade his MOP LE "for the right deal", basically trying to take advantage of the current feeding frenzy that is taking place, knowing that a lot of people who want this pin and ordered it aren't getting it (because they got screwed), thus driving up the price. I think he's taking advantage of the bad situation where many others got royally screwed, and it comes across as he's going to screw them over too if they really want the pin.

The more tactful thing to do would have been to wait until this all blows over, not post it right in the middle of people finding out. Why post it now? I think the reason is obvious.

He can sell the pin or trade it for whatever he wants. It was simply poor taste to do it when he did, especially considering that he himself admitted that he knew that distributors were having their allotment cut.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Whatever. Keep stickin up for your bud.

#155 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bad taste.
The hottest thread on Pinside in the last day or two, by far, has been the Stern Sucks thread, talking about how numerous people who had ordered MOP LE's, several of whom actually mailed checks, were subsequently told by their distributors that they had their allotment cut and these people weren't getting the pin that they bought. People were obviously upset by this, and for good reason (I was not one of them as I didn't try to order a MOP LE). That thread has over 700 posts in it.
Then Jaimmy comes along and posts this thread about how he'd sell or trade his MOP LE "for the right deal", basically trying to take advantage of the current feeding frenzy that is taking place, knowing that a lot of people who want this pin and ordered it aren't getting it (because they got screwed), thus driving up the price. I think he's taking advantage of the bad situation where many others got royally screwed, and it comes across as he's going to screw them over too if they really want the pin.
The more tactful thing to do would have been to wait until this all blows over, not post it right in the middle of people finding out. Why post it now? I think the reason is obvious.
He can sell the pin or trade it for whatever he wants. It was simply poor taste to do it when he did, especially considering that he himself admitted that he knew that distributors were having their allotment cut.

Ok, fine, that is your opinion but does it have to get this personal? Call him vulgar names? I mean you are one of the ones with a 'thumbs up' in the vulgar name calling post. So this is your answer for 'bad taste'? YOUR THUMBS UP IN THAT VULGAR POST IS PRETTY TASTELESS ITSELF!

#156 11 years ago

Ok, fine, that is your opinion but does it have to get this personal? Call him vulgar names? I mean you are one of the ones with a 'thumbs up' in the vulgar name calling post. So this is your answer for 'bad taste'? YOUR THUMBS UP IN THAT VULGAR POST IS PRETTY TASTELESS ITSELF!

images-4.jpegimages-4.jpeg

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

I have a confirmed paid for MOPLE that I would be willing to trade plus/minus a lot or a little cash as needed for something nice. Game can drop ship from Stern directly to you.

I will trade you an official membership in the SS Billiards fan club even up.

LTG : )

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why post it now? I think the reason is obvious.

Yup. VERY obvious. To cash in on the hype right now and to do it QUICK, before any more info comes out about the game and potentially derails the hype machine.

Just wish the OP would admit his intent form the beginning. I would respect it as 'his choice to do what he wants' if he would not try and make it sound like something besides what it obviously is.

#159 11 years ago

I would like to cash in my machine for this MOPLE ! I offer a HUO Congo and a HUO I500 you pay the shipping both ways for your MOPLE . No haggling !

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Feel free to retire again anytime bud...

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why not? Fight bad taste with bad taste. He hit a nerve, plain and simple. That should be plainly obvious given the number of thumbs up that the "vulgar post" got.

#163 11 years ago

Here, let me fix the OP

Quoted from jaimmy127:

I have a confirmed paid (which means I may or may not actually get it) MOPLE that I am looking to cash in immediately now that lots of you got dropped from your preorders and the hype machine is running strong. I am looking to trade plus/minus a lot or a little cash as needed for something nice.
Game WILL be drop shipped from Stern directly to you, as I do not even have to touch the game to make a pile of profit.

Really looking for titles (that are worth a lot and you normally would never get rid of but you are so junked up on the hype you might actually trade) like NIB BIB, HUO BBB (especially one with spare parts), HEP restored A-title B/W games, restored MMs/MBs/AFMs, etc. and not the normal lightly routed games that are out there all the time for sale. I am not interested in CV, TOM, TOTAN, CP to name a few. I really just want your prized games that you have and am hoping that some sucker will buy into the hype machine and trade me something worth 10k for my NIB MOPLE that all I did was ask by distro buddy if I could have one a few months ago before the announcement was even public. Sweet for me, but sucks to be you

If I am going to make a trade, I want it to be something real nice that you normally would not ever trade away for a game where there is not even a video of gameplay and chances are it will ship without complete code.

Please hit me up via e-mail or PM and we can discuss privately and see if we can make some sort of deal. I will not be monitoring this thread as I fully understand that I am attempting to screw people over and will only reply privately to emails, PMs and phone/texts directly to me. That way you don't need to be embarrassed by me taking advantage of the situation.
Jim
614-893-3282
[email protected]

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why not? Fight bad taste with bad taste.

LOL, Classic... and just as I thought.

#165 11 years ago

After reading what the OP wrote, I feel he did nothing wrong and is a liked and upstanding member of the community. Can't we let this drop now and move on?

deadhorse.gifdeadhorse.gif

#166 11 years ago

This is the business side of pinball folks. Like it or not business is part of pinball, good or bad. Though I may agree with things being said here, I will NEVER judge somebody trying to sell something. A transaction always takes two people to come to a mutual agreement. Does it matter what we think of this transaction? If the guy buying it or making the trade gets his wish and his happy, why are we concerned about the conditions of the transaction?

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LOL, Classic... and just as I thought.

So you are all hung up on the one "vulgar" post in this thread? I'm sorry that your delicate sensibilities were hurt.

Too bad that the OP isn't as sensitive as you are.

#168 11 years ago

Thanks you... apology accepted!

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Here, let me fix the OP

In soviet Russia, Pinball machine trade you.

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Feel free to be my bud...

Your my best bud... happy now?

#171 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thanks you... apology accepted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willing-to-trade-my-mople-for-the-right-deal/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.