Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vex
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

deadhorse.gif
dyw17s.jpg
images-4.jpeg
starwarschair.JPG
hansfranz.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

look through all his adds over the past few months if not, he's buying from someone like Trent and selling here Mrpinball and ebay.

Bingo

#52 6 years ago

Called distributor in chattanooga and he said he was getting one. I couldnt afford it so i passed.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is so funny. I sure wish the OP from that thread would re-surface soon. Maybe we can get dito to go to his house.

I wish he would too, but I don't think he will. Some people are actually angry with him and I can understand that. But from his posts I don't think he is really a genuine bad guy. He seems more like Wile E. Coyote to me. Plus he is responsible (indirectly and not) for some of the funniest stuff Ive ever seen on here. That's just my opinion.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

Called distributor in chattanooga and he said he was getting one. I couldnt afford it so i passed.

They are open 24hrs now with such a hot market.

#55 6 years ago

I meant earlier.

#56 6 years ago

If you guys think this is the only "dealer" holding games to barter with or sell later on down the road, you're crazy.

#57 6 years ago

Get over all the jealousy... its his game and he can do what he wants with it. Talk about poor taste! Most of your crappy comments here are in poor taste.

" I DIDN'T GET ONE SO NO ONE SHOULD HAVE ONE!" WHHHHAAAA! WHHHHAAA! WHHHHAAAA!

#58 6 years ago

You stay classy, teekee.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You stay classy, teekee.

It would be so nice if a few of us would...

#60 6 years ago

I finally broke down and read through the thread.

A lot of you guys know me from Pinside and RGP. I have done trades/sales/etc with many of you and for the most part, I think people are pleased with our deals. I feel like I am always open an honest and represent everything accurately to the best of my ability. I have a good many games, I buy a lot of games and I sell a lot of games. I deal with guys in the US, Canada, overseas, etc. I don't think there is really anything wrong with any of that.

Here are the Metallica LE facts guys:

- I am not a distributor. I am good friends with Trent. I buy games from Trent, sell games for Trent when I don't have them myself, etc. but Trent is the Stern distributor, not me.

- I actually ordered three Metallica LEs for myself back in early January (long before any hype) and prepaid fully for them 100% (I took all the risk as I was paying for and taking the games good or bad). My pre-orders were some of the first few that were sent in. Once this fiasco started with the shortage of games and Stern cutting distrib orders, I did the right thing and ended up giving up two of my three pre-ordered games back to Trent so he could fill as many of his orders as possible for other customers who wanted them and had pre-ordered at pre-order pricing. I think that is far from being an opportunist as one person accused me of. I am getting ONE game from Trent for myself (even though I was one of the first people on the pre-order list and actually paid in full for three).

- I also took pre-order deposits from three other Pinside members for Metallica LE back in January (*$500 deposit). When it looked like things might get a little crazy last week with Stern cutting distrib orders, I immediately cut a check out of my own money and paid Trent in full for their three games even though I had not been paid yet by them to make sure their payment was in early enough so that they would be sure to get a game (I still have not been paid for all of them yet). I did not have to do that but wanted to make sure they got their games. I doubt if most other folks would have done that but I did. I am happy to say that they are all receiving a Metallica LE game at the pre-order price as agreed. I wont mention names here but if they want to chime in, feel free.

- I have bought one or more of nearly every Stern LE game made and also many Pros/Premiums. I think that makes me a loyal Stern customer. Some purchases have turned out good (ACDC LE, Tron LE, IM, etc.) and some have turned out bad (Avengers LE, XMEN LE, etc.) but in the end, I took the full risk with my money and either reaped some benefits or took the loss). BTW, anyone want to buy an Avengers LE!!

At this point, I have the one Metallica LE game I am getting from Trent that I am not sure if I want to keep or not. It is obviously a very desired title right now. In 4 or 5 weeks when the game is released, that will change (either up or down, who knows).

The only reason I threw out a trade is that maybe this game is more desirable to others than it is to me. Personally, I would like to find a BBB, MM, etc and would be willing to give this up in partial trade for something like that. Like I said, If I am going to make a trade, I want it to be something nice that I don't get the opportunity to find every day. If not, I will open it up and keep it. I am not trying to rip anyone off, I said that I would be willing to trade plus/minus a lot or a little cash as needed for something nice. My game is worth X, yours is worth Y, we settle the difference in cash, typical trade, nothing more. We all know that sometimes in order to get people to cut loose some of their nicer stuff you have to have some nice trade bait to offer in return.

#61 6 years ago

Classy!!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL ....I like Jaimmy...he's a good guy...but yeah, this is in such poor taste and just rubs salt in the wound of anyone who couldn't get one for legit open-and-play fun.

Come on Greg. I like talking pinball with you and you are a good guy as well but please make sure all the facts are known first before saying that I have poor taste. I am not the one who controls how many games Stern makes and who gets them. That is all on Stern.

There are at least 5 other Pinsiders out there who got games because I gave up my fully pre-paid pre-orders or paid for their games in full out of my own money so Trent would have the money in hand quickly to save their pre-order spot in line. These people trusted me and ordered the games through me and I took care of them. Trust me, I will sleep well. I could have been very greedy here and chose to take the high road.

I kept one game for myself from Trent. That is it. There are some other things I might rather have than Metallica LE if the right trade would present itself. If not, I will keep it.

#63 6 years ago

Jaimmy,

PM sent to your pinside and personal mail

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Jim, You're better than this, my friend. C'mon, man. By the way, zero chance Jim is not "monitoring this thread... ". Zero.

Tom,

I too consider you a friend in the hobby.

Please read my lengthy post above. I think I went above and beyond in doing the right thing here and dont understand the "You're better than this, my friend". Too many comments being made without enough facts to support them.

I gave up everything I had pre-paid for except one game and even paid for other peoples games out of my pocket while they came up with the cash so they would be sure to get their game from Trent. Not sure what more I can do. Am I supposed to give up my one game too?

I have one game left for myself. I might keep it but if someone wants it and is willing to trade a BBB, etc. then I might consider it. If not, I will keep it.

#65 6 years ago

I'm gonna chime in and say, not knowing either person, this comes off as much more sincere than the resolve in that GAP fiasco the other day and that was met with all sorts of . Then again, who the hell asked me?

#66 6 years ago

Ouch!

Well said, Jim.

#67 6 years ago

I want to know how all these people that pre paid with distros knew about the pin when the damn game wasn't officially announced... So if you have a buddy that is a distro you get first dibs on information and machines and the rest of the consumers get screwed.... what a great f@$king system Stern has in place

#68 6 years ago

This is one of the most sickening posts and should be removed! WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS!

This needs to be removed and this guy needs to apologize! And those of you giving the thumbs up should be ashamed. How you guys can think this response is appropriate but what Jim is doing is wrong... that tells me everything I need to know about you guys! ABSOLUTE CRAP!

#69 6 years ago

got to get up early if you want the worm.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

got to get up early if you want the worm.

or know the right person

#71 6 years ago

We will see if any one "mans up" and issues an apology here.

#72 6 years ago

I contacted a distro soon as it was announced and some how it was already sold out... total BS

#73 6 years ago

Really, what's new? There are much smarter ways to spend a loose $8000 than on a pinball machine. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

We will see if any one "mans up" and issues an apology here.

There are very few 'men' here so I doubt there will be an apology. I only see a bunch of cry babies who lost their pacifier...

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This is one of the most sickening posts and should be removed! WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS!
This needs to be removed and this guy needs to apologize! And those of you giving the thumbs up should be ashamed. How you guys can think this response is appropriate but what Jim is doing is wrong... that tells me everything I need to know about you guys! ABSOLUTE CRAP!

yeah, 13+ pinsiders jumped on the bandwagon to support it...

classy.

The shrill level of whining here is disappointing... a few people don't get the COLOR toy they want and then go on a witch hunt for those that did.

Everyone believes in capitalism when they are SELLING, quite a few here completely forget how it works when they are buying...

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Everyone believes in capitalism when they are SELLING, quite a few here completely forget how it works when they are buying...

Just in case everyone misses it.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Aww, you gave me a thumbs down? How will I sleep tonight?

I just said what everyone was thinking, someone had too.

#78 6 years ago

It's his game, he paid for it, he can do whatever the F he wants with it. Flip it, burn it, play it, trade it...

#79 6 years ago

His intentions may be good but his timing sucked. Thats life. Now we all move on.

#80 6 years ago

Jim's a good guy & I'd do the same thing if Metallica wasn't my dream theme. I'm 1 of the guys that pre ordered back in January through Jim,& he sent the rest of the payment before he even received my check. If it weren't for Jim,I would have missed out like most other people did. Good luck with your trade.

#81 6 years ago

Now that Jim has chimed in I will speak.
Jim has always been upfront with deals. A few months back when I needed to have a quick "Fire Sale" of all my pins to take care of some things he spoke with me on the phone and cut me a very large check 3 WEEKS before he picked up my games and told me I could play them all I wanted before they were picked up. He gave me an extremely FAIR price for ALL of my games. Then we managed a couple other trades within that deal so some of my local friends were able to make some trades because of it as well. In the end EVERYONE was very happy and it started with Jim buying ALL of my games.
Jim also went to bat for me last week pre-paying before I even did to get me a MOP LE. Then it was cut. He has been ABSOLUTELY upfront with me about it and I will be getting a premium instead and I understand as it was not his fault. The idea that he ordered me a game while he had the chance before I could even send him any money is above and beyond cool.
So, in the future wait till you know the facts or pm the person in question before you rant. Jim may flip, trade, buy, sell. In the end it does not matter, he puts up the money or the offers and most of don't or can't. We all have choices in life and unfortunately some pinsiders have no life so roasting someone without facts seems to be their outlet. Sorry, but it's true.
thanks Jim for defending yourself.

#82 6 years ago

I will just say this. I've spoken to Jaimmy numerous times and he's always been a classy dude. Did you know Jaimmy bought like 3 Hulks? But, that didn't get any publicity. I'm bringing this up because he puts skin in the game and that's worth something.

#83 6 years ago

Thx Breadfan and Coasterguy for the support.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

thanks Jim for defending yourself.

Yep. When you defend yourself and present the facts...the weasels back down. Or most of them anyway. Some just continue to be miserable with their lives.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I want to know how all these people that pre paid with distros knew about the pin when the damn game wasn't officially announced... So if you have a buddy that is a distro you get first dibs on information and machines and the rest of the consumers get screwed.... what a great f@$king system Stern has in place

Shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone but it hear that Star Trek very well may be the next Stern game. I even heard a super secret rumor that Steve Ritchie might be the game designer. Of course I only know that because I know a Stern distributor (or maybe it was the 100 Pinside posts on the topic, cant remember?). Gotta do a little homework sometimes and not wait to be spoonfed!!

#86 6 years ago

Jim is, hands down, one of the straightest shooters in the hobby today. Deal with him with 100% confidence - and give him a break.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's his game, he paid for it, he can do whatever the F he wants with it. Flip it, burn it, play it, trade it...

This is what the "hobby" is right now. So many people get bashed for selling at market price, others are told told to quit whining and get a better paying job.

His timing may not have been "right", but this forum is full of people making money on the recent rise of pin prices. And somehow he's now "wrong" for doing the same thing?

Just trying to understand the hypocrisy in today's pinball marketplace.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

There are very few 'men' here so I doubt there will be an apology. I only see a bunch of cry babies who lost their pacifier...

Let me ask you this? If you paid for a LE only to have it pulled from you & then come on here & see someone who bought an LE just to flip it for a higher priced pin how would you feel? Just Curious

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

Shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone but it hear that Star Trek very well may be the next Stern game. I even heard a super secret rumor that Steve Ritchie might be the game designer. Of course I only know that because I know a Stern distributor (or maybe it was the 100 Pinside posts on the topic, cant remember?). Gotta do a little homework sometimes and not wait to be spoonfed!!

Yea I saw the same crap on facebook... but you said you prepaid in Jan. and I dont think anything was released then... maybe I'm wrong

#90 6 years ago

I have a confirmed paid for MOPLE <<<<< I claim BS , I thought I paid for one and locked it in , have my Paypal showing the charge from a vendor That was told it was mine so I paid on April 12th . Then today said Vendor calls and tells me Jim Belt from Stern called him and told him he oversold it and I am not getting my machine.. what makes you so special that it is garuanteed.. How did this happen to me. this is complete BS on my first or would have been my first NIB what a great first experience .. Stern Sucks a big one for this . Then I write them and I get some one line BS response wait to decide later !!>> WTF I did decide and that is why I paid in full. Now I get a refund and nothing but a headache and angry at distributor but was it his fault or Sterns JIM BELT .. I guess I can buy a website and share my experience and Blast stern showing my Emails back and forth to my Distributor his replies. My immediate payment , Then the week late Sorry Not yours , and the Lame Jim Belt response to what he did to me .. Freaking angry Pinballer here

#91 6 years ago

great to see that someone that has one does not even want it , And me who wants it Has to Now try and get one where it was told I OWNED one . Stern Sucks for this and think I will never buy one from them EVER new. Jim Belt .you sir are a Prick

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I just saw Dr_Gonzo's post, and a ban vote was given. Language like that and personal attacks will not be tolerated on Pinside. This is a reminder to everyone to please keep it civil and watch the language. This is a public forum, not your living room.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ladies and Gentlemen what we have here is a giant tool.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just saw Dr_Gonzo's post, and a ban vote was given. Language like that and personal attacks will not be tolerated on Pinside. This is a reminder to everyone to please keep it civil and watch the language. This is a public forum, not your living room.

I thought teekee was retired? Care to explain?

#95 6 years ago

Sorry, Jim. Best of luck and I sincerely hope you get the BBB or MM you are searching for. My apologies.

#96 6 years ago

Ya know what happened here...it's like that movie Glengarry Glen Ross....Ricky Roma: You never open your mouth until you know what the shot is!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a public forum, not your living room.

or bathroom.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Pinball, like many hobbies, has alot to do with who you know. I collect pinball memorabilia for the pins I have/had and I wouldn't have nearly what I do without some of the 'connections' I've made over the years. You can't blame someone for being 'in the loop'...

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I thought teekee was retired? Care to explain?

Teekee's account was closed by mistake. It was then re-opened. He was never booted, or even temporarily banned for that matter.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Teekee's account was closed by mistake. It was then re-opened. He was never booted, or even temporarily banned for that matter.

I see, spamming the forum is perfectly acceptable. Thanks for clarifying.

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside